• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

When Cisco officers cannot communicate in simple English

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Teen fishing at Bedok Reservoir could have been warned more diplomatically: Certis Cisco

<cite class="byline vcard" style="color: rgb(125, 125, 125); font-style: normal; font-size: 12px; font-family: Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif; vertical-align: middle; line-height: 2.2em; display: inline-block !important;">

</cite>

• Yahoo Newsroom - Certis Cisco Singapore says that an incident involving two officers and a teen fishing at a non-designated area in Bedok Reservoir could have been better managed in a more “professional …more

“Our Protection Officers are assigned to look out for people who engage in inappropriate use of the premise including fishing and endangering their lives. The 16 year old boy has been warned on several occasions not to fish in non-designated fishing areas,” the company said in a statement to Yahoo Singapore on Wednesday.

The explanation came a day after a three minute 44 second clip of the incident was posted on local commentary blog The Real Singapore, stirring debate.

In a post titled ‘2 Cisco officers abusing their authority and harassing me while I was fishing’, the teenager tells how he had felt harassed when being approached by two officers prohibiting him from fishing at that spot.

He said, “I am a regular fisherman and I know the spot I am in is perfectly legal and they asked me not to move my belongings to the area I am fishing…They said that they will look after my belongings, but why do I need 2 CISCO officers to look after my things? Why can't I move my belongings? I suspect these 2 people want to steal my things… .”

The teenager also highlighted the officers’ poor language, “They seem to be lacking Basic English communication skills and I can’t even understand them well. If they can’t even communicate in simple English then how are they supposed to do their job?”

The video has garnered over 2,000 shares since it was published on social media.

The post sparked a debate among readers, with many slamming the young fisherman for complaining about the incident and using “poor communication” to reprimand the officers. Others supported the boy, blaming the officers for “gangster” behavior.

Facebook user Lionel Boey said, “They [officers] handled the situation poorly and perhaps could not express themselves well. However it seems that the boy is trying to undermine his act of fishing at an area where it’s prohibited by using ‘poor communication’ as a cover and worse, being a repeat offender.”

Another user Teo Siew Eng also commented on the post, in which the boy also plead for a complaint to be lodged against the officers, saying, “If you think you have a case against the officer then why can’t you complain to their respective authority rather than asking us to complain on behalf of you. We will not be your scapegoat….”

A Jack Lee, Robin Fwd and a Nelson Sng were among the commenters who said that
the officers behaved like “gangsters”.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this is not under their jurisdiction the half pass six so called officer should
fcuk off, can't even speak proper English yet want to abuse his authority!!

These 2 half pass six officers must be from mudland! you know our Cisco
has been hiring mudland to be their officers!! And also Fcuking parking wardens
after mid night, you can see them at Upper Serangoon rd try to catch & penalised
motorists who stop to buy durian!!

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
CISCO guys poor in English?
A few months ago I found a wallet containing some money, among other things. I took it to a police station. A sergeant who attended to me, typed out a lost and found report and gave me a copy. Hilarious piece of writing!!! Wonder how they passed their English?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
simi cisco... part timers from JB lah. pay as bad as those at fast food rest. only adv is free meals during work hours. and if you hang on a bit longer, you gert to tapau home as well. cheaper by the dozen.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find this funny and it reminds me of a time when I was stopped by an ROV traffic police on a motorbike who said I was "yaya" for wearing riding boots and motorcycle gloves. I suppose he would agree that cha kiat was proper motorcycle footwear.

Cheers!

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
notice the m&ds that can spiak abit of england? always got extra "s".
as for those that become mata or cisco, they adopt the mentality that they boleh tembak dunia kalau ada senapang (shoot the world) and walk with a swagger like django. for the ahnehs, give them a promotion and they can't handle the new found status and start pushing their weight around.
the chinks look for every opportunity to enrich themselves, given half the chance:p

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Teen fishing at Bedok Reservoir could have been warned more diplomatically: Certis Cisco

<cite class="byline vcard" style="color: rgb(125, 125, 125); font-style: normal; font-size: 12px; font-family: Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif; vertical-align: middle; line-height: 2.2em; display: inline-block !important;">

</cite>

• Yahoo Newsroom - Certis Cisco Singapore says that an incident involving two officers and a teen fishing at a non-designated area in Bedok Reservoir could have been better managed in a more “professional …more

the officers behaved like “gangsters”.

this fellow keleng or what

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
CISCO guys poor in English?
A few months ago I found a wallet containing some money, among other things. I took it to a police station. A sergeant who attended to me, typed out a lost and found report and gave me a copy. Hilarious piece of writing!!! Wonder how they passed their English?

Not that I am a policeman or I work for the police, but it seems common of people to complain and mock the language skills of the policemen.
When asked "Why not you go and be a policeman? Then we will not see such 'hilarious writings' anymore", they retort "Siao ah! I become policeman for fxxx".

Keyboard warriors, I rest my case.

Similar to those people/parents who complain teachers this one no good, that one don't know how to teach children, etc...
When asked why not you go and be a teacher - try and do a better job than them? They will insist you are crazy to tell them to take up such a "degrading job with such little prospects/pay".

The irony...

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most of the Cisco guys wanted to be a Police Officer when young but their limited qualifications ruled them out..

They then ended up in Cisco and thats where you find clowns like these 2 aplenty inside that organisation..

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most of the Cisco guys wanted to be a Police Officer when young but their limited qualifications ruled them out..

They then ended up in Cisco and thats where you find clowns like these 2 aplenty inside that organisation..

These type of mata very easy gai guat one. Those difficult to cham xiong ones are the cinas scholar type. That type more headache. m&d and keklings like sio tam and some moments of yaya, this one can give. Cina matas more difficult to use this tactic.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah, so fierce.........but the CISCO officer got it wrong. It is not against the law not to have the I/C with you.
Ask him to go check the penal code.........

That's why I always say.......our policemen do not know the law, that's why they usually use their own grandfather's laws and expect respect at the same time........what a waste of tax-payer's money......

But I can say the same for most Singaporeans........they're ignorant of the laws and that's why both the police and the average Singaporean always use their own grandfather's bullshit to challenge each other.

Both also fucking wrong.

Dracula

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is the minimum Quali to become a CISCO officer? PSLE? Can't even interact with simple English.

Last edited:

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
should just fence up
ALL the reservoir, then nobody can fish, nobody compllain. in the case of bedok, that place attracts a lot of bangladads and ah neh. better to close down the whole place before it attracts a riot!!!

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not that I am a policeman or I work for the police, but it seems common of people to complain and mock the language skills of the policemen.
When asked "Why not you go and be a policeman? Then we will not see such 'hilarious writings' anymore", they retort "Siao ah! I become policeman for fxxx".

The irony...

FYI, police personnel are now supposedly better educated and paid much better than their predecessors. I am reliably told that only diploma holders can become sergeants. So when their written English sucks, I am at a loss for words on our education system.

Your suggestion that those who criticize policemen should join the police force is akin to asking those complain about the bad driving of bus drivers to become bus drivers!

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
FYI, police personnel are now supposedly better educated and paid much better than their predecessors. I am reliably told that only diploma holders can become sergeants. So when their written English sucks, I am at a loss for words on our education system.

Your suggestion that those who criticize policemen should join the police force is akin to asking those complain about the bad driving of bus drivers to become bus drivers!

Sure, then you could start and organize some night classes to help bring up the level of written English among our police force?
Or will you help to lobby for more funding (as a citizen, you could write to your MP) to be dedicated to the police force to bring up their level of written English?
Can? Or is it a big waste of your time?

If it's a waste of your time, then you complain, yet do nothing, err... so what would you like to see happen here?
That things "suddenly" change for the better with no cause and effect?

Don't get me wrong, it's nothing personal. Just that I find that it's funny when people complain, but refuse to do anything to improve the situation.
Then they keep on coming back and complaining about the situation every few weeks. It just gets tiring to hear that, you know?

Last edited: