• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

i really missed SAF cookhouse food.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Muslim and vegetarian section also nice. Occasionally, got chance to go these sections. Think it's due to the lower quantity of food for these sections, so quality slightly better than non-muslim.

Muslim food sucks. RQ once ordered all Muslim to make it simple. Whole unit got diarrhoea.

Buckethead

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never miss cookhouse food at my unit at Gillman barracks long time ago...always eat at small canteen during morning tea break then sleep during lunch time... But the cook house at my unit HQ at another location is good though because of many high ranking officers around....lol.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes when I am hungry, not so fussy and almost anything able to makan EXCEPT the lek tau (mung bean) soup. No matter how its made, and no matter how hungry I am, it is a turn off for me. Just gives me bad vibes.

Cheers!

KNNBCCB, after > 20 years ITD towgay soup still make me feel like puking when I think of it.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
The worst is SFI. Give stray dogs eat also don't want to eat. FUCK SFI!
this i can vouch for you.
we did a test before.
my times got some stray cat and dog in the camp.
every noon...sure got 10-20 packets of foods no body eat.
i give 1 pack to the dog...the dog smell and walk away.knn
the chicken taste like frozen meat in the fridge for 1 year.
the rice taste like sand that had been kept in the defence shelter near expire date.
the veg taste with strong baygone smell

Last edited:

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I was in SAFTI, it had 5 cook houses and it served the best food in the SAF.
I can choose which cook house I like to eat, even at the OCS cook house and muslim cook.
For non muslim, you need a pass to eat muslim food.
But I don't eat in the cook house regularly, breakfast not even once.
Too many officers, going to the cook house is so troublesome, have to greet the officers.
I was a clerk in the HQ, so got a lot of privileges.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this i can vouch for you.
we did a test before.
my times got some stray cat and dog in the camp.
every noon...sure got 10-20 packets of foods no body eat.
i give 1 pack to the dog...the dog smell and walk away.knn
the chicken taste like frozen meat in the fridge for 1 year.
the rice taste like sand that had been kept in the defence shelter near expire date.
the veg taste with strong baygone smell

SFI charged MINDEF big sums and give junk. No audits done. This is the way corruption works in sinkapore.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
During my days, HQ people would take nap during lunch and missed eating cook house most of the time. The canteen stalls thrived on us. Anyone remember the game machines at the canteen ? Twenty cents per game.

Last edited:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
AnyOne here eVer tried this Lausai potent Concotion of Army Foot powder Doused in Green Bean soup..:cool::eek: