• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysia bans Noah film as "un-Islamic

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Malaysia has joined other Islamic countries in banning the Hollywood biblical epic "Noah" starring Russell Crowe, decrying it as irreligious and saying it violates Islamic law against depicting prophets.

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia has joined other Islamic countries in banning the Hollywood biblical epic "Noah" starring Russell Crowe, decrying it as irreligious and saying it violates Islamic law against depicting prophets.

A home ministry official Saturday confirmed that Paramount's latest big budget film, which has sparked an outcry among Muslim groups worldwide, will not be screened in predominantly Muslim Malaysia.

The film has already angered some Christian institutions in the United States over Crowe's reportedly unconventional portrayal of Noah, who is regarded as an important figure in both Christianity and Islam.

Malaysia's home ministry's Film Censorship Board unit chairman Abdul Halim Abdul Hamid said a decision to ban the Noah film was made about two weeks ago.

"Yes, I can confirm that it has been banned by the board, the movie can cause quite a lot of anger and distress if it is shown in Malaysia," he was quoted as saying by The Malay Mail Online.

Abdul Halim said the main reason for the ban was the portrayal of Noah by Crowe, since Islam forbids visual depictions of any prophet.

Muslims make up 60 per cent of multi-ethnic Malaysia's 30 million population, while Christians account for about nine per cent.

Neighbouring Indonesia, Egypt and United Arab Emirates have banned the film because of scenes they say contradict Islam.

Malaysia has censored other movies on religious grounds in the past, including Brokeback Mountain and The Passion of the Christ.

It has also occasionally pulled the plug on shows by foreign -- usually Western -- artists out of fear of angering conservative Muslims.

Conservatives cry foul over concerts by Western artists whom they accuse of promoting promiscuity, corrupting young people or offending religious sensitivities.

- AFP/nd

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/entertainment/malaysia-bans-noah-film/1059528.html

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the reason why?

Galations 1:6-10

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:
14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.
15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:
17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.
18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.
19 But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.
20 Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not.
21 Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia;
22 And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ:
23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.
24 And they glorified God in me.

There are 2 Gospels? One is hearsay and one is from the apostles.

Paul's Christians are venomous people, cursing at others see verse 9.

Hearsay one is from Paul spend 3 years kaypoh here and there hearsay to find the story of Jesus.

Malaysia has joined other Islamic countries in banning the Hollywood biblical epic "Noah" starring Russell Crowe, decrying it as irreligious and saying it violates Islamic law against depicting prophets.

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia has joined other Islamic countries in banning the Hollywood biblical epic "Noah" starring Russell Crowe, decrying it as irreligious and saying it violates Islamic law against depicting prophets.

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Among other films banned is zoolander and miss piggy, babe. The list just gets even more ridiculous all the time.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
sustainable and live by economy.

Angmoh unstable progressive countries create layers after layers of problems. Where is MH370 now? IS it NOT Boeing Angmoh big boys toy?

WW2 was an aviation technology warfare aerial bombing. If WW2 continued for another 3 more months it is jet engine technology warfare replacing propeller engine. Another unsustainable technology. FORD fixing otherwise repair daily.

Talk about a country that is going backwards....

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Islam is a humble religion only for own use and consumption.

It is only the Romans, bloody Italians, which corrupt the Judea scriptures. Cant find any new God for their own Roman people, use other peoples God for their own use. So hard up for God use Jesus as their God.

Italians cant find any thing better to do, why not use Shiva as their God or Chink tua pek kong, and Buddha. Must always have God and not accept prophets and teachers. Shameless Romans and the Europeans.

Another reason why Islam is a fucked up religion. We should ban it from earth.

Last edited:

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both are retards. Man walked on the moon. Where is heaven? Where is god? I can easily tell you where are the modern day cavemen though

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is only the Romans, bloody Italians, which corrupt the Judea scriptures. Cant find any new God for their own Roman people, use other peoples God for their own use. So hard up for God use Jesus as their God.

Italians cant find any thing better to do, why not use Shiva as their God or Chink tua pek kong, and Buddha. Must always have God and not accept prophets and teachers. Shameless Romans and the Europeans.

The romans were desperate to unite their divided empire. History proved subscription to one God is a powerful unification and conquering factor. Before Islam, the Arabic peninsula was divided with beliefs in many Gods. With the aide of Islamic one God, the various Arabic tribes were united as one and the arabs eventually conquered the almighty Persians. The problems we are facing today are attributed to today believers holding the ancient scriptures too rigidly and as absolute truth.

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
As an "Islamic society" they can do whatever they wish to abide with Islam. For those in Malaysia who wish to watch the movie, they can always comes to Singapore to watch it.

BTW, I just watched the movie last night and it was a very ordinary movie. Nothing exceptional, spectacular or controversial about it. Just a movie about a biblical character, and the task his god assigned to him.

Cheers!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The truth of the monotheistic Abrahamic religions is simply this:

By their day of worship you shall know their true god.

Friday = Islam = Venus worship
Saturday = Judaism = Saturn worship
Sunday = Christianity = Sun worship

The signs and symbols are everywhere, only the blind do not see.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
BAB word is very sensitive. More ban more people want to know. More people will buy prirated DICS.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Loads of bullshits! Islam is the only religion that demand everyone else to respect their rules or else get killed and they really do kill. Only idiots will think otherwise.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

A home ministry official Saturday confirmed that Paramount's latest big budget film, which has sparked an outcry among Muslim groups worldwide, will not be screened in predominantly Muslim Malaysia.

The film has already angered some Christian institutions in the United States over Crowe's reportedly unconventional portrayal of Noah, who is regarded as an important figure in both Christianity and Islam.

Malaysia's home ministry's Film Censorship Board unit chairman Abdul Halim Abdul Hamid said a decision to ban the Noah film was made about two weeks ago.

"Yes, I can confirm that it has been banned by the board, the movie can cause quite a lot of anger and distress if it is shown in Malaysia," he was quoted as saying by The Malay Mail Online.

Abdul Halim said the main reason for the ban was the portrayal of Noah by Crowe, since Islam forbids visual depictions of any prophet.

Muslims make up 60 per cent of multi-ethnic Malaysia's 30 million population, while Christians account for about nine per cent.

Neighbouring Indonesia, Egypt and United Arab Emirates have banned the film because of scenes they say contradict Islam.

Malaysia has censored other movies on religious grounds in the past, including Brokeback Mountain and The Passion of the Christ.

It has also occasionally pulled the plug on shows by foreign -- usually Western -- artists out of fear of angering conservative Muslims.

Conservatives cry foul over concerts by Western artists whom they accuse of promoting promiscuity, corrupting young people or offending religious sensitivities.

- AFP/nd

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/entertainment/malaysia-bans-noah-film/1059528.html

It's not Christian either.

But MDA would allow it because of Emma Watson!

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
You has just said it. Islam demand you to respect their own believe in their God, perhaps demand is not the right choice of word to use. Seek maybe, not demand.

Would you like to disturb a bee hive?

Just leave them alone, the humble people and MYOB.

Religious teaching serve a good purpose it teaches you to be humble when faced with adversity.

Loads of bullshits! Islam is the only religion that demand everyone else to respect their rules or else get killed and they really do kill. Only idiots will think otherwise.

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am reading a book on Islam and find meanings in their Quran, interesting.

Jesus as God messenger make sense. Prophets are not messenger but messengers are prophets.

Even so anyone that claimed God speak to him can be considered a prophet. John the Baptist is a prophet, Mary is a prophet, Paul is a prophet and so on.

And Mary is the only woman wed a heavenly Bridegroom. Quran says Mary was born special and only eat food send by God, as pure as gold, prepare her for virgin birth. This make good story line than to know who the hell is Mary to give birth to a son of God, virgin birth.

The romans were desperate to unite their divided empire. History proved subscription to one God is a powerful unification and conquering factor. Before Islam, the Arabic peninsula was divided with beliefs in many Gods. With the aide of Islamic one God, the various Arabic tribes were united as one and the arabs eventually conquered the almighty Persians. The problems we are facing today are attributed to today believers holding the ancient scriptures too rigidly and as absolute truth.

Last edited:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You has just said it. Islam demand you to respect their own believe in their God, perhaps demand is not the right choice of word to use. Seek maybe, not demand.

Would you like to disturb a bee hive?

Just leave them alone, the humble people and MYOB.

Religious teaching serve a good purpose it teaches you to be humble when faced with adversity.

Demand is the right word. You said it. A bee hive with many killer bees. Muslims are killers. They should all be killed.

What gives them to right to demand from others when they themselves don't gives in to other's demands? Islam is a cult that must be banned from this world.

A truely humble person will not demand from others. Muslims are anything but humble.

Last edited: