• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP New Lambs For Ajunied...

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro,
you also hail from AJ-GRC? or you've been drinking a lot of kopi around my kampong lately?

I think Aljunied GRC voters will understand the need to split. I do. No venture no gain. I say go for it. It's WP's brand name that carries the votes. Not an individual WP chap.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think Aljunied GRC voters will understand the need to split. I do. No venture no gain. I say go for it. It's WP's brand name that carries the votes. Not an individual WP chap.

I agree. WP is riding high and must be brave. Split Aljunied Team and go for East Coast, Tampines, Marine Parade and Punggol Pasir Ris.

WP, by being brave will galvanise Singaporeans, get the votes and accelerate the demise of the pap.

In fact, I think LTK shd send a credible team to kick out LHL. That move is not reckless, but is calculated to go for the jugular and kill the pap. For a move like that, I believe Singaporeans will swing very much in favour of the WP

Destiny favours the brave

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If WP contest in AMK,,,Pinky will say cannot afford to lose him as PM etc etc and singkies sure will fall for it one,,,,

I agree. WP is riding high and must be brave. Split Aljunied Team and go for East Coast, Tampines, Marine Parade and Punggol Pasir Ris.

WP, by being brave will galvanise Singaporeans, get the votes and accelerate the demise of the pap.

In fact, I think LTK shd send a credible team to kick out LHL. That move is not reckless, but is calculated to go for the jugular and kill the pap. For a move like that, I believe Singaporeans will swing very much in favour of the WP

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

WP cant handle so many GRCs. SBF must assist. Surely, with all the talent in this forum, we can send in a team to annihilate Pinky and company.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP cant handle so many GRCs. SBF must assist. Surely, with all the talent in this forum, we can send in a team to annihilate Pinky and company.

not only must LHL not get a walkover, he must be made to sweat against a credible WP team

WP has the best brand now (even better than pap) and with a good team, lhl will sweat.

Maybe lhl will get a relapse to avoid an electoral humiliation

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not only must LHL not get a walkover, he must be made to sweat against a credible WP team

WP has the best brand now (even better than pap) and with a good team, lhl will sweat.

Maybe lhl will get a relapse to avoid an electoral humiliation

A decent team will get 40% against Pinky. Wont lose deposit for sure. 2 elections ago, unknowns attained 30 plus percent. Not too flattering for a PM.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I really hope what you say is true,,,but history has taught us that it highly wont happen,,even if there is a WP A Team,,singaporeans are too kia see, kia su, kia bor, kiam siup and die dont want face to lose the Dragon Princess,,,,

you have over-rated LHL's popularity and standing with AMK residents

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal

CST used that strategy in 2011 but he paid a heavy price!!! Not not he lost his Potong Pasir stronghold but also failed to get a foothold in Bishan-TP GRC.

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal

CST used that strategy in 2011 but he paid a heavy price!!! Not not he lost his Potong Pasir stronghold but also failed to get a foothold in Bishan-TP GRC.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A decent team will get 40% against Pinky. Wont lose deposit for sure. 2 elections ago, unknowns attained 30 plus percent. Not too flattering for a PM.

the 30% was basically all the hardcore opposition votes and nothing else. it is said AMK GRC absorbed some strong opposition districts last GE. considering the circumstances. the result was not too bad and should be acceptable to the PAP.

if our forummers like LTB, nutbush and .......... form a team and contest against PM AMK. they will also get at least 25% votes. i think so. :biggrin:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

he had to leave his fiefdom and conquers new territory for his party. the Potong Pasir defeat was a very disappointing result for the opposition. the PAP suffered a 6% nationwide negative swing to the opposition but Potong Pasir suffered a reverse from the nationwide trend.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Samleong is pro-PAP. In fact, he will be the star candidate for the PAP. Samleong will lead a team of Sun Ho, Kong Hee and Tin Pei Ling.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

LTK did the same. End result was great. In the case of CST, I suspect Lina was the weak link that caused the upset.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,
you also hail from AJ-GRC? or you've been drinking a lot of kopi around my kampong lately?

No to both. Looking at the numbers,if we think EC GRC is within WP striking range, AJ GRC is also within PAP reach since the scoreline is almost the same. People who thinks otherwise are just lying to themselves.

Logic dictate that we need to protect our own turf first before thinking about taking more ground. I therefore think splitting A' team into 2 teams is a lousy idea. Moreover politics here is about how well u can connect with the voters. This is especially so when we have compulsory voting. It means even the votes of the political ignorant is a force to be reckoned with. To them, they are just choosing a kampong chief and not govt. U need candidates to work on the ground to reach out to this group and not about sending in some big names to impress them. A candidate with normal credential could have his days against a A* candidates as PEBE had shown. It just depend on whether how well poeple relate to u as a person.

Last edited:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
LTK did the same. End result was great. In the case of CST, I suspect Lina was the weak link that caused the upset.

Different. SL and her team spent 3 night every week knocking doors for 5 years. People grow familiar with her whereas CST didn't do mUch groundwork. Moreover CST health was a major concern with the voters. Other than these, questions was also raise about his leadership