• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Insurance question

Hawkeye1819

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you serious? how much you have to pay for premium???

Most of my coverage is from term policies, so I don't spend a large percentage of my income on them. Depending on your age, if you are healthy with no history of chronic illness, and also non-smoker, you can get this kind of coverage for just $300-$400 per month (or maybe a little more if you are above 45 years old).

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
do you all think it's worthwhile to keep the living life policy?

I also have and wonder is it worthwhile, am not sure but heard that they only pay when the cancer has reached the higher stage, probably can terminate when the time is right.

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dun have any independent, if i have, i'd have insured for 1 million at all costs...:o

i seriously think that healthcare should be made free for all.

If you die, you dont need the money, so it depends on whether $150K or $100K is enough for yr dependents. If you dont die, make sure you have got good Supremeshield to pay for hosp bills.

Last edited:

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
3 things to cover: Term for death, blindness, loss of limbs etc and TPD. Critical Illness and Early-Stage Critical Illness. With the types of processed food we eat everyday these critical illnesses, best be covered. Getting the early-stage coz most critical illness policies only payout when your illness reach latter stages, but people need to get monetary support during early stages where one can't work but expenses still have to be paid. Better start getting covered young.

After buying all three, get medishield, those which can cover 100% of hospitalisation and surgery bills. My wife needed surgery twice so far and both times were 100% reimbursed, having her surgery at Mount E. I was so relieved i bought this. The only policy which i deem not necessary/not as pressing is the personal accident policy, unless your job is of high-risk nature.

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
sometimes, i think if i hold a canadian or ausie passport, i will not think about these things.