• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Revealed - why Tonychat is such a miserable wretch!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Vegetarians are less healthy and happy - scientist

1:50 PM Friday Apr 4, 2014

<figure style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: rgb(0, 0, 0); vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; -webkit-transition: color 0.2s, background-color, border-color, opacity; transition: color 0.2s, background-color, border-color, opacity;">
200464162-001_300x200.jpg
</figure><figcaption class="caption" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 10px 0px; border-width: 0px 0px 1px; border-bottom-style: dashed; border-bottom-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); outline: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 13px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; -webkit-transition: color 0.2s, background-color, border-color, opacity; transition: color 0.2s, background-color, border-color, opacity; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); line-height: 17px;">A large study suggests vegetarians aren't as healthy as meat-eaters. Photo / Thinkstock</figcaption>
Vegetarians are less healthy than meat-eaters, a controversial study has concluded, despite drinking less, smoking less and being more physically active than their carnivorous counterparts.

A study conducted by the Medical University of Graz in Austria found that the vegetarian diet, as characterised by intake of fruits, vegetables and whole-grain products, appeared to carry elevated risks of cancer, allergies and mental health problems such as depression and anxiety.

The study used data from the Austrian Health Interview Survey to examine the dietary habits and lifestyle differences between meat-eaters and vegetarians.

The 1320 subjects were matched according to their age, sex, and socioeconomic status and included 330 vegetarians, 330 that ate meat but still a lot of fruits and vegetables, 300 normal eaters but that ate less meat, and 330 on a more meat-heavy diet.

It found that vegetarians consumed less alcohol and had lower body mass indexes, but were still in a poorer state of physical and mental health overall.

Participants who ate less meat also showed a tendency to avoid attending doctors appointment for preventative measures such as vaccines, the authors found.

It concluded: "Our study has shown that Austrian adults who consume a vegetarian diet are less healthy (in terms of cancer, allergies, and mental health disorders), have a lower quality of life, and also require more medical treatment."

The study's authors have already defended the research against claims that their work is simply an advertisement for the meat industry.

Study coordinator and epidemiologist Nathalie Burkert told The Austrian Times: "We have already distanced ourselves from this claim as it is an incorrect interpretation of our data.

"We did find that vegetarians suffer more from certain conditions like asthma, cancer and mental illnesses than people that eat meat as well, but we cannot say what is the cause and what is the effect.

"There needs to be further study done before this question can be answered."
- The Independent

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What kind of fuckshit finding is that?

did they eat organic fruits and vegetables and drink filtered water?

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Association is not causality. Bigger feet size correlated with increased vocabulary in kids does not imply that bigger feet cause better vocabulary, but that increasing age results in both bigger feet and bigger vocab.

It could be that people who are already less healthy physically and mentally tend to resort to homeopathic medicine and alternative diets, which might also explain the link between vegetarianism and avoidance of allopathic vaccination.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the last line says the most. Until some medical practitioner confirms something wrong with my system, I still will consume a mix of meats and veggies. Reason - I love good tasting food. And will avail myself to consume what I like, can afford, is available, within reasonable limits. The only thing I will not consume is endangered animals unless I am starving to death and there is nothing else to eat. I personally think that someday, our species will be vegetarians, but I doubt it will be within our lifetime, we still like meat. But eventually, our conscience and views will shift us towards less and less animal based diets.

Cheers!

......................[/I]
"There needs to be further study done before this question can be answered."
- The Independent

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the last line says the most. Until some medical practitioner confirms something wrong with my system, I still will consume a mix of meats and veggies. Reason - I love good tasting food. And will avail myself to consume what I like, can afford, is available, within reasonable limits. The only thing I will not consume is endangered animals unless I am starving to death and there is nothing else to eat. I personally think that someday, our species will be vegetarians, but I doubt it will be within our lifetime, we still like meat. But eventually, our conscience and views will shift us towards less and less animal based diets.

Ultimately, it's a myth that meat-eating is unhealthy and vegetarianism is healthy. Keyword is moderation. A balanced diet containing adequate calories from the various food groups in the right proportions – whether it's meat-based or vegetarian (lacto, ovolacto, vegan) – is still your best bet for good health.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vegetarians tend to be angry and grouchy. And usually fat.

Why?

U like being hungry? That's how vegetarians feel 2 hours after they eat until their next meal.

Why fat? They tend to overeat and they eat more frequently. Also some salad dressings are actually very high in sodium and sugar.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Experience it yourself.. I have been feeling great all the while by avoiding the demand of meaningless killing towards animals.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U like being hungry? That's how vegetarians feel 2 hours after they eat until their next meal.

Why fat? They tend to overeat and they eat more frequently. Also some salad dressings are actually very high in sodium and sugar.

Agree that many vegetarians eat very unwholesome food, labouring under the mistaken impression that eating plants automatically makes you healthy.

Actually if they add more fibre, eat less fried foods, use chunky vegetables for salads like broccoli, bell pepper & celery, use low-fat dressings like unsweetened soy milk, they could actually stay full longer and still consume much less sodium and sugar and calories.

It's a matter of planning your diet intelligently.

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Grass eater just cannot accept the fact that they are less healthy.. Ha..ha..ha...

Now they trying to say they have better brain...:rolleyes:

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lot of vegetarians/vegans are very stupid and hao lian avoid taking essential fats until they become depressed gong kia. Many also don't take B12 until their brain short-circuit. Many of them are stupid like monkey.

The ratio of carbs, fat and protein should be 55-30-15 but many of them are eating 80-10-10

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
the foto reminds me of masterchef

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bgMN4lyAdzw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
My health has not been adversely affected yet, so choice of diet has not been up there to prioritize. Having said that, I find it hard to resist roast duck, suckling pig and some other fatty meats. For a long time already I have not touched kway chap or any internal organs as suddenly a few years ago, I just lost any fancy for those foods. Veggies, I take it just to be balanced but not because I like them. One thing I push aside nowadays are those carb-rich foods like rice, potatoes, don't really need that much as I work in a deskbound position. Weekend is coming, thinking of going for some babyback ribs, with some beer,

Cheers!

Ultimately, it's a myth that meat-eating is unhealthy and vegetarianism is healthy. Keyword is moderation. A balanced diet containing adequate calories from the various food groups in the right proportions – whether it's meat-based or vegetarian (lacto, ovolacto, vegan) – is still your best bet for good health.

KNNBNBCB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Want to eat what, eat la.

Want to believe what religion, believe la.

Just don't go all self-righteous and try to force your belief upon others :oIo:

To tonychat KNNBCCB :kma:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Want to eat what, eat la.

Want to believe what religion, believe la.

Just don't go all self-righteous and try to force your belief upon others :oIo:

To tonychat KNNBCCB :kma:

i never force others to eat veggies, i just say that meat eaters are stupid only.

and i hope they eat more meat and die early..( see..i never force them to eat veggies and encourage them to eat meat)