• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Tax relief] Foreigner PMET having a whopping good time here...

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
[Tax relief] Foreigner PMET having a whopping good time here...

The Straits Times, Published on Apr 10, 2014: My Point
Query on tax relief for foreigners
I HEARD from a foreigner working here that he can claim qualifying child relief or handicapped child relief even though his children are not Singaporeans or Singapore permanent residents, and are not even staying here.
I was baffled as I thought the tax relief was only for children in Singapore.
If a foreigner can claim relief of $4,000 for each child not staying in Singapore, shouldn't a Singaporean be able to claim more, since his children are living here and expenses would be incurred in bringing them up here?
I hope the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore can clarify the matter.
Ivan Goh
- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/forum-letters/story/my-point-20140410

Papsmearer said:
Singapore Cow:
2%20cows.jpg
(IMG URL)
You have 2 cows in a sleepy fishing village
The 2 cows produce more and more milk every year
Farmer Lee comes along and exhorts the cows to produce even more milk
Farmer Lee takes all the milk from the by now half dead cows
Farmer Lee abandons original exhausted cows and imports foreign cows for new milking.
blindswordsman said:
Re: source (SBY): What is the Singapore Cow?
Actually, the farmers squeezed the 2 cows for milk until they became rebellious and refused to be milked. How to get more milk? The farmer then got a brilliant idea. Why not bring in more foreign cows and feed them cheap weeds and get more milk. The rest is history.

Last edited:

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Child relief is given to all tax residents

No additional benefit to Sinkies (citizens) for qualifying child relief. Foreigners benefit more if their child resides in a lower cost of living country/ who falsely declare their child's age/ include dead children. Those with more than one wive(s) also benefit (more dependents/ more kids)...
==============

The Straits Times, Published on Apr 14, 2014
My Point
Child relief is given to all tax residents
WE thank Mr Ivan Goh for his feedback ("Query on tax relief for foreigners"; last Thursday).
The Qualifying Child Relief is a broad-based relief given to all tax residents for income tax purposes.
For parents of Singaporean children, there are additional measures such as Working Mother's Child Relief, Parenthood Tax Rebate, Baby Bonus and child care subsidies, which are given to encourage parenthood and support family formation.
Walter Lim
Director (Corporate Communications)
Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore
http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/forum-letters/story/my-point-20140414

Last edited:

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Child relief is given to all tax residents

The pappy feigned ignorance and blamed locals for not having children when its their policies that favour foreigners (such as this) that
is the main cause.