• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can one buy a company car using private plate?

pachinko

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was informed that there are no 'Q' plates anymore and a company car pays the normal private plate charges but one can claim expenses under the company . Is this true?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was informed that there are no 'Q' plates anymore and a company car pays the normal private plate charges but one can claim expenses under the company . Is this true?

Yes. You can also claim transport expenses for non-company cars.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Check out with LTA's website; whiLe they have done away with Q pLates..but since repLaced them with weekend's BBQ pLates instead..:wink:

aerobwala

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Expenses incurred directly or in the form of reimbursement on using private hire cars or private cars (E, Q or S-plate cars). Examples: repair, maintenance, parking fees, petrol costs

These expenses are not deductible even if the private cars were used for business purposes."

see here http://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/page04.aspx?id=1592

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is owned by the company so of course you can claim as company expenses . However, for tax purposes, it will be non-deductible.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This arrangement already be going on for decades....even for big companies as Q plated cars lost favour.
But Q plate cars still around....see a rare few on the roads.

KNNBNBCB

Alfrescian
Loyal
This arrangement already be going on for decades....even for big companies as Q plated cars lost favour.
But Q plate cars still around....see a rare few on the roads.

Seen this specific Q plate first time more than 10 years ago. Then recently see it again. Same plate but different car. Once see can never forget because the number is so special.

Q 11 D (wonder belongs to who)