• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The End Has Started -8 employers, 2 employment agents charged for false declare

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: The End Has Started -8 employers, 2 employment agents charged for false declar

http://www.tremeritus.com/2014/04/12/employers-agents-charged-for-falsely-declaring-41-fts-salaries/

MOM currently investigating other similar false declaration cases involving 256 foreigners hired by 93 employers

Ganeshsk:
April 13, 2014 at 10:11 am (Quote)
The situation as come about because so me silly scholar at MOM came up wi the idea that in ordered to get
the right candidate lets raise the bar. What to they expect Developed countries drawing high salaries to fill the gaps.

In fact there is no crime or cash back because that is a private arrangement. The salary is declared, actually paid, SDL computed( GOVT benefits), than the employee in is private capacity returns the overpaid amount.

Personal Taxes are paid by he employer on behalf employee during tax filing season.

To the employee he is own country because he wont get equivalent amount in his own what he actually own country( based on what he actually receives). So the Singaporeans like you and me don’t enjoy this exchange parity. So this is the sad situation in this expensive city in the world. They enjoy
levies, good income so they are equally responsible. Of course if the govt take action on every tom dick and harry, everybody loose.

The game has been played for so many years. Only the policing has been stepped up now Another revenue generation thru fines.Meanwhile just play the game, just don’t get caught has to be the mantra.

My two cents worth.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: The End Has Started -8 employers, 2 employment agents charged for false declar

If they are serious about preventing the abuse it is very simple. Just make it a caning offense.

Last time if you hired an illegal the penalty could be caning for those who did the hiring, I used to work for a company that would have hired illegals except that no one wanted to be caned. That's what the GM told me:biggrin:

All FTsh should be caned for making mockery of the laws, misbehaving in SG or committing any indictable offences. Cane them and deport them. Guaranteed all FTsh will be quai quai and no more quai lan in SG.

Last edited:

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

MOM should dig into all those big recruitment agencies such as Randstad.
They are the ones who employed so many FTs as "human resource consultant" which in turn keep bringing in all those ah nehs, PRCs and Pinoys.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal

It need thieves to catch the thieves.

davetan3

Alfrescian
Loyal

Will we complain if a US company uses legal loopholes to employ us?
Pay us a salary but deduct for our housing ....