• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TKL tulan with LTA on $68mil bus info system

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was very angry when I read the news that the Land Transport Authority (LTA) has awarded a tender of $68 million for an intelligent bus management system. Link. The benefit to consumers is described in this sentence, “ With more accurate bus arrival information, commuters can better plan their journeys and travel options.”

Actually I have the same feeling when I read that but did not want to blog about it. Well, since Kin Lian is talking about it, might as well put in my 2c worth. One thing, $68m is just a bigger peanut. In this obscenely rich city, everything is about a few hundred millions or in billions. So what is $68m? Just add a few cents hike to the fare and it would be paid by the commuters. What is so big deal?

Incidentally I checked my MRT fare yesterday and found that it has gone up by 3c for my daily trip. I am going to check on this to confirm that there is an increase and to find out when it happened and why it was not announced. I need to confirm this evening with the machine. Anyone notice the increase as well? Please check and see if it is true.

The bus management system is not going to cost only $68m. You would need http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.sg/2014/04/tan-kin-lian-angry-with-lta-spending.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+MySingaporeNews+(My+Singapore+News)

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone translate please. :biggrin:

Seriously though, what was his 2 cents worth? Or did he use it to pay for the increase so it got left out of the blog?

And as for the fare increase, I thought every man and his dog knew!

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is nothing you can do about it. Accept the increase and get on with your life. Do we have a choice to take other modes of public transport? It is just another screw from pappies. All sinkies are immune and soon, it will be forgotten. Sinkies have very short memory. Those 60% still voted for pappies even though they were also screwed.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is nothing you can do about it. Accept the increase and get on with your life. Do we have a choice to take other modes of public transport? It is just another screw from pappies. All sinkies are immune and soon, it will be forgotten. Sinkies have very short memory. Those 60% still voted for pappies even though they were also screwed.

60.1% of sinkies is concrete proof that rape is enjoyable for victims.

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the same run-it-like-a-corporation syndrome that is the root cause of many of our today's problems. The only thing the Pappies know is to throw good money after the bad. And it IS OUR MONEY!

Bloody bastards should have done that right from the get go. I have yet to come across an integrated transport info system that optimises one's travel combining both SBS and SMRT networks. If you use SBS IRIS system, it only tells you how to travel solely by SBS buses and trains; if you use SMRT system, the same using only SMRT buses and trains. You may laugh to find out that SBS will recommend a route that takes you 2 hrs instead of possibly 1 by combining the best of the two. They work in total silos because the coffers are different.

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What the people want is not to know what time the next next bus or train is coming! What they want is a efficient and reliable transport system!
Fuck all pappies' Mother Phua Chee Bye!
:oIo::kma:

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
10151268_683174391743896_3580335828338372115_n.jpg

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone translate please. :biggrin:

Seriously though, what was his 2 cents worth? Or did he use it to pay for the increase so it got left out of the blog?

And as for the fare increase, I thought every man and his dog knew!

What do u expect from our mathematician PM now magician, LTA CEO who was
army General buddies, they gave discount one cent to Seniors they took 3 cents back from you all!!

And they said they care for the Seniors!! MRT chiak lioa bee general CEO only know how to
increase fare what else do they know beside holding their rifle??

scoobydoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do u expect from our mathematician PM now magician, LTA CEO who was
army General buddies, they gave discount one cent to Seniors they took 3 cents back from you all!!

And they said they care for the Seniors!! MRT chiak lioa bee general CEO only know how to
increase fare what else do they know beside holding their rifle??

errr....they will reply :: Public Transport Council approve what?