• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pinky's Uncle Says S'pore Is "Home Away From Home" For Pinoys

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: Say "No" to an overpopulated Singapore

10009830_708554295834369_1931682378_n.jpg

To all those who voted for him, take a good look at this and ask yourself: Are you happy now??

The bilateral relationship between Singapore and the Philippines is underpinned by strong people-to-people ties, said President Tony Tan Keng Yam.

President Tan, who is on a four-day state visit to the Philippines, highlighted the role that Singaporeans and Filipinos play when they visit, work, or live in their host country.

It has been 10 years since President Tan made an official visit to the Philippines.

He was greeted at the Malacanang Palace in Manila on Thursday with an official welcoming ceremony, before calling on President Benigno Aquino.

This year marks the 45th anniversary of diplomatic relations between the two countries.

Addressing the media, President Tan said bilateral relations between Singapore and the Philippines are underpinned by strong people-to-people ties.

There are about 180,000 Filipinos in Singapore.

President Tan said: "Many Filipinos visit, work and live in Singapore. Singapore has become a "home away from home" for them and they are an integral part of our society. There are also many Singaporeans seeking economic opportunities in the Philippines."

President Aquino said the increased presence of Philippine and Singapore companies in both countries is encouraging, and bodes well for the future.

Both leaders also discussed cooperation in areas like infrastructure and construction.

President Aquino also proposed holding a defence dialogue with Singapore to further strengthen co-operation between both countries.

"President Tan and I also discussed our countries' defence and security cooperation, which includes high-level training, educational, and intelligence exchanges. I believe that strengthening defence and security cooperation between the Philippines and Singapore is key to maintaining regional stability," he said.

President Tan was hosted to a state luncheon at the palace.

During his speech, President Aquino thanked Singapore for its assistance in the wake of Super Typhoon Haiyan.

He noted that Singapore was one of the first countries to provide assistance after the typhoon hit.

The rebuilding efforts in areas affected by the typhoon continue.

In the next few days, President Tan will hand over contributions from Singapore to partners and projects involved in rehabilitation efforts.

He will also visit a hospital in an area affected by the typhoon.

On the regional level, President Tan stressed that Singapore and the Philippines also share an interest in building a strong and united ASEAN community.

He said the strategic imperatives have remained unchanged... even though the landscape has evolved, since the time both countries were founding members of ASEAN.

And this makes the task of achieving an ASEAN Community in 2015 all the more urgent.

President Tan said Singapore looks forward to working closely with the Philippines to advance the common regional interests of both countries.

President Aquino added that the visit also serves as an opportunity to explore areas of cooperation that will allow both countries to realise the full potential of their partnership on both the bilateral and ASEAN level.

Later in the day, President Tan toured the historic Fort Santiago in Manila.

Built by the Spanish during colonial times, it now serves as a memorial to Filipinos and Americans who died during World War Two.

In the evening, President Tan met with the Singapore community in the Philippines.

He stressed that a small country like Singapore counts on its citizens abroad to strengthen relations with other countries.

And this is the role the some 300 Singaporeans in the Philippines can play.

President Tan also took the opportunity to remind them of home.

"Notwithstanding the delectable cuisine in the Philippines, I am sure there are moments when you crave for a plate of 'char kway teow' or a cup of 'teh-c' at a kopitiam. While you are away from home, I encourage you to remain connected to Singapore, and keep abreast of news and developments. You are and will always remain an integral part of the Singapore family," he said.

Mr Alan Chng, president of the Singapore Philippines Association, and president and CEO of Canon Marketing, said: "I can see a huge potential in the Philippines. Every sector is growing -- tourism is growing, manufacturing is growing. I think the electronics sector is very fast growing as well, and the Business Processing Organisations (BPOs), I think there's a huge influx. I think the growth is exponential.

"If you look at all the ASEAN countries, places like Indonesia, they are also seeing huge growth. The advantage in Philippines is the people, they are English speaking, they are very helpful, always willing to learn, very hungry and it's very easy to train them because of the language."

- CNA/de

534463_496388933727432_299356597_n.jpg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought the Pinay Maids (DH) population is already 250,000, Cousin Tony..telling the 'tooth"?? 180,000 employment pass, 250,000 FDW total 430,000 , Cousin Tony fail maths as a banker... ha ha ha ha

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
He will make history in Singapore as one of the worst:

1. President of Singapore;

2. MinDef minister with his jiak leow bee son NSF tau kia performance.

3. MOE - worst education minister?

4. DPM -?

5. What other more posts?

6. Bankers ???? any info?

Before he writes his own auto biography, can write one for him - the other sides of his story.

I thought the Pinay Maids (DH) population is already 250,000, Cousin Tony..telling the 'tooth"?? 180,000 employment pass, 250,000 FDW total 430,000 , Cousin Tony fail maths as a banker... ha ha ha ha

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

4. DPM -?

Before he writes his own auto biography, can write one for him - the other sides of his story.

Was he the one who was in charge of Them Are Sick & you know what they invested in all the banks stocks that all went south....I did not vote for him!!

AungSanSuShi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wish more and more Pinoys and Pinays come to Sinkieland to work. After President Aquino completes his term of office, he can run as a PAP candidate. Mabhuhay!

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
I take pride in being a Singaporean because when we were young we were taught in schools that we dun believed in racial discrimination.

unlike our Allah worshippers neighbors who practiced bumiputra policies and beat up or raped Chinese during any riots.

Last edited:

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's his way of making sure after should be lose the job at KFC, he can still be the mascot for Jollybee.

The only good this KFC ever did was in keeping his farking mouth shut and approving everything the 超级白 wants.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

4. DPM -?

Let me just add that this clown was running GIC before he took up the Presidential post. Remember all those shares of Citi and UBS which were purchased just before the financial crisis?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So none of the 40% hie maids? Or do they torture them?

No lah!....the 40% show them their "longanisa" & the maids call them sinta & then Mahal!....& after eating the "longnisa" that comes with cream...they say " sarap"...the 60% don't have or not much of a "longanisa"...so they are the ones that "tortue" them...:biggrin:

Do the 180,000 serve NATIONAL SLAVERY??? or any percentage that settle down here serve N.S. or will they be like cousin tony son...exempted??:p

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So none of the 40% hie maids? Or do they torture them?

You must be quite the remarkable dumbfuck to insinuate that all Pinoys are maids. I think even the Pinoys themselves would be pissed off at that suggestion. :rolleyes:

PAP supporters are utterly deficient between the ears. :kma:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sure of Tony and Pinky are cousins or uncle/nephew.

Very complicated and incestuous familee tree.

weetheamseng1.jpg