• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM Lee and Mdm Ho drink tea, eat keropok and lick ice cream in Bangsar, KL today

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
06 April 2014| last updated at 11:44PM
Sizzling hot ginger tea, crispy keropok lekor, S'pore PM's choice for tea

KUALA LUMPUR: The Singapore prime minister and his wife were spoilt for choice when they wanted to have tea after taking a stroll at the Bangsar Village shopping centre this evening.

However, it did not take long for Lee Hsien Loong and wife, Ho Ching, to make up their mind.

They settled for sizzling hot ginger tea and crispy 'keropok lekor' (traditional fish snack) at the Chawan Cafe, a restaurant famous for its local delicacies, in Jalan Telawai 3.

After tea, Lee and wife left for their hotel at 6.30pm.

Earlier, the Singapore prime minister's arrival at the shopping centre was welcomed by Bangsar Sdn Bhd head of operations David Wong, and this caught many shoppers by surprise.

Many took the opportunity to pose for photographs with Lee who exuded warmth as he obliged their requests.

Prior to this, Lee, wearing a casual pink shirt and Ho Ching spent time visiting the renowned Bukit Bintang shopping malls, including the Pavillion.

While walking along that shopping district, the couple took a break to have 'Turkish ice cream', bought from a Turkish ice cream stall, 'A la Turka' at a walkway in front of the Farenheit shopping mall.

The ice cream stall's managing director, Samet Aksoz, from Turkey, who at first did not recognise the Singaporean prime minister, was awe-struck when he realised who it was.

"It is truly a big thing for me to be able to serve (ice-cream) him," he said.

Lee, who is in Kuala Lumpur on a two-day working visit to attend the Fifth Malaysia-Singapore Leaders Retreat, had also walked about 500 metres from the Pavilion shopping mall to the Lot 10 shopping mall.

At the Pavilion mall, Lee was met upon arrival by its director of marketing, Kung Suan Ai, who gave a short briefing on the mall, while taking the Singapore premier on a tour of the mall.

Tonight, Lee and wife attended an official dinner hosted by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak in Putrajaya.

Tomorrow, Lee is scheduled to attend a meeting with Najib in the Prime Minister's Office in Putrajaya before leaving for home.

According to a Wisma Putra statement, the retreat is a platform for the leaders of both countries to take stock of their bilateral co-operation. - BERNAMA

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come where he goes he seemed to be mobbed. This is a family for 50 years when they had the votes in the hat in previous elections did not seem the need to mingle with common folks. Must be a new strategy to show that he is in touch with the people.

I won't be surprised that in 2015, he would be doing the rounds of our Singapore Shopping Malls allowing the hoi polloi to take photos and selfies with him. Man of the people.!

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
good choice of tea. i would encourage the esteemed pm and his wife to add a slice of lemon to the tea. and some local honey. the combo is both anti-allergen and alkaline, very good for the stomach and health. and of course, this following 500 squats. :biggrin:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How come where he goes he seemed to be mobbed. This is a family for 50 years when they had the votes in the hat in previous elections did not seem the need to mingle with common folks. Must be a new strategy to show that he is in touch with the people.

I won't be surprised that in 2015, he would be doing the rounds of our Singapore Shopping Malls allowing the hoi polloi to take photos and selfies with him. Man of the people.!

Note that he is only "mobbed" when he's overseas by thousands of loving fans

We really don't appreciate what a wonderful PM we have here.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
good choice of tea. i would encourage the esteemed pm and his wife to add a slice of lemon to the tea. and some local honey. the combo is both anti-allergen and alkaline, very good for the stomach and health. and of course, this following 500 squats. :biggrin:

Teh alia add lemon? You want them to laosai ah?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

New strategy needed after recent losses. Dont be surprise next GE he throws in some 'normal' grads instead of the usual scholarly and professional chaps. He must be curious how and why Ah Lian and Ah Huat won.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PM would also be a popular attraction in any gay carnival parades..

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

After a good time at Bangsar, this was the moment the PM dread most... Back in their hotel room with Ho Jinx waiting to inflict further physical and mental torture to his already tired body..

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You might be right. My usual lobangs have gone dry. I suspect that the list is carefully guarded. They also conscious not to fuck-up as they did with Kate Spade and Union Cheekopeh who had to be withdrawn.

New strategy needed after recent losses. Dont be surprise next GE he throws in some 'normal' grads instead of the usual scholarly and professional chaps. He must be curious how and why Ah Lian and Ah Huat won.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Add leather, whip, ...............

After a good time at Bangsar, this was the moment the PM dread most... Back in their hotel room with Ho Jinx waiting to inflict further physical and mental torture to his already tired body..

jw5

Loyal
Easy now, no need to overcompensate.......................... :wink:

LOL ............................. LOL

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Planted people. This is the same reason why there's even a crowd at most PAP rallies.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This fucking couple so rich, why don't they buy the whole shop ice cream? Make the Turk happy and also the other customers. That should be better PR. I wonder if those pimps at Bukit Bintang mistook Whore Jinx for a man and ask her to patronize their girls?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Planted people. This is the same reason why there's even a crowd at most PAP rallies.

Was there recently at Bangsar Village whatever....with a friend, at the same place having my meal, if I happen to be there & "mer siam mai hum" turn up with his " great investor"....I will just walk off...will spoil my meal & ambience.

I have bumped into Dr. M at Suria KLCC before at Isetan....he was doing his usual walk around, there was no "mob".... you gotta believe all the shits the local media throw out & the 60% as usual will be "panting"...like a dog over this news.

:rolleyes: