• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

St John's Island & Lazarus Island

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once in a while used to head down to St John's Island for some peace and tranquility. Nice colonial bungalows, dirt cheap rent. Good for kakis to gather for Black Jack, Gin Rummy etc. Booze, Books and lots of fishing. Supper time - nice big pot of real chinese style chicken curry with french loaf. Following night satay bought in bulk from Tanjong Katong Road with lots of gravy provided.

Lots of history as well. Devan Nair first state funded stay was not at the Istana but at St John's Island. Old man used to visit his clients there. Quarantine station for our forefathers. Later leprosy centre from migrants, then Vietnamese Boat People repatriation centre and then DRC.

Lazarus Island which is next to it used to have a lively kampung.

Anyone recently visited the Island. Please don't tell the Ang Mos have taken over.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I heard St John's taken over by AVA to open fish farms.
Good memories of school camps there....
Sad to say never been to Lazarus island.....or sisters' islands next to St. John.

Let me count the islands I've been too....

Sentosa
Brani
Jurong
Kusu
Bukom
Ubin
Tekong
Pawai
Palawan
Coney

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come you got into the restricted Islands - Pawai and Palawan. Sister Islands small temple used by bumboats. Heavy currents between the 2 sisters. Lazarus. One big long hill with beacon on top and the small kampung. Most of the folks also had HDB flats in Tebans Gardens due to resettlement.

Coney Island had a lot of water skiing and private pleasure craft activities then.

Bukom of old had the best Condo facilities for Refinery senior executives including bowling alley. Good food in canteen.

Tekong and Ubin, bike trails, . Well water was very cool for a bath in the hot weather.

Sentosa
Brani
Jurong
Kusu
Bukom
Ubin
Tekong
Pawai
Palawan
Coney

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kusu island is the best. Can go there and pray to the Chinese and Malay (not Muslim) deities.

Then you get a yellow string bracelet and wear it for good luck.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once you have a kid you won't have time to be romantic. Unless you want to outsourced it to the maids.

kids are not meant to be raised by others.

i will make sure my spouse gets my best attention.

raising kids and being romantic are not mutually exclusive. they can be achieved together

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
St John island has a beacon transmitter installed for airplanes ILS turning into Changi airport. Be careful if one day one of the planes drop death on the island.

Once in a while used to head down to St John's Island for some peace and tranquility. Nice colonial bungalows, dirt cheap rent. Good for kakis to gather for Black Jack, Gin Rummy etc. Booze, Books and lots of fishing. Supper time - nice big pot of real chinese style chicken curry with french loaf. Following night satay bought in bulk from Tanjong Katong Road with lots of gravy provided.

Lots of history as well. Devan Nair first state funded stay was not at the Istana but at St John's Island. Old man used to visit his clients there. Quarantine station for our forefathers. Later leprosy centre from migrants, then Vietnamese Boat People repatriation centre and then DRC.

Lazarus Island which is next to it used to have a lively kampung.

Anyone recently visited the Island. Please don't tell the Ang Mos have taken over.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha...romance is not just abt making babies.

obviously you are not a romeo . neither are you a romantic

Aiyah! What fucking romance?

Can he fuck hard and fuck long and fuck good?

If he cannot , spend a night with me and you want to spend your days and nights with me after that.
And if you fuck well, I will even oblige you a few more days and nights

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Caught many good sized fishes at the waters off St John Island before...

When I came back from a job trip recently, saw further reclamation works at Tekong.. One Island I must mention is the Pulau Viola a tiny island besides Pulau Senang.. It has a thriving marine life.. On a lucky day, you would be able to see dolphins swimming in the waters there..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wonder which Bros here stiLL rem the Likes of:
1. PuLau Sajahat Besar/KechiL..where we used to go Oyster sheLLing..:wink:
2. PuLau Tekong Besar/KechiL..before they were recLaimed as One PuLau Tekong today.
3. PuLau Retan Laut..nearest isLand off Pasir Panjang; where iKan BiLis abounds.
4. PuLau TekuKOr..or otherwise known as the Leprosy isLand.
5. PuLau MerLimau/ PuLau Damar Laut/PuLau Merbau..before they were recLaimed to form up
as part of the current Jurong IsLands now.
6. Lazarus isLand.. i happened to have this previLedge to have been to the HiLL top to do soiL
sampLing then.Save for the cats & dogs; there was not much human forms..:cool:
7. PuLau Pisang..remembered we had to hauL some 12 x 24 voLts heavy-duty Car batteries from the base up to
to the top of the Lighthouse; prior to setting up a Base Transponder station there ! ! :eek:

Last edited: