• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I was zapped, I am being zapped, who zapped,...............

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I ever saw some heated argument exchange between 2 people.

One is an old bird with hundred of points who used a lot of "bad language".
Whereas the other is pretty new to the forum with very few points who is more cautious with his words.
In the end the new bird got his points zapped all the way till -ve into moderation.

Why is this so?
Is it because the new bird is not much of a contributor?
Who in this case got the right to deduct points from a person?

I have been a very ferment opponent of the reputation system since Day One. I made it clear to that forum host that i did not like the idea.

But since he won't budge, I have no choice but to pony up and buy points to play the game myself. He's right about one thing though - this forum has become a microcosm of real life, replete with cronyism, backstabbing, squabbles, flame wars, and people buying their way ($$$$) to elite status.

The person with the more reasoned, more factually substatiated argument should win, but unfortinately, that's not what happens in real life, and that's not what happens in the forum too.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
If there is an election within 6 months, I buy everyone in this thread one infP.

the grandfather clock was too large for its shelf so it stood ninety years on the floor...
it was bought on the morn' of the day that he was born, and was always his treasure and pride...
but it stopped, short, never to go again when the old man dies...
ninety years it was lumbering, tick tock tick tock. his life seconds numbering, tick tock tick tock...
it stopped, short, never to go again when the old man dies...

:o:o:o

KNNBNBCB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow. Start thread talking about zap and reputation points. What a high quality thread from an esteem Nick.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow. Start thread talking about zap and reputation points. What a high quality thread from an esteem Nick.

he has started many threads about zap and reputation points. but he doesn't care about them at all. if you said you don't care about them too. you are just a copycat. 先喊先赢 !

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I saved you. He was running rings around you. It was becoming embarrassing. Calling someone "chump" in not the zenith of one's wisdom. He not only knew who to pick but his of the command of the language and history was far superior than yours.

He was also being selective because he knew you knew no better.

As I said Malaysia and Singapore are where they are because of the migrants and the Chinese played an immense role. You did not know how to counter it despite a wealth of facts over 2 centuries.

Instead you picked on a contentious issue - some sale by unknown chieftain from Riau Island whose legitimacy was doubtful and Raffles had his warship. It was the same with Mainland China who caved into superior British gunships. Remember the Opium wars. Would you recognise the treaty the Chinese were forced to sign.

I would suggest leaving someone who knows how the Chinese turned the 2 countries into good economies to handle the chap.

Dun glorify yourself, you did not save me and in the first place, there was not embarrassment on my part. If any, it was on the part of MMVPAP. Also criticize somebody's written English and relating it to fact is saving someone?

The fact is that you Scroobal agree with him that Singapore is Malay Land. You said it here again!!

I dun think that by calling him a chump, is not being wise. Similarly, you chose to be silent when he threw racial slur at me when I did not utter a single racist comment on him or the Malay race since day one.

He was going round and round because he was trying to confuse others as he cannot convince others that that Singapore is Malay Land. His stupidity was shown when he mentioned that the Brits returned HK to China because it was Chinese Land. He failed to realise that Brit return the whole HK to China because the lease for NT was up and it make no economic and political sense to keep Kowloon and HK Island and just return NT per se. Again you chose to be silent on this.

That chump (yes is CHUMP) also brought in issues like the Palestinian-Israeli issue into the discussion which is not linked. When I asked him the question, based on his own logic (not mine) that should the Arabs leave Israel because Israel was the PROMISED LAND of the Jewish people (as such Jewish Land). This is mentioned in the Quran and Bible and not me eErotica69. He did not answer.

The sale of Singapore was contentious? Says who? It was sold in 1819 and treaty was rectified in 1824. The person who signed the treaty was Sultan Husssein Shah and not some "unknown Chieftian" as you claimed! Now let's assume (which is lame) that it was not a "valid" sale, then how come Johore did not claim this from 1824 till 2014?

More importantly, you totally ignore the fact the Singapore was KICK OUT of the Malaysia Federation by the Malay dominated Government in Malaysia. Effectively that means that Singapore is not any Malay Land, she belong to all the races in Singapore including the Malays!

Your point about Chinese turning both Singapore and Malaysia into good economies is secondary and attention diverting. Your logic is simple : Yes you Scrobal admit that Singapore is Malay Land BUT the Chinese helped the Malay to build up Singapore (and Malaysia) economically. But to me, the fundamental point is: In the first place, Singapore is NOT Malay Land. Btw are you a Malaysians Chinese or a borned Malaysian? You sound like one.

Being able to write well in English does not correlate with being logic or factual. I am not known to be a writing person. MMVPAP can meet me at Geylang Serai and I can do a face to face argument with him on this issue. You can join us if you want to hear me speak "powderful England".

To me, your point is plain simple. You have already have this pre-mindset that Singapore is Malay Land. So dun try to act neutral.

To answer your question, did China SELL land to the 8 nations after the Opium War?

Last edited:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Mark Andrew Yeo Kah Chong aka scroobal.

The New Father Of Singapore and The Saviour Of All Sinkie Peasants.

LOL .................. LOL

Saviour?? He should save his own arse first.

Last edited:

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have been a very ferment opponent of the reputation system since Day One. I made it clear to that forum host that i did not like the idea.

But since he won't budge, I have no choice but to pony up and buy points to play the game myself. He's right about one thing though - this forum has become a microcosm of real life, replete with cronyism, backstabbing, squabbles, flame wars, and people buying their way ($$$$) to elite status.

The person with the more reasoned, more factually substatiated argument should win, but unfortinately, that's not what happens in real life, and that's not what happens in the forum too.

Yes. In real life person with the more reasoned, more factually substantiated argument seldom win.
Generally most people in a forum tend to talk big, flame each other, make sarcastic remarks, criticize
negatively, jump on issues, think they are the expert in that area etc.

IMHO, winning or losing the argument is secondary. What matters most is not to lost our demeanor.

In some thread, I've observed there has been many "like minded people" who post there very often.
They knew each other quite well and I'm not very sure will they gang up to deduct points of those people who
they don't favor which got involved in an argument. People especially those new bird with very little points who
is cautious with their words ended being deducted into moderation but those old timers who keep cursing and
swearing during the exchange of argument still get to retain their points.

This make it difficult for those new bird to come back and post again as they eventually being forced to leave the forum.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Screwing the PAP is off course very welcomed. Can't wait for another Anal Doctor candidate from the PAP.

I would prefer it if there were more who defended the government's impeccable record especially against wild and unsubstantiated allegations of PAP incompetence.

Whenever I defend the government, I always back up my argument with cold hard facts.

Take for example the claim that the government does not look after the health of its citizens. That's a load of bollocks. All the data shows otherwise.

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
i'd think that they can do better by providing free healthcare and not to worry about paying for insurance. i'd think of our insurance industry is a rip-off.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
i'd think that they can do better by providing free healthcare and not to worry about paying for insurance. i'd think of our insurance industry is a rip-off.

There is no such thing as FREE healthcare. If someone receives a heart transplant FOC, it's because other taxpayers are picking up the tab which is extremely unfair because those who choose to lead a healthy life end up having to pay for the medical costs incurred by the fat, overweight, lazy SOBs who smoke, drink and do drugs with abandon.

If people choose to destroy their organs, they can jolly well pay for the consequences.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was embarrassed to see what was going on and not referring to you. Don't waste your time with trolls. As I said, he was being selective.

The British handed back Singapore and Malaysia just like all their past colonial possession because the circumstances behind the treaties signed were not fair, done under duress, done with the wrong party or outright conquest. The sale either has no legs or contentious in the modern legal world. The new world won't tolerate such conduct. It is indeed Malay land but I and my family have every right to it. we earned that right. I am not going to pretend that it is Terrra Nullius. By a quirk of events if the World decides that the Malays can have it back then there are 2 options (1) move to a 1st world country ( certainly not going back to China) or (2) do what the Malaysian Chinese, Thai Chinese, Philippines Chinese or Indonesian Chinese do controls the politics and economy and let the natives take centre stage. My preference would be the first.

Dun glorify yourself, you did not save me and in the first place, there was not embarrassment on my part. If any, it was on the part of MMVPAP. Also criticize somebody's written English and relating it to fact is saving someone?

The fact is that you Scroobal agree with him that Singapore is Malay Land. You said it here again!!

He was going round and round because he was trying to confuse others as he cannot convince others that that Singapore is Malay Land. His stupidity was shown when he mentioned that the Brits returned HK to China because it was Chinese Land. He failed to realise that Brit return the whole HK to China because the lease for NT was up and it make no economic and political sense to keep Kowloon and HK Island and just return NT per se. Again you chose to be silent on this.

That chump (yes is CHUMP) also brought in issues like the Palestinian-Israeli issue into the discussion which is not linked. When I asked him the question, based on his own logic (not mine) that should the Arabs leave Israel because Israel was the PROMISED LAND of the Jewish people (as such Jewish Land). This is mentioned in the Quran and Bible and not me eErotica69. He did not answer.

The sale of Singapore was contentious? Says who? It was sold in 1819 and treaty was rectified in 1824. The person who signed the treaty was Sultan Husssein Shah and not some "unknown Chieftian" as you claimed! Now let's assume (which is lame) that it was not a "valid" sale, then how come Johore did not claim this from 1824 till 2014?

More importantly, you totally ignore the fact the Singapore was KICK OUT of the Malaysia Federation by the Malay dominated Government in Malaysia. Effectively that means that Singapore is not any Malay Land, she belong to all the races in Singapore including the Malays!

Your point about Chinese

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is something you didn't realise about. NTUC and another has launched term insurance, you pay a monthly tens of dollars to get covered. me see it as a shift from buying life and saving insurance from the traditional insurance firms where you foot thousands of dollars a year. canadians also foot tens of dollars monthly to pay for their insurance against hopitalisation. i think it's cheaper and better this way.

There is no such thing as FREE healthcare. If someone receives a heart transplant FOC, it's because other taxpayers are picking up the tab.