• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The GE is imminent

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do see a sign.. that ass-doctor that tried for PE-BE just announced that he is "ready for next GE".. if that's not a sign that it is happening soon.. then.. I don't know what is.

Plus, the pioneer package is rolling out soon too.. maybe to "appease" the older generation and try to quell the "noise" about their CPF.. I heard alot of elderly complained that their CPF is "stuck"! One man even said in Hokkien (at a coffeeshop) "medisave zor siami? wo a bo kia, bo lang zhao gor wa.. cpf eh lui mai heng wa.. ann juaa leh? jin jialat ah zek eh zeng hu.. jiak lui eh"

And I'm thinking.. with that 6.9million still burning in a lot of ppl's memory, I doubt ehy want to wait till 2016 to make the GE happen.
Seriously, I really hope something "fantastic" derails their efforts to "appease" the older generation, for I heard a lot of them are really unhappy with the way life is going.. with prices going up all around them.. and the only jobs available to them are cleaners and road-sweepers(maybe even not.. for FTs).. they are really hard-pressed to make a decent living to stay alive.

Last edited:

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you forgot to add: when the old man dies...

All primed up to milk maximum sympathy during his funeral and the big bullshit propaganda blitz after that for the pap......

Predictable shit.......

Anyone knows whether he's still breathing on his own?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHL want to leave early. Or call to leave early.

Old man will commit suicide if all fail.

Many are guessing when the next GE will be held. Given that this govt is only entering its fourth year in office, many are expecting the GE to be in 2015 earliest. There has been no precedence for the PAP to hold another GE anytime so early.

There have been signs that the govt is finalizing all the administrative matters for the next GE. The electoral roll has been compiled and finalized. A lot of goodies have been rolled out and a few more to complete the giveaways. The PAP MPs and ministers have been busy doing their walkabouts. Some bad policies have been moderated and some nice and humbling comments have appeared in the main media. Two things are waiting to happen before the game is set, the redrawing of precincts and the rolling out of new candidates.

http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.sg/...ign=Feed:+MySingaporeNews+(My+Singapore+News)

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pinky doesn't seems to be in the pink of health recently. The most recent appearances shows like face green green. Usually 154 shitty times will choose the best pics for publication.

Oops! Seat warmer boy scout paper general might have a seat warmer to warm his seat.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pinky has enough be a puppet for his old man. He is getting fed up and want to leave early. His health and no stamina for a 62 y.o man is enough to leave parliament for good.

Pinky doesn't seems to be in the pink of health recently. The most recent appearances shows like face green green. Usually 154 shitty times will choose the best pics for publication.

Oops! Seat warmer boy scout paper general might have a seat warmer to warm his seat.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell him/her don't talk cock take it or leave it, other countries every year increase fare only in sintapore we make profits less than the fare increased what wrong? If my porfolio don't makes money I have no bonus do you guy understand.

on the bus coming back from jb, a senior citizen seated next to me complained about the fare increase.

he then remarked: pap will not get my vote in the next election.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who is major shareholder in our transport?
Who paid to build transport infrastructure?
Who is paying for extra buses into the system?
Sighhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe the PAPies are seriously doing damage control nowadays. They now have the Pioneer Generation Package, reducing greatly the queue for first-time HDB buyers, giving tempting rebates to lower HDB prices (eg: S$10,000 for a subsidized 2-room flat, although how many of such flats are offered is not being told), releasing more COEs in the coming months to at least defer any potential increase to the COE prices, etc. In view of all the above and also the impending up lorry of the old man in the near future (which will be a disadvantage to them), I predict that a GE may be called in 2015 at the latest.

The oppositions are going to have a very tough fight with all the above goodies thrown in at the moment and especially Sinkies are always very short-sighted. Sadly, should the PAPies wins the next GE convincingly, their bad deeds and mismanagement will be back again.

KNNBNBCB

Alfrescian
Loyal
My gut feel it's GE will be in 2015 when Singapore is celebrating our 50th national day. Pap will try to make use of the feel Good factor.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes! a possible GE2015 and if PAP starts to introduce their new faces formally....70% sure

Aug 9, 2015 - the day when we will celebrate a landmark date of 50 years ago; when LKY
lead Spore out of Malaysia....we will see the drama when LKY walks into the new stadium..

It may also be a landmark day for LKY to announce his retirement...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
majority of the sympathy votes would come from the young gong kias... jiao kia mmn zai elastik

The older generation have screwed things up. I don't think the younger generation will make the same mistake as they should know better.

You will of course have those who are connected who are doing really well. However there are many more who are struggling. Each day they are reminded of the realities they face:
Remember that it is the younger generation who are losing out: can't afford a car, a home, facing competition from the FT the PAP has brought in,..

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The older generation have screwed things up. I don't think the younger generation will make the same mistake as they should know better.

You will of course have those who are connected who are doing really well. However there are many more who are struggling. Each day they are reminded of the realities they face:
Remember that it is the younger generation who are losing out: can't afford a car, a home, facing competition from the FT the PAP has brought in,..

It is a question of losing our trust !!:mad:

Give us back all OUR hard-earned CPF money at age 55 as per past practice !!:mad:

Damn it ! For us ordinary citizens, It is OUR blood and sweat money from years of toiling !!:mad:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
the baby boomers to be exact.

But the X and Y generations have the best time of their life when they are born from baby to university. Everything is laid down for them on a silver plate.

If anything they suffer today is about time.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I worry about the greedy ones. Throw some freebies to them and they forget everything. Not realising that for every dollar given, they take back at least $50 down the road.