• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

City Harvest trial: No case against church leaders

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dont mind if the church goers allow themselves to be swindled again and again

but i mind when these 2 and their cronies get richer and richer! :oIo:

5LJDLj9.jpg

SINGAPORE - The trial against City Harvest founder Kong Hee and five others accused of misusing church funds resumed on Tuesday morning, with two defence lawyers claiming that the prosecution had not done enough to prove there was a case against their clients.

Mr Edwin Tong, representing Kong, said that the prosecution was asking the court to "draw inferences of conspiracy on facts which are completely innocuous".

For example, even though Kong was the founder of City Harvest and had started the Crossover Project - which used secular music created by his wife, singer Ho Yeow Sun, to evangelise - these were non-controversial facts known to church members, the lawyer said.

Mr Tong also pointed out - as the defence lawyers had done in an earlier part of the trial - that the church did not suffer any financial losses, and all of the City Harvest funds went into furthering the Crossover Project.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...r-lawyers-argue-20140408#sthash.F72q1iy0.dpuf

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cityharkongh080414e_2x.jpg

Look at those sisters of CHC in the background giving support to their beloved pastor. :biggrin:

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
apart from moral and financial support, i wonder what other forms of support those sisters offer :rolleyes:

magical

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wat i dun like abt the PAP is their no u-turn policy. Singapore is a small country with only few millions people, those pariahs at the ministry will prosecute you even for small matters, sporeans are being prosecuted every day. Only a small minority have a clean record. Iras, ipto, lta and ica had prosecuted at least millions of sporeans. They just will not reason with you.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wtf is this? MP and Prosecutors are under civil servants pay checks and conflict of interest is so obvious.

What the hell is going on in PAP government. Sad.

i dont mind if the church goers allow themselves to be swindled again and again

SINGAPORE - The trial against City Harvest founder Kong Hee and five others accused of misusing church funds resumed on Tuesday morning, with two defence lawyers claiming that the prosecution had not done enough to prove there was a case against their clients.

Mr Edwin Tong, representing Kong, said that the prosecution was asking the court to "draw inferences of conspiracy on facts which are completely innocuous".

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
And don't forget that Boss Sam is ever ready to testify and pledge till his last dollar that his beloved Sun Ho has done nothing wrong.

Last edited:

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP in a dilemma
If AGC wins, they get to lose thousands votes and put Edwin in a bad spot
If defendants win, they can boast about Edwin in the next election
Not forgetting all the kangaroos are kept in control be the zoo keeper

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Kong Hee Fatt Choy can get away with this $50million dollar cheat
than our SG judicial system needs to go for a detox!!

Fooking hell if he is Arab country now both Kong Fatt Choy and Horse Face Ho
will buried to the ground and public will throw stones on the fcuk face until death!!~!!

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
TS is misleading everybody. Original caption was "..No case against church leaders, lawyers argue". Case not ruled yet. Of cos, their lawyers will argue that lah...otw why pay them?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of this Bible verse can save them

Mat 6:33 Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these thing shall be give to you ... (That is justice)

apart from moral and financial support, i wonder what other forms of support those sisters offer :rolleyes: