• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Passport of Convenience

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro, now it resonates with what he said. I thought he was weaving a tale. But this was what he was describing.

He made it clear that it only the passport and nothing else. As far as he was concerned India was home and he worked in the US.

Its the Overseas Citizenship of India Scheme:

"In response to persistent demands for "dual citizenship" particularly from the Diaspora in North America and other developed countries and keeping in view the Government's deep commitment towards fulfilling the aspirations and expectations of Overseas Indians, the Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) Scheme was introduced by amending the Citizenship Act, 1955 in August 2005....A registered Overseas Citizen of India is granted multiple entry, multi purpose, life-long visa for visiting India, he/she is exempted from registration with Foreign Regional Registration Officer or Foreign Registration Officer for any length of stay in India, and is entitled to general 'parity with Non-Resident Indians in respect of all facilities available to them in economic, financial and educational fields except in matters relating to the acquisition of agricultural or plantation properties'".

http://moia.gov.in/services.aspx?id1=35&id=m3&idp=35&mainid=23

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Charlie, have been away and not close to this for sometime, so bear with me.

The letter needs to go to CMPB. The header should mention something like "dual citizen seeking deferment" or else it will go all over the place. The age has changed. At 13, apply to CMPB for exit permit and state that the family has migrated. They will want a copy of the migration stamp on the Singapore passport.

At16.5 yrs, have to register for NS first. If your email address when you applied for exit permit is valid, they will notify you. Again done by email and mail. They will then grant the kid deferment until age 21. At 21, then either serve NS or apply to renouce your citizenship. About 3 to 4 mths process. Also done remotely.

If the family provides contacts details especially the mailing address and email, all done very quickly including reminders and notification. No mail address, no Jalan on anything.

Know of families that have refused to furnish address out of fear and now their sons are barred forever. Then the idiotic parents fly in annually to meet relatives and eat local food.

Hello [scroobal],

Could you refresh me regarding a foreign born individual, whose parents applied for dual (SG) citizenship for him, and when does his parents have to write to MINDEF or CMPB to request for deferment for NS registration?

Is it when the male individual turns age 12, before age 13?

Where should the letter be sent?

Thank you.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
We take it for granted. I am told that there is no other country whose passport can beat Singapore for visa free entries.

This part affects me. I need to apply for entry/business visa for most Asian countries whereas my colleagues on Sg passport just check in with their air tickets and go.

Cheers!

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
A marvelous scheme indeed. There has to be some other reasons beyond our comprehension that explains why the indians have it good. It is not our place to question the motives of our leaders. They have it all sorted out. Just collect your goodies near the elections and praise the PAP in your sleep.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I once had a Taiwanese immigration officer trying to pry my passport photo with his fingernail. This was the old passport. When he could not, I asked him and he told that Singapore passport was known to have problems where illegal immigrants are concerned. And this is Taiwan.

High time to consider getting a fake S'pore passport?

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
We take it for granted. I am told that there is no other country whose passport can beat Singapore for visa free entries.

For me the test is whether you need a visa for Israel - up to the 1990s you still did but not anymore. A number of Malays take advantage of this fact, visit Al Aqsa mosque as part of the holy stations (after Mecca and Medina, Jerusalem is next). At one point the rumour was that if you had an Israeli stamp in your passport you could not enter a number of Arab countries and this is a major issue for those heading for Hajj. I know a few that have gone both ways without issue. I think even for Iran you can get visa on arrival as a Singkie. I know the family of the owner of mydessertcup in Raffles City had been active in supplying construction materials in Libya during Gaddafi's time - she lamented the fall obviously but they are still active there.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your insights, valuable.

I know of western countries that allow its citizens to have a second passport if they travel Israel often and also they can apply for a replacement even after one visit to get rid of the stamp.

Isreal of course has been encouraging dual citizenship and encouraging their people to give up their other passports. I won't be surprised if w e have Isreali citizens holding Singapore passport - first renouncing their own to get ours and then getting it back again. Isreal will never ever reveal if nationality of their own.

For me the test is whether you need a visa for Israel - up to the 1990s you still did but not anymore. A number of Malays take advantage of this fact, visit Al Aqsa mosque as part of the holy stations (after Mecca and Medina, Jerusalem is next). At one point the rumour was that if you had an Israeli stamp in your passport you could not enter a number of Arab countries and this is a major issue for those heading for Hajj. I know a few that have gone both ways without issue. I think even for Iran you can get visa on arrival as a Singkie. I know the family of the owner of mydessertcup in Raffles City had been active in supplying construction materials in Libya during Gaddafi's time - she lamented the fall obviously but they are still active there.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With a sinkee passport, the world is my oyster. Many even don't need a passport to get the oyster. What the hell are sinkees waiting for? Wait for GE 2021 or GE 2025 or GE 2030?

KopiO

Alfrescian
Loyal
Met an Indian chap whilst overseas and he told me that he holds a Singapore passport as it was covenant for travel. No visa for most countries and for job prospects. He also told me that there were many Indians who no longer in Singapore and have no intention of treating it as their home and they work in the US, UK, and in many countries.
Spot on! Especially with regards Eendians.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you [scroobal].

Our children were born in Toronto, and they have never lived in SG.

Charlie, have been away and not close to this for sometime, so bear with me.

The letter needs to go to CMPB. The header should mention something like "dual citizen seeking deferment" or else it will go all over the place. The age has changed. At 13, apply to CMPB for exit permit and state that the family has migrated. They will want a copy of the migration stamp on the Singapore passport.

At16.5 yrs, have to register for NS first. If your email address when you applied for exit permit is valid, they will notify you. Again done by email and mail. They will then grant the kid deferment until age 21. At 21, then either serve NS or apply to renouce your citizenship. About 3 to 4 mths process. Also done remotely.

If the family provides contacts details especially the mailing address and email, all done very quickly including reminders and notification. No mail address, no Jalan on anything.

Know of families that have refused to furnish address out of fear and now their sons are barred forever. Then the idiotic parents fly in annually to meet relatives and eat local food.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes, in the past (1980's), the SG govt. issue a separate passport for you to travel to Israel, and you return it to the govt. when you are back in SG.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking leeches and parasites!

And these are the people who ill-treats another human being with abandon, and when thrown out of the USA, the whole of India and govt not only ignored what she did but protested ever so loudly at being charged.

How to love them? Worse than cockroaches.

This guy told that many Indians apply for a 10 year multiple entry pass under some Foreign Indian Resident category to go into India like normal people. He told me Singapore is not their home just a passport provider and told me that it was going on for years.

Also told me that he rented his HDB flat to an Indian family.

My blood pressure began to rise at that stage. This guys got his passport some years back, moved to the US to work, travels yearly to India to be home and has no connection to Singapore except the HDB flat that he rents out.

I checked later and found that there is nothing the PAP can do after our whoring our passport, selling out subsidised HDB flat. WTF!

Last edited:

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
This was the stupidity of letting FT in in the first place. Allowing them to buy HDB flats is the work of that genius MBT. Very hard to find an MP more hated. When there were only Japnese, Angmoh and a small fraction of labourers there was no problem. Now its hard to find a month with a crime not involving a foreigner. These idiots are obviously capable of nothing. Its more a credit to the people further down the line that singapore is even standing, as many in civil service will know

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the suggestion, but this inconvenience is not troublesome. The travel agent normally takes care of the visa application, and some countries like Indonesia has VOA (visa on arrival) which takes less than twenty minutes standing in line at the airport arrival. I am not a fugitive nor an operative for some clandestine orgnanization, so I don't need to possess fake documents, besides, its not going to make me rich forthat kind of risk.

Cheers!

High time to consider getting a fake S'pore passport?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Singapore has excellent relations with other countries and her citizens are not trouble makers. I think all countries welcome Singaporean visitors. It is a good passport to hold.

Cheers!