• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Proud or Disgusted - NTUC Fairprice is Bestest in South East Asia!!!

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Means what to an average Sinkie?

Means Cheaper to Shop in NTUC Fairprice or More Expensive?

Does the Average Sinkie Consumer want to pay for such additional costs for NTUC getting this Award by throwing money into rubbish innovation and technology to get this award.

Mustafa is never interested in such award and things are cheaper in Mustafa.

========================================

FairPrice 'most valuable retail brand in S-E Asia'

apr0914_ntuc_fairprice.jpg

Amelia Teng

The Straits Times

Saturday, Apr 12, 2014

SINGAPORE - Singapore supermarket chain NTUC FairPrice is South-east Asia's most valuable retail brand, a new report has found.

Global branding consultancy Interbrand placed FairPrice ahead of Indonesia's Matahari and Malaysia's Parkson department stores.

It examined 150 retail brands across four regions: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Latin America.

FairPrice came in sixth in the Asia-Pacific region, with an estimated brand value of US$1.52 billion (S$1.89 billion), but was the highest-ranked South-east Asian retail brand.

Australian supermarket chain Woolworths topped the Asia-Pacific list with a brand value of US$4.95 billion, a place ahead of Japanese retailer Uniqlo, worth US$4.16 billion.

Walmart is the most valuable retail brand in North America and across all four regions, with a brand value of US$131.877 billion.

FairPrice's strengths are that it "competes strongly on value" in a largely price-driven sector, the report said, and continues to strengthen its brand image through efforts such as an online video channel.

The chain's chief executive, Mr Seah Kian Peng, said yesterday that it will continue to "leverage our brand strength as well as look for more ways to harness technology to increase convenience for customers and improve productivity that can translate into cost savings and benefits for them".

FairPrice, Singapore's largest retailer, was set up by the labour movement in 1973 to moderate living costs in the country.

It now serves about 430,000 shoppers a day and has more than 120 outlets islandwide. It also has more than 160 convenience stores which serve at least 100,000 customers every day.

The Interbrand report said the retail chain tries to stay relevant by offering more convenient payment options and passing on savings from self-checkout counters and warehouse automation to its customers.

The annual report uses methodology that determines, in both customer and financial terms, the contribution of the brand to business results.

To be defined as a retailer, a brand must generate at least half of its sales revenue from its branded retail stores and websites.

[email protected]
- See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/news/fairprice-most-valuable-retail-brand-s-e-asia#sthash.e0MmaAZH.dpuf

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The typical Shitty Times BS spin on a pointless topic. From a global perspective, NTUC Fairprice means nothing. Anyway, I do my groceries at Cold Storage or Giant (which is owned by HK's Dairy Farm).

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Best brand value means shit when there is only 2 real players in the market, NTUC and Dairy Farm Group. Sheng siong is miniscule in comparison and Mustafa is only 1 outlet. Its a controlled market. Ofc they have the highest value

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Prices at NTUC is higher than most places....sad to say, notwithstanding i support the PAP.

What started as a cooperative to ensure Singaporeans have a cheaper supply of products has become a monopoly and dominance to dictate prices and margins to the detriment of the people.

Somehow...i feel that NTUC just like HdB has lost its way...insread of helping the people, they are more interested in Accolades and Awards....

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singapore supermarket chain NTUC FairPrice is South-east Asia's most valuable retail brand, a new report has found.

Dis ish build on top of grave of traditional chap huay diam...Provision shop can make moni so papies move in n wipeout all private own provision shop...n dey feel proud it? chiu kill everybody in de village...take all their moni and boast around being the most well off in town? Oh wait...chiu bastard hav got no dignity...pls cont to self fap...:wink::oIo:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FairPrice's strengths are that it "competes strongly on value" in a largely price-driven sector, the report said, and continues to strengthen its brand image through efforts such as an online video channel.

OK who actually knows they had an online video channel. Brand image building is useless if no one knows about the online video channel

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I look forward to the day i can use my LinkPoints from my retirement home in Perth. It'll be like a home away from home.

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OK who actually knows they had an online video channel. Brand image building is useless if no one knows about the online video channel

You can go ask senior citizens how many have viewed this online shit. Would consumers want to pay for such unnecessary costs incurred ? Yes? I doubt...

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Prices at NTUC is higher than most places....sad to say, notwithstanding i support the PAP.

What started as a cooperative to ensure Singaporeans have a cheaper supply of products has become a monopoly and dominance to dictate prices and margins to the detriment of the people.

Somehow...i feel that NTUC just like HdB has lost its way...insread of helping the people, they are more interested in Accolades and Awards....

Funny you support pap. but every pap policies you disagreed. Ahh..I know liao, you are like my m&d friend, support just becos you scare you lose your civil serpent job, or kena ban from buying hdb flat

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This is excellent news. I would like to congratulate Lim Swee Say, the top dog at NTUC, for this magnificent achievement.

He has shown utmost dedication and perseverance in his pursuit of excellence and has not allowed criticism of his methods to detract from the quest for top position. It is testimony to the fact that being deaf to naysayers is a desirable quality after all.

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
NTUC fairprice and NTUC INCOME begins their humble beginnings in helping the workers reasonable price products and insurance policys. Now many products sold at NTUC fairprice and motor insurance policys by NTUC Income are more expensives than competitors.

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP will self invent and bring focus to the people. NTUC must be skinned. NO STONES WILL BE LEFT UNTURNED.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
NTUC Fairprice is a dominant force which can manipulate prices of goods .... Even Competition Law Commission wouldn't dare to touch them...even if CCS does touch them, it will just be FOR SHOW...

KNNBNBCB

Alfrescian
Loyal
These type of good reports straits times and pap will acknowledge. Reports from reporters without borders and those saying our standard of living is highest they will say not counted.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember one time NTUC Fairprice tried to enter the China market. Returned to Singapore with its tail between its legs and a bleeding anus. :biggrin:

Big deal if you are a supermarket giant in your native country? UK has Sainsbury's, Thailand has Tesco Lotus. So?

Also, it was NTUC Fairprice which had made Savewell, Oriental Emporium and smaller provision shops go out of business through anti-competitive practices. That's not really something to brag about.

If only Sinkies were less of Linkpoint whores and boycott NTUC Fairprice.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think many people in JB. and some say in batam, never heard of NTUC. Buy they know phua chu kang.
So whose branding is better?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If only Sinkies were less of Linkpoint whores and boycott NTUC Fairprice.

Yes. Support your neighbourhood provision shop. If need things they dont carry, support Cold Storage.

Problem is, NT u c [u die] seems to have cornered all good locations. Kelong?