• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Compare your monthly utilities bill

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
My home's monthly bill is about $170 total for electricity, water and rubbish throwing fees without gas. I use induction stove that is said to costs less compared to gas stove.

I found out the fridge uses the most power at $40 to $50 a month. I use energy saving lightbulbs for the toilets. I saw that the electricity for the flat screen TV only costs $18 a years for 5 hours of use a day as advertised on a sticker that came with the TV.

I think my $170 is the lowest any decent flat can go.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... I found out the fridge uses the most power at $40 to $50 a month. I use energy saving lightbulbs for the toilets. I saw that the electricity for the flat screen TV only costs $18 a years for 5 hours of use a day as advertised on a sticker that came with the TV ...
dun haf air-con n water heater, ah? ...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You live alone?

Mine is about $50 a month....I have spilt air cond, a fridge, computers...etc...throw out your fridge if it is consuming more that amount of elect...go get the cards from Stink power, do your reading & compare...cancel your GIRO payment...they will estimate to your death at the highest average & you always end up paying more, even after adjusting...& mind you, they collect 3 mths of averages...before they adjust your billl & by then, tariff would have gone up & they will adjust...so, CANCEL GIRO...

I do not think the fridge is consuming that much... I have an oven, a toaster, a rice cooker...a LED TV etc... a washer, like I had mentioned a split aircond....we learn to be prudent in our usage...the bill comes to around $50 a mth..even in hot months using the air cond....with air cond..maybe $10 more...

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
I found out the fridge uses the most power at $40 to $50 a month.

wah... what kind of atas fridge you have, eat so much electricity?

When I stayed in my 5room flat (4 pax) we had the following things running:
24x7:
- Fridge
- 2 x computers
- 1 x fan

Used often but not switched on 24/7:
- Lights (at night - maybe 3 to 5 hours continuous)
- Gas cooker hob (my wife is a stay at home mom - so we cooked all our meals at home, hardly eat out, perhaps once in 2 weeks)
- electric cooker hood
- Water heater (hot water for kitchen tap, and showers - 4 pax x at least 1 shower a day)
- rice cooker
- microwave oven (this one quite popular - every now and then heat up something)
- TV (29" CRT at the time, have not bought LED yet)
- standing electric fans x 3 (a few hours a day)
- 2 x laptops (a few hours a day, constantly charging)

Seldom use (maybe a few hours per week)
- air conditioner
- various electrical appliances, toys, rechargeable batteries

Our entire PUB bill average about $130-150. Never gone beyond $170 at the highest extreme. Never go below $110 at lowest.

I don't think the fridge can consume $40-50 of electricity, even if you try hard.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think you live alone and don't stay home much, because $50 is very little compared to mine.

I think you should practice some discipline & check, what is consuming so much electricity & cut down the usage...for starters, heaters, micro wave ovens, electrical ovens , induction cooker, water boiler, hair dryers...and so forth...air conditioners...ahhh...vacuum cleaners..DVD/Blu Ray Players plus your home theater.audiophile system?? etc..

Whether I live a lone or not..." I shall only tell you once"..so read carefully....I have mentioned, go get the self check cards from Stinkpower & check the usuage & CANCEL YOUR GIRO...

Last edited:

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think the fridge can consume $40-50 of electricity, even if you try hard.

The $40 to $50 is based on estimate I saw from the energy saving stickers at Best Denki. The energy saving fridges were listed to use about $480 to over $500 a year so that means $40 to $50 a month.

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mine is about $50 a month....I have spilt air cond, a fridge, computers...etc...throw out your fridge if it is consuming more that amount of elect...go get the cards from Stink power, do your reading & compare...cancel your GIRO payment...they will estimate to your death at the highest average & you always end up paying more, even after adjusting...& mind you, they collect 3 mths of averages...before they adjust your billl & by then, tariff would have gone up & they will adjust...so, CANCEL GIRO...

I do not think the fridge is consuming that much... I have an oven, a toaster, a rice cooker...a LED TV etc... a washer, like I had mentioned a split aircond....we learn to be prudent in our usage...the bill comes to around $50 a mth..even in hot months using the air cond....with air cond..maybe $10 more...

hmm... I was using the POSB credit card thingie to pay. In fact, this was the only payment I used a automatic deduction for - because they had a 1 or 2% rebate if using the card, if I recall correctly.