• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I was zapped, I am being zapped, who zapped,...............

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
The rep system is just another means of interaction which adds one more dimension to the dynamics of the forum.

I've found the whole experiment to be extremely interesting. It's one thing to behave in an obnoxious manner but the rep system enables someone with more seniority and more points to display more of a swagger. Not only can he say "fuck you" he can also fine a "lesser" member x number of points.

It also enables cliques to help each other in times of "need".

But the points are worthless and don't mean anything you might say but why then do people go berserk when they get deducted. It's as if their bank accounts were affected. :biggrin:

I'm still learning new things daily. :wink:

The University of Auckland can help you to learn these things faster:

http://www.psych.auckland.ac.nz/en/...social-psychology-postgraduate-programme.html

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
But the points are worthless and don't mean anything you might say but why then do people go berserk when they get deducted. It's as if their bank accounts were affected. :biggrin:

I'm still learning new things daily. :wink:

As jw5 said already, the motive of the zappers is not the deduction of points per se, but to cause irritation. How many potentially good posters have been irritated out of the forum already?

The irritation is caused not because your points decreased, but because you don't know who did it.

Kopisai used his 3 clones to deduct me, but I was not irritated because I knew who did it. Non subscribers are not so fortunate.

jw5

Loyal
Yeah, donating to the forum is the key.

If afraid to use own credit card, can use the credit card of mistress or grandfather.

LOL ................... LOL

Kopisai used his 3 clones to deduct me, but I was not irritated because I knew who did it. Non subscribers are not so fortunate.

MBSSLUTS

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

ha ha ha i got FOUR ! :biggrin:

:oIo:

16-02-2014 09:41 AM
ilovesingapore
Thread: Sam Are You Neutralising The Zappers?
keep the fire huat burning!!!!!!!!!!!!

16-02-2014 09:39 AM

kopiuncle
pay and huat ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16-02-2014 09:38 AM

theblackhole
huat lah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16-02-2014 09:36 AM

Lionheart
huat lah!!!!

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
kopisai retired his 4 nicks but still posting under new clones...

his old nicks use for zapping...:biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How the hell can someone force/bully others into compliance in a cyber world? How? Show me a single case in SBF.
Look at sochi2014 aka TeeKee, how many nicks of his have been banned by Leong.
Unsure what the hullabaloo's about.

Imho, aren't the entrances (or re-entries) and exits transient in forums? The nutters also got the proverbial 9 lives, gets resurrected in other forms.

But there seems to be a dearth of forummers with good insightful posts, either above the fray or otherwise.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
then putin your money where your mouth or keybard is. pay leong sams hosting fees then you will pretty much own this forum and can tell leong sam what u want, including removing this bullshit system!

Given a choice, I don't exercise a function that I don't agree with. That would be endorsing that function. That is why have never used the reputation or infraction functions or buy some moderator status.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
As jw5 said already, the motive of the zappers is not the deduction of points per se, but to cause irritation. How many potentially good posters have been irritated out of the forum already?

The irritation is caused not because your points decreased, but because you don't know who did it.

How do you know who did it? All you see are anonymous nicks. :wink:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I didn't say the points are "worthless". I am saying that to have a points system to prove that people do care about them, is worthless.

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But there seems to be a dearth of forummers with good insightful posts, either above the fray or otherwise.

I am sure it has nothing to do with zapping of points.
We have a couple of jokers here trying to turn this place into Stomp.
Do you see good insightful posts in Stomp?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I am sure it has nothing to do with zapping of points.
We have a couple of jokers here trying to turn this place into Stomp.

I've tried my best to design this place so that everyone feels welcome from intellectual to nut job.

For those who like the hustle and bustle with frequent rowdiness, then this section is the place for them but they have to accept the fact that fights will break out and bottles will be thrown.

Those who want intellectual discourse can proceed to the serious zone or the politics section. I've just modified the rep system so that they cannot lose any points there. However, points can still be added.

However, traffic patterns in the past have shown that despite the fact that the politics folder and the serious zone is far less dangerous, people still tend to gravitate to the rowdy courtyard cafe because it's more fun despite the risks.

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've tried my best to design this place so that everyone feels welcome from intellectual to nut job.

For those who like the hustle and bustle with frequent rowdiness, then this section is the place for them but they have to accept the fact that fights will break out and bottles will be thrown.

Those who want intellectual discourse can proceed to the serious zone or the politics section. I've just modified the rep system so that they cannot lose any points there. However, points can still be added.

However, traffic patterns in the past have shown that despite the fact that the politics folder and the serious zone is far less dangerous, people still tend to gravitate to the rowdy courtyard cafe because it's more fun despite the risks.

Yes, that's what political folder is for. I hate it there. I feel so constraint over there. I can hardly breathe. :(:p

jw5

Loyal
Over there, you have to sit with your knees together while slowly sipping your earl grey. :wink:

Yes, that's what political folder is for. I hate it there. I feel so constraint over there. I can hardly breathe. :(:p

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

talk is cheap and easy but cannot even tolerate hahahahahaaaa.

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
couple of jokers here trying to turn this place into Stomp.
Nah, I don't give a cursory glance (or even know of it's existence from start) :confused::p From what little I know, or hear, it's the voyeurs at work (and play). :rolleyes:

There's life outside the forum, isn't it?

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Absolutely agree, good post, spot on! :p