• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The GE is imminent

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
... but the ground is still bitter, not sweet. Generally, GE is called after a Minister has checked the horoscope and said "the ground is sweet."

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Plus, the pioneer package is rolling out soon too.. maybe to "appease" the older generation and try to quell the "noise" about their CPF.. I heard alot of elderly complained that their CPF is "stuck"! One man even said in Hokkien (at a coffeeshop) "medisave zor siami? wo a bo kia, bo lang zhao gor wa.. cpf eh lui mai heng wa.. ann juaa leh? jin jialat ah zek eh zeng hu.. jiak lui eh"

And I'm thinking.. with that 6.9million still burning in a lot of ppl's memory, I doubt ehy want to wait till 2016 to make the GE happen.
Seriously, I really hope something "fantastic" derails their efforts to "appease" the older generation, for I heard a lot of them are really unhappy with the way life is going.. with prices going up all around them.. and the only jobs available to them are cleaners and road-sweepers(maybe even not.. for FTs).. they are really hard-pressed to make a decent living to stay alive.

These kopi tiam ah peks do read the news about Tony giving away millions to pinoy land and yet, their CPF money is stuck. This kind of news really made them angry and you can often hear their outbursts in all public places.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These kopi tiam ah peks do read the news about Tony giving away millions to pinoy land and yet, their CPF money is stuck. This kind of news really made them angry and you can often hear their outbursts in all public places.

Agree.

For ordinary Ah Peks in their 50s, a hundred over thousand to them is a lot of money which can be used to finance their childrens'tertiary education as well as to look after their elderly parents.

This is infuriating to say the least !! :mad:

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many of the old voters might feel that way about LKY but I doubt they like LHL especially since they now know that they can't touch their CPF.

Many old voters might have fond memories of LKY for what he did in the old days but since he is seldom on TV or the news media, they will soon forget him. Out of sight, out of mind? The old generation usually blames LHL for all their current problems.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
About the ground not being sweet...i think its not going to get any sweeter...with the mrt n getting more crowded n lack of mata etc...the more they delay the worse it gets. About old fart dying n getting sympathy votes...i dont think it matters to the next gen...the sympathy vote base will shrink.. But all in all its up to the singkies to vote them out. Tat is if they r not kia su, kia see, kia bor, kiam siup n die dont want face...

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree.

For ordinary Ah Peks in their 50s, a hundred over thousand to them is a lot of money which can be used to finance their childrens'tertiary education as well as to look after their elderly parents.

There are ah peks and uncles who need money badly for their daily expenses but where to find it? They have money in CPF but could not draw more monthly than allowed by pappies. They lamented that their children did not give them enough or their children were unhappy to give them more.

Many of these ah peks and uncles would usually condemn and curse the pappies about CPF matter. Listen to their woes and you feel the pappies are really dumb.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree.

Indon and PRC meimeis also waiting for their CPF $.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
GE will likely be held after NDP 2015( I guess it going to be announced on NDR 2015) Govt has put in a lot of effort gearing towards this grand finale of 50th years independent celebrations. LHL took a personal interests in the propaganda effort towards this by making a few unannounced visits to Mediacorpse to get updated with their progress.

But assuming if the ground is so bitter that NDP failed to alter the ground sentiment, there might be a possibility that the gov would want to push back GE till after Budget 2016 when they get one more shot by giving out more goodies.

Last edited:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
GE will likely be held after NDP 2015( I guess it going to be announced on NDR 2015) Govt has put in a lot of effort gearing towards this grand finale of 50th years independent celebrations. LHL took a personal interests in the propaganda effort towards this by making a few unannounced visits to Mediacorpse to get updated with their progress.

But assuming if the ground is so bitter that NDP failed to alter the ground sentiment, there might be a possibility that the gov would want to push back GE till after Budget 2016 when they get one more shot by giving out more goodies.

They r getting their troops ready. They can call anytime from now till end 2016. Anytime the wind blowing in their favour, they will 'cheong'!!

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
on the bus coming back from jb, a senior citizen seated next to me complained about the fare increase.

he then remarked: pap will not get my vote in the next election.

Election will be likely end of this year because PAPAYA knows that their popularity is
declining like waterfall, if 2016 they knows they'll be voted OUT!! why this year
they used the $8billion dollar carrot to entice voters but don't be fooled, they will taken triple
this amount!!

There 's no free lunch with this mathematician PM! You can never beat him in maths!!

Give $1.00 take back $100.00 otherwise how to get million dollar salary?? right??
He thou that we the people are all DUMB ass!! and he's the only smart alec around!!

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe the PAPies are seriously doing damage control nowadays. They now have the Pioneer Generation Package, reducing greatly the queue for first-time HDB buyers, giving tempting rebates to lower HDB prices (eg: S$10,000 for a subsidized 2-room flat, although how many of such flats are offered is not being told), releasing more COEs in the coming months to at least defer any potential increase to the COE prices, etc. In view of all the above and also the impending up lorry of the old man in the near future (which will be a disadvantage to them), I predict that a GE may be called in 2015 at the latest.

The oppositions are going to have a very tough fight with all the above goodies thrown in at the moment and especially Sinkies are always very short-sighted. Sadly, should the PAPies wins the next GE convincingly, their bad deeds and mismanagement will be back again.

1900031_720754377957552_143482002_n.jpg

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many are guessing when the next GE will be held. Given that this govt is only entering its fourth year in office, many are expecting the GE to be in 2015 earliest. There has been no precedence for the PAP to hold another GE anytime so early.

There have been signs that the govt is finalizing all the administrative matters for the next GE. The electoral roll has been compiled and finalized. A lot of goodies have been rolled out and a few more to complete the giveaways. The PAP MPs and ministers have been busy doing their walkabouts. Some bad policies have been moderated and some nice and humbling comments have appeared in the main media. Two things are waiting to happen before the game is set, the redrawing of precincts and the rolling out of new candidates.

http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.sg/...ign=Feed:+MySingaporeNews+(My+Singapore+News)

Every passing day another person encounters something that makes him swear he is going to vote against the incumbent. I doubt they will want to let too much time go by.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Old farts idea. The clowns won't dare make Such decision without old fart approval. Old fart will feel better to see pappies in control before he go surrender ic. This type of thing, scholars won't understand one. Crooks and ah beng know best.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

let's see... the training facilitators get trained, then the other groups of election officials get called up to undergo training by these group of facilitators... GMS posted in FB claiming GE within 6 months, you believe?