• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dedicated to those who have ever worked as external consultants before ...

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BKorP55Aqvg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
experts... my ex-boss claims i'm an expert on fish after working on them for four years... i safely told him i just had more questions than before :o:o:o

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
experts... my ex-boss claims i'm an expert on fish after working on them for four years... i safely told him i just had more questions than before :o:o:o

a non-expert will not realised they did not know what they did not know.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It's pretty obvious that the Asian guy is an idiot. :rolleyes: The Ang Mohs have a far better grasp of what is going on.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Just shows that you're as hopeless as the stupid customers who ask for contradictory requirements :rolleyes:

Life is full of contradictions. That's why consultants are needed in order to enable contradictory states to co exist.

If I hire a consultant, it's so that they can weave their magic. EG take BMW for example. Their cars are crap. However, their marketing consultants have been pushing "The Ultimate Driving Machine" message for years and a huge number of people now believe it.

Nothing can be more contradictory than a crappy ultimate driving machine but there you go. That's what consultants are for.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
EG take BMW for example. Their cars are crap. However, they're marketing consultants have been pushing "The Ultimate Driving Machine" message for years and a huge number of people now believe it.

Nothing can be more contradictory than a crappy ultimate driving machine but there you go. That's what consultants are for.

The marketing consultants were hired to create a market perception, and not to make the cars drive like a dream. It's complementary not contradictory.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
BMW created the balloon payment scheme 2 decades ago. This was the single factor that drove the market in many countries. It is still major force and it's run from head office.

Life is full of contradictions. That's why consultants are needed in order to enable contradictory states to co exist.

If I hire a consultant, it's so that they can weave their magic. EG take BMW for example. Their cars are crap. However, their marketing consultants have been pushing "The Ultimate Driving Machine" message for years and a huge number of people now believe it.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The marketing consultants were hired to create a market perception, and not to make the cars drive like a dream. It's complementary not contradictory.

The video is satire and cleverly done. It both mocks and praises and illustrates the corporate BS that happens on a daily basis around the world.

The Asian guy is depicted as knowledgeable and intelligent but lacking the ability to give the clients what they want because he's an engineer at heart. At the end of the video, he realises what needs to be done in order seal the deal.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The video is satire and cleverly done. It both mocks and praises and illustrates the corporate BS that happens on a daily basis around the world.

The Asian guy is depicted as knowledgeable and intelligent but lacking the ability to give the clients what they want because he's an engineer at heart. At the end of the video, he realises what needs to be done in order seal the deal.

Yes it's funny yet so real. The pressures consultants face are not only from customers but from the bosses too - who promise the sky during sales pitches. Then the delivery team arrives and realise what shit they are in.

A meeting like this will never happen in real life simply because the sales people will never be there :o

...... so you are left alone to reason, plead, bargain and, most of the time, silently curse everyone around you......

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The usual general "Sell first talk later" business ethics in any organization.
It will come back to haunt you down if you can't deliver any of those promises.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The usual general "Sell first talk later" business ethics in any organization.
It will come back to haunt you down if you can't deliver any of those promises.

I have only seen sales people get fucked over not meeting their numbers... never about over promising customers. That problem becomes the consultants'...

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have only seen sales people get fucked over not meeting their numbers... never about over promising customers. That problem becomes the consultants'...

Yes and No. I've seen those sales chap got to answer for over selling their ideas.
It's a vicious cycle. Ultimately someone got to take the blame.
It's a matter of who can defend themselves better.