• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The greatest threat to SG

indig10

Alfrescian
Loyal
Local, "born-and-bred" Singaporeans.

We have yet to, and may likely never, have a large enough population of Singaporeans who can think and act differently to ensure the survival of the country for future generations.

As much as people want to assign blame to SG politics, there is the larger and more important issue about whether the majority of Singaporeans realize the dire straits we're in, caught up in the daily grind and aren't aware of how their inaction, ignorance, apathy or comfort zone actually threatens their children's and grandchildren's future.

For those who are placing bets on GE 2015/6 and the next, I hope they are not deluded into believing or hoping that things will become better. Because it will not. It's not about a personal sense of pessimism or cynicism, but about simple mathematics - the limited number of Singaporeans who can influence their immediate circle of family, friends and network.

Some may think that the crowds are getting larger at opposition-held events with each GE and this trend alone brings hope of more people voting against the ruling party. Some try to explain away the mental models: people want change but don't want to rock the boat too much; people don't want change because they are grateful for the transformational success over decades or still believe in the status quo; people want competence in the alternatives before changing; et cetera. Some consign change to a dichotomous either-or-no-in-between danger.

But many forget that GE crowds have been increasing in size since over 20 years ago, but the number of Singaporeans who vote status quo have not dipped proportionally or adequately to be meaningful. Aljunied is simply a small footnote of David against Goliath, much like Anson was 33 years ago. Stretch out the timeline long enough across the past four decades and I hope you'll understand how much longer over the next few decades it will take for any meaningful progress to result.

In a few decades, where will you be, in all existential sense? Or which columbarium will you occupy? What about your children and grandchildren?

A sad fact is that for all the well-travelled and educated heels of local Singaporeans, many are unable or unwilling to accept that we ourselves are the biggest threat to SG - not PRs, not the ruling party, not the other political parties, not regional or global threats as much as all these do impact the country. Many even remain status quo believing that we are doing good and well.

We are our own worst enemy without realizing it.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Your long essay can be summed up in one short sentence :

Sinkies deserve the PAP. :biggrin:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem is most sinkies are daft and stupid.they are only concerned with the small picture and the short term as in whether their rice bowl is secure and where is the next meal and whether they can pass their upcoming exams or secure that promotion.coming.as long as u satisfy this conditions they will not think further about big issues concerning society and nation as a whole or the future.their puny minds are not build in that capacity.

Don't believe the hype that sinkies have the highest test scores or IQ of 103.truth is we are only 1 step above animals.we are like trained monkeys and seals.

Last edited:

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your long essay can be summed up in one short sentence :

Sinkies deserve the PAP. :biggrin:

up your points!!! oh wait, youre leong sam. haha.

anway, the oppositions and WP already screw themselves hard when they broke up thei alliance. they'll never have the numbers to make up a full parliament at this rate.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP deteriorate since 1984. You must be a small 5 years old dick then.

PAP only held to power after 1989 using dirty GRC system. Even LKY was scared of losing his vote counts or even get 50% votes malu to himself.

When no one attended their GE rally is a smell of disasters. Did you go the any PAP rallies? I did in Clementi and at least I went, I passsed by after work and drop in to check things out.

Many times people want to crack the GRC in every GC since 1989 and only last GE LTK managed to get one which is the starting point. LTK is a brave heart of Singapore and he has a place in Singapore history.

Next M Palmer case and opp won the seat sealed the ward anf future of ways to vote out PAP gradually. There is no turning back. Expect more losses from PAP.

What you write is rubbish, FEAR only your own butt get fired, Kiasu and kiasi.

Move on.

Local, "born-and-bred" Singaporeans.

A sad fact is that for all the well-travelled and educated heels of local Singaporeans, many are unable or unwilling to accept that we ourselves are the biggest threat to SG - not PRs, not the ruling party, not the other political parties, not regional or global threats as much as all these do impact the country. Many even remain status quo believing that we are doing good and well.

We are our own worst enemy without realizing it.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are right to say that , "We are our own worst enemy without realizing it." The 60% had already destroyed SINgapore, by believing in people, that are morally corrupt, efficient but not proficient, in a leader that, is born with a titanium spoon in his mouth & is where he is, by virtue of his father & family.

I woud believe in LKY & his old team, who had placed their hearts & souls to bring up to where we are today, minus all the mistakes they made along the way..than one, that is a "headless" "chicken", made countless bad investments & decisions, security guffaws, infrastructures deterioration ...& had sold the SINgapore workers, making them world class workers to a status lower than the 3rd world workers that are let in, & is slowly but surely sliding the country into a very uncertain future.

We are own worst enemy, especially the 60%.....

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP deteriorate since 1984. You must be a small 5 years old dick then.

PAP only held to power after 1989 using dirty GRC system. Even LKY was scared of losing his vote counts or even get 50% votes malu to himself.

When no one attended their GE rally is a smell of disasters. Did you go the any PAP rallies? I did in Clementi and at least I went, I passsed by after work and drop in to check things out.

Many times people want to crack the GRC in every GC since 1989 and only last GE LTK managed to get one which is the starting point. LTK is a brave heart of Singapore and he has a place in Singapore history.

Next M Palmer case and opp won the seat sealed the ward anf future of ways to vote out PAP gradually. There is no turning back. Expect more losses from PAP.

What you write is rubbish, FEAR only your own butt get fired, Kiasu and kiasi.

Move on.

Who was the Finance minister at that time, when we went into a recession & what was the main cause of the recession....care to do a research??

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is my sincere hope for my children and my children's children and thereafter that we can have split between choices rather than having to support the PAP all my life...hope it will happen...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is my sincere hope for my children and my children's children and thereafter that we can have split between choices rather than having to support the PAP all my life...hope it will happen...

Sincerely, if PAP work for all of us, they are worth the support, but are they worth what they are & if they are not up to par....rather, we have choices, than to see our country, sliding into "hell"..

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are already many locals taking small steps to speak out against the pappies' dumb policies. After LKY stepped down, Woody took over but nothing changed.
Now, there are small changes but not enough. FTsh are still behaving like lords in sinkie land. Will there be major changes after LKY is gone? In reality, the threat to SG comes from internal subversion, not from sinkies' reluctance to press for changes.

Desire for change is inevitable in SG. Sick of having the pappies telling us what to do, keeping our CPF money, selling HDB flats to PR, etc.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
.... I woud believe in LKY & his old team, who had placed their hearts & souls to bring up to where we are today, minus all the mistakes they made along the way..than one, that is a "headless" "chicken", made countless bad investments & decisions, security guffaws, infrastructures deterioration ...& had sold the SINgapore workers, making them world class workers to a status lower than the 3rd world workers that are let in, & is slowly but surely sliding the country into a very uncertain future.

We are own worst enemy, especially the 60%.....

Don't worry, all sinkies will still get screwed by pappies with or without the 60% chao gong kia. Pappies already imported new shitizens to tekan local sinkies in GE2016. Gratitude vote. Sympathy vote for pappies is out of fashion now.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Desire for change is inevitable in SG. Sick of having the pappies telling us what to do, keeping our CPF money, selling HDB flats to PR, etc.

Speech starts @ 0:22 - It's not too late to seek a newer world.

[video=youtube;HSxnBRqulho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSxnBRqulho[/video]

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
up your points!!! oh wait, youre leong sam. haha.

anway, the oppositions and WP already screw themselves hard when they broke up thei alliance. they'll never have the numbers to make up a full parliament at this rate.

Uncle Sam forgot to complete his sentence .... sinkies deserve the PAP ... "quick downfall" :biggrin:

Last edited:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
when push comes to shoves

this is what they r capable of

sinkingship.png