• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bend down - This is Singapore

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
In 1986 and I remembered the year clearly as I saw this bricklayer with a straw hat working at a site at Ama Keng. I knew that he was Chinese but his clothes and height made him stand out. He was thin and heavily tanned. I asked around and I was told that he from China and he was part of small and discrete scheme where certain skilled artisan was brought in. I later checked and found that they were allowed to work and stay in the rural areas of Singapore and that they were carefully screened. Their scheme allowed them over a period of time to acquire local citizenship. I admired how had this chap worked and wished there were more. I also understood the sensitivities behind this quiet scheme as the local malays and Malaysia would be concerned that the Govt was addressing the declining birthrate of local Chinese from China. This was before the HK scheme was introduced.

How things have changed.

Now they have started scolding and abusing Singapore Chinese at hawker centres, writing disparaging comments whilst on state scholarship , absconding after graduation.

Because when you only allow a small fraction in, the best, they know its a privilege. And they will treasure it. When border control simply disappears, as they grow in numbers, they become arrogant and demanding, forgetting that back home, their govt will not hesitate to arrest anyone creating trouble. They became arseholes because we let them

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If Malaysia has "Malaysia Boleh", and Nike has "just do it", ours must surely be "Bend down - this is Singapore"

This must be the only country in the world that bends over backwards to accommodate the wimps and fancies of all foreigners. Not just Ang Mo tuakees but even the Indian, PRC and Filipinos are also now in the tuakee category.

We not only bend backwards but also forward and we seem to do it at the drop of the hat. I now waking up in the morning imagining our leaders bending repeatedly and offering themselves easily just to keep the GDP going.

Which dipstick came out with the policy to allow an entire family of foreigners to have PR except their NS aged sons. Which dipstick came up with the policy to give away our passport within 2 years and within 1 year for certain cases. Which dipstick came out with a white paper on population with no bearing on ground sentiments.

The best deal a foreigner can get is the scholarship from AStar. Government pays for the foreigner to be educated from first degree to post grad in a top university. For that, foreigner needs to become sinkapore citizen after first degree and serve a six year bond. Isn't that a sweet deal? Only offered to foreigners, not to sinkee.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When long time Ang Mo residents and expats complain, you know that we have tanked. Run out of ideas and just let anyone in and pray that they deliver something.

This is truly madness.

The Singapore passport has been cheapened. It has been abused by all and sundry. Foreigners enjoy all the fruits of our hard labour but abscorn when it is their turn to perform NS or give back something to the country.

Or property prices are sky high due to the hoard of foreign rent seekers.

And to top it all the fucking govt allows foreigners to treat locals like dirt, discriminate against them in employment, and insult our dignity.

What a fucked up government.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good point.

Because when you only allow a small fraction in, the best, they know its a privilege. And they will treasure it. When border control simply disappears, as they grow in numbers, they become arrogant and demanding, forgetting that back home, their govt will not hesitate to arrest anyone creating trouble. They became arseholes because we let them

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They are saying "your govt wants us here, because you all dont want to work, or not smart enough."

Yes, the foreigners in our midst have become bolder, more demanding, more insulting and rude, acting like a privileged class. And yes, many also make no qualms about how they feel about local Singaporeans, they feel they are a cut above us and they are here to make up for our alleged laziness and incompetency.

They have no qualms calling Singaporeans dogs and boasting they do jobs we can't or refuse to do. Notice the striking similarity to PAP propaganda. Who started calling Singaporeans dogs who pee in lifts? We all know the answer.

What is puzzling to me is why this sense of outrage is not more widespread. Surely people can see what is in plain sight. Maybe many are not talking because they think it is xenophobic to speak out?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

this is very true, when in small numbers they'll treasure and be wary but in big numbers they have no qualms to misbehave in Spore, and this is the result of PAP lousy control and this applies to all nationalities...

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The mystery is why are PRs allowed to buy HDB flats which are built for locals? What have they done to deserve flat ownership? When they leave, they can also clear out their full CPF money but locals have no chance to clear it out. What kind of shit Govt do we have?

yes they should be made to pay sky high for private property or just rent if they can't afford, as simple as that...anyway they have taken it for granted and don't appreciate the privilege of owning HDB, they think it is their entitlement..

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is truly madness.

The Singapore passport has been cheapened. It has been abused by all and sundry. Foreigners enjoy all the fruits of our hard labour but abscorn when it is their turn to perform NS or give back something to the country.

Or property prices are sky high due to the hoard of foreign rent seekers.

And to top it all the fucking govt allows foreigners to treat locals like dirt, discriminate against them in employment, and insult our dignity.

What a fucked up government.

actually it is very normal and feasible retirement plan for people to want to buy one HDB for own stay and one private property for investment, and many people have been doing since last time, but now the term rent seeker seem to suggest it is bad to want to be seeking rental income, which should not be the case. What is wrong should be the government who are big landlord to keep increasing land price and rent and they should be the targeted rent seeker and not the man on the street who just want to have a retirement plan by having one HDB and one private property.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
actually it is very normal and feasible retirement plan for people to want to buy one HDB for own stay and one private property for investment, and many people have been doing since last time, but now the term rent seeker seem to suggest it is bad to want to be seeking rental income, which should not be the case. What is wrong should be the government who are big landlord to keep increasing land price and rent and they should be the targeted rent seeker and not the man on the street who just want to have a retirement plan by having one HDB and one private property.

In a very small country where land is scarce, public housing should be used strictly for its intended purpose. Multiple property purchase and speculation or income generation is unavoidable but there must be safeguards to make sure the hoi polloi can get shelter without being ripped to shreds by their wealthier brethren.

Real estate is the number one investment of all time, and that's okay for bigger countries where allocation of land and resources can be achieved and still allowing for investment, speculation, property flipping, etc. For small countries there are always safeguards and any example you pick, you'll find safeguards against foreigners coming in to wreck the market. In Singapore where are the safeguards? You have PRs buying resale flats and cashing out and going back home when the timing is right. Who is left with the 25 year mortgage plus interest payment plus no more cash in CPF to retire?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a very small country where land is scarce, public housing should be used strictly for its intended purpose. Multiple property purchase and speculation or income generation is unavoidable but there must be safeguards to make sure the hoi polloi can get shelter without being ripped to shreds by their wealthier brethren.

Real estate is the number one investment of all time, and that's okay for bigger countries where allocation of land and resources can be achieved and still allowing for investment, speculation, property flipping, etc. For small countries there are always safeguards and any example you pick, you'll find safeguards against foreigners coming in to wreck the market. In Singapore where are the safeguards? You have PRs buying resale flats and cashing out and going back home when the timing is right. Who is left with the 25 year mortgage plus interest payment plus no more cash in CPF to retire?

That is right, i think there should be proper safeguard against sproperty speculation and not target the small time property investors. It is disgusting that the property speculators get away with flipping twenty properties with zero capital gain tax while the genuine long term investors with only one property for rental income are subject to high property tax. And many of these property speculators are foreigners.

Last edited:

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Giving all sorts of excuses when it comes to regulation. Why is it malaysia had the sense to restrict property sales to only the most expensive ones and we couldnt? Its screw the citizens i want my gdp growth at all costs

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, the foreigners in our midst have become bolder, more demanding, more insulting and rude, acting like a privileged class. And yes, many also make no qualms about how they feel about local Singaporeans, they feel they are a cut above us and they are here to make up for our alleged laziness and incompetency.

They have no qualms calling Singaporeans dogs and boasting they do jobs we can't or refuse to do. Notice the striking similarity to PAP propaganda. Who started calling Singaporeans dogs who pee in lifts? We all know the answer.

What is puzzling to me is why this sense of outrage is not more widespread. Surely people can see what is in plain sight. Maybe many are not talking because they think it is xenophobic to speak out?

The PAP government boh chap, what can sinkees do? Sinkees don't dare to take matters into their own hands lah.

If only we have enough Ah Bengs who are patriotic ...then these Ah Bengs will whack the brains out of the PATANs ...and when enough of those incidents happen, the PATANs will leave town in masses.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If Malaysia has "Malaysia Boleh", and Nike has "just do it", ours must surely be "Bend down - this is Singapore"

This must be the only country in the world that bends over backwards to accommodate the wimps and fancies of all foreigners. Not just Ang Mo tuakees but even the Indian, PRC and Filipinos are also now in the tuakee category.

We not only bend backwards but also forward and we seem to do it at the drop of the hat. I now waking up in the morning imagining our leaders bending repeatedly and offering themselves easily just to keep the GDP going.

Which dipstick came out with the policy to allow an entire family of foreigners to have PR except their NS aged sons. Which dipstick came up with the policy to give away our passport within 2 years and within 1 year for certain cases. Which dipstick came out with a white paper on population with no bearing on ground sentiments.

Scroo....... this is not a country....it is just part of a chain of city states across the world that helps the elite group of superrich to enslave and keep the rest of the world in their global domination.... we are just like London, New York Vantican City, and to a certain extent like Switzerland ......... see the similarities?

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
.. bringing in loads of Indian friends to litter, make noise, and generally behaving like they have owned the whole place, and having taken over the mini-supermart, inviting cronies like the State Bank of India to open ATMs when the Indians are still not a majority yet.

Even the Bangla working in my block has become bolder and starts bitching loudly about residents, something I have never seen or heard before...

If you see any ATM put up by an Indian bank in any part of SG, you know it is ah neh territory, liao. Go to Marine Parade. You can find an Indian bank there. Ah nehs from East Coast frequent Marine Parade.

Ah nehs also become bolder, arrogant, proud in sinkie land. Bolder to molest girls and women in broad day light. Arrogant to challenge sinkies any time and any where as if Sg belongs to India. Proud to claim they are needed in SG to run this country. Pappies, are you happy now?

Last edited:

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Giving all sorts of excuses when it comes to regulation. Why is it malaysia had the sense to restrict property sales to only the most expensive ones and we couldnt? Its screw the citizens i want my gdp growth at all costs

Is there any country in the world that sells Govt subsidized HDB flats to foreigners? I could not find one in the whole wide world.

Aren't these flats supposed to be built only for citizens? Why are these foreigners allowed to compete with citizens to buy such HDB flats?

The mystery is still not solved yet just like the disappearing MH370.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best deal a foreigner can get is the scholarship from AStar. Government pays for the foreigner to be educated from first degree to post grad in a top university. For that, foreigner needs to become sinkapore citizen after first degree and serve a six year bond. Isn't that a sweet deal? Only offered to foreigners, not to sinkee.

FTsh don't serve bonds; they just run off to USA or other countries and the MOE uses tax payers' money to chase after them. Throwing away good money to get back bad money. Shitty Govt with shitty ideas.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
.... What is puzzling to me is why this sense of outrage is not more widespread. Surely people can see what is in plain sight. Maybe many are not talking because they think it is xenophobic to speak out?

When sinkies are made to believe pappies are the only saviours of sinkie land, SG is screwed. Better to be xenophobic and save sinkie land than to do nothing and let FTsh screw sinkies.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

i think msia govt has really done a good job to curb speculation by targeting foreigners. Although we lugi as foreigners in msia, but that should be the way to do it - target foreigners and not locals in anti speculation measure!

valiant20

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Time for construction sites to play "Majulah Singapura" every morning, put a flag up and make all stand at attention... *Remind all that this is Singapore*..

Weird thing is.. schools here in Australia don't play their national anthem every morning.. hmm...

Last edited: