• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Passport of Convenience

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I felt sorry for the Ambassador when he resorted to providing soft drinks and snacks at the guardhouse so that more Police cars would visit.

Our Foreign policy fell flat when we tried to broker talks between China and Taiwan. I think then we realised that we should stick to Cambodia kind of scenario where we were the lead in resolving the issue with Vietnam and Cambodia plus the oral family and Pol Pots wife and faction.

Good to know we don't have a powerful Jewish lobby within govt ranks that skews our foreign policy in favour of Israel unlike in the united States.

Our ft policy is a true washout and betrayal of nation. I pity our fresh grads who enter life with such a disadvantage

AungSanSuShi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember a time when then Isreali Govt made man attempts to have their embassy within a GLC or Stat Board building for security reason but all those were thwarted by our Govt by claiming that other commercial tenants have tendered a better deal. Poor fellows kept applying.
The same little bird tells me that your intelligence is partially correct. The Israelis only wanted to have their consular office with a GLC or Stat Board building. As you already know, an embassy does not only have the consular department. There ARE other departments as well. Moreover do you REALLY think our GLC and Stat Board buildings are safe from 9/11-style attacks? Think about it, my dear friend.

Last edited:

AungSanSuShi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our Foreign policy fell flat when we tried to broker talks between China and Taiwan. I think then we realised that we should stick to Cambodia kind of scenario where we were the lead in resolving the issue with Vietnam and Cambodia plus the oral family and Pol Pots wife and faction.
My memory is fading past as I approach 65 years of age.... Who was the Chinese leader who told LKY in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS to fcuk off when it comes to political affairs involving mainland China and Taiwan? I was very surprised to learn that about two or three months ago some clown-Ministar of Sinkapore again tried to have the China-Taiwan talks held in Sinkapore. In another incident, LHL tried to persuade Daw Suu Kyi in vain to adopt Sinkapore's political system.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good to know we don't have a powerful Jewish lobby within govt ranks that skews our foreign policy in favour of Israel unlike in the united States.

Our ft policy is a true washout and betrayal of nation. I pity our fresh grads who enter life with such a disadvantage

We have a powerful Ah Neh lobby in the cabinet. That's why India got such a sweet deal on the FTA.

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
after reading thru, i felt the unfairness here in my own country where i was bred and brought up. i seriously think they give good jobs to foreigners and taxi driving for s'poreans. no wonder i was told there is a long queue at central police station where the smart sinkies get security clearance for their PR.

as you all know, like i mentioned, how i was mistreated by lky's cronies, it's not a myth or something made up nor it's my mental thing. i know if these cronies want to whack you, depending on your status, i am a noise polluter and i am not a CSJ or Francis seow but certainly if i manage to speak to them one day, they will know what i am talking about.

pap really need to be booted out, we need democratic government and not crony cock suckers who abuse their power.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For me, it's not how long, it's how many pages. I in and out of Malaysia, in no time my pages run out so fast.

Should give me more pages, not more good years.
Get Mac for frequent traveller to malaysia. Cost Rm30.
No need for stamp. Scan as though in sinkieland.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard that the Indian new citizens who joined the PAP are dying to be involved in high level politics. I won't be surprised if they have formed a faction to get a share of the pie. Already you can see them on the net being more porlumpar than our local porlumpars.

We have a powerful Ah Neh lobby in the cabinet. That's why India got such a sweet deal on the FTA.

AungSanSuShi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard that the Indian new citizens who joined the PAP are dying to be involved in high level politics. I won't be surprised if they have formed a faction to get a share of the pie. Already you can see them on the net being more porlumpar than our local porlumpars.
This is what we have been waiting for so long to see it happen. It is so exciting, don't you think? The next few general elections will involve naturalized citizens of Indian origin on the one hand, and new citizens of Chinese origin on the other who will fight for power and influence. We hope that besides fighting for political power and influence, they will also forward whatever intelligence (market, political, scientific) and local scientific discoveries back to their countries of birth. LHL and his current cabinet ministars will have their hands full. And in the midst of political squabbling, Ho Jinx and relatives will think of ways to squirrel out more funds from Temasick to their shell companies in BVI, Caymans, Mauritius, Malta, Seychelles, etc... The very thought of all this happening just makes me wish I could live forever.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal

isnt high level politics an oxymoron here? we have bureaucrats and ex military clowns. We do not have any real politicians. LTK is the only one I can think of. His suicide squad was marvelous. I was there and i have never seen pinkie gone so green lol

extramarital

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I do the same thing.... my Singapore passport for Asia. My OZ passport for NZ and OZ.

You forgot to mention that you use your OZ passport to enter USA, Canada, UK and Schengen countries in Europe.
Ang Moh passport to enter Western countries and Sinkie passport to enter Asian countries.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Ah Nehs think that with 5 Indian ministers in cabinet, they will get the help to get in like how the Ah Nehs in the banks do.
We have traitors in the cabinet.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My memory is fading past as I approach 65 years of age.... Who was the Chinese leader who told LKY in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS to fcuk off when it comes to political affairs involving mainland China and Taiwan? I was very surprised to learn that about two or three months ago some clown-Ministar of Sinkapore again tried to have the China-Taiwan talks held in Sinkapore. In another incident, LHL tried to persuade Daw Suu Kyi in vain to adopt Sinkapore's political system.

yeah LHL trying to tell her ren ming and to accept a Fascist-Crony Capitalist State

.....lucky she showed him the finger...... that lady has that real pair he lacked..........

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Ah Nehs think that with 5 Indian ministers in cabinet, they will get the help to get in like how the Ah Nehs in the banks do.
We have traitors in the cabinet.

simple lor.....just check whether the mamas in cabinet got many properties back in India u will know the truth liao lor.....

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if I wanted to I cannot - can't afford it. For previous citizens or PRs who have renounced that status and want it reinstated, the policy requires that CPF plus interest be returned. I spend it all and don't have that amount to return. Looks like the two-and-a-half years I invested in national service is not considered but the savings I took from CPF is the criteria.

Cheers!

Would you give up your Canadian passport for Sinkapore's?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even if I wanted to I cannot - can't afford it. For previous citizens or PRs who have renounced that status and want it reinstated, the policy requires that CPF plus interest be returned. I spend it all and don't have that amount to return. Looks like the two-and-a-half years I invested in national service is not considered but the savings I took from CPF is the criteria.

Cheers!
You are one lucky basket! Cheers! Even if can also die die don't surrender maple leaf for shit.:smile:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cheers!

Which city in Canada?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lucky to a certain extent - I was born and grew up in a time of peace. I do not hate any particular race or nationality. Not wealthy, but education and job opportunities were available, parents are financially comfortable. We have to discipline our behaviour and be responsible for our actions. Just trying to maintain my health and be able to work till my dying day. Meanwhile, appreciate the world around me.

Cheers!

You are one lucky basket! Cheers! Even if can also die die don't surrender maple leaf for shit.:smile:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last place I lived there was City of Markham, just a stone's throw north of Toronto. Lots of immigrants live there. Sold my house to a Shanghainese.

Cheers!

It is the Town of Markham, NE of Toronto, just a little further than Scarborough (which has been part of Toronto since the amalgamation of Scarborough, Etobicoke and North York with Toronto).

There are many recent immigrants, including a high percentage of Hong Kong Chinese and Chinese, who chose to live there. I believe there are one or two shopping malls there where the older residents can get by without using a word of English.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I moved to Markham because I got a job in Scarborough. The two Chinese malls are Pacific Mall and First Markham Place. Also there are plenty of Chinese operated shops, restaurants and cafes around. It is a very Chinese oriented neighbourhood. Even the banks and car dealerships' employees are geared to target the Chinese. Cantonese is the main language and is quickly giving in to Mandarin. In a number of open spaces, it is not unusual to see groups of Asians practicing Tai Chi. No complains, we can buy a whole roast duck for sixteen bucks!

Cheers!

......... I believe there are one or two shopping malls there where the older residents can get by without using a word of English.