• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NS-man death coroner’s inquiry: captain not clear about mental illness

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Is there contributory negligence in the death of this young soldier which caused him to take his own life in 2013?

He was diagnosed with a mental condition in 2011 and was posted to the camp in 2012 where he was punished for his wrong doings just like an ordinary normal NS soldier. How could his mental condition be unknown when he was enlisted? Why was his medical condition not taken into consideration before punishing him? His letter of 2011 should have qualified him for a discharge on medical grounds to avoid NS.

If I am in charge of training, it is my job to administer training not act as nursemaid. If a trainee is an IMH case, then the MO should do the necessary and remove him from my training program.

If the trainee is declared fit for training, then it is my duty to treat all trainees equally when it comes to expectations and punishment.

If I was seen to be more lenient towards apparent nut jobs, then everyone would be feigning lunacy before the week was out.

KNNBNBCB

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I am in charge of training, it is my job to administer training not act as nursemaid. If a trainee is an IMH case, then the MO should do the necessary and remove him from my training program.

If the trainee is declared fit for training, then it is my duty to treat all trainees equally when it comes to expectations and punishment.

So if your trainee go report sick and come back with normal duty, halfway through 2.4km run obviously going to drop dead, you still make him run?

No common sense, no compassion is it :oIo: Not fit to be an officer :kma:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I hope when u go back for ICT one of those nutcases shout "this is my rifle,there are many others but this one's mine " and shoot u with a seven six two millimeter full metal jacket.

There were a few nut cases under my charge when I was doing my NS. I sent them to DB for 10 days. They learned their lesson and came out perfectly sane and caused no more problems for the rest of the course.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
So if your trainee go report sick and come back with normal duty, halfway through 2.4km run obviously going to drop dead, you still make him run?

No common sense, no compassion is it :oIo: Not fit to be an officer :kma:

That would depend upon the assessment of the Medic. If all his vital signs were normal, then I'd charge him for malingering.

We're running an army with the responsibility of defending the country. NS is not a girl guides camp. It is serious business and there will always be an element of risk. Some soldiers will die for various reasons. It's just a fact of life. Get over it.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal

If I was seen to be more lenient towards apparent nut jobs, then everyone would be feigning lunacy before the week was out.

If your policy is right, and you are not discerning enough to know who is a nut and who is not, then it is not surprising that someone someday in your unit would just use his rifle to gun you down, just like it happened in USA bases.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
If your policy is right, and you are not discerning enough to know who is a nut and who is not, then it is not surprising that someone someday in your unit would just use his rifle to gun you down, just like it happened in USA bases.

There's a far greater chance I'll be hit by a car and killed while I'm out cycling.

There is no such thing a risk free life. I choose to stick to doing what I feel is the right way of dealing with issues and the outcome of my actions is in the hands of fate.

If I'm run over or shot, my only wish is that death occurs quickly. Failure to die early means one might end up as a 90 year old zombie.

The problem nowadays is that everyone is too careful. We chastise people for being Kiasu but that is exactly what you're advocating. If a trainer is held responsible for everything, the outcome is that he will take zero risk by not imposing any discipline on anyone for fear of causing a mental breakdown.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
A crazy shit skin! Oh lord i bet the public will be more sympathetic cause it's a skin.

The majority of shit skins that I've had to deal with over the years have appeared to me to have some degree of mental instability.

In order to prevent a repeat of this incident, my suggestion would be to excuse all Ah Nehs from active duty and simply strip them naked and put them in padded cells for a couple of years as a substitute for NS obligations.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lucky LeongSam was not shot by his men.....

I remember one Sgt called Rozario who was shot and killed by his subordinate who lost control after being punished....

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Lucky LeongSam was not shot by his men.....

I remember one Sgt called Rozario who was shot and killed by his subordinate who lost control after being punished....

Like I said I've have had far more close calls with cars, buses and trucks than I've had with lunatic subordinates.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

So, this trainee should have shot all the officers and then kill himself to justify his condition?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That would depend upon the assessment of the Medic. If all his vital signs were normal, then I'd charge him for malingering.

We're running an army with the responsibility of defending the country. NS is not a girl guides camp. It is serious business and there will always be an element of risk. Some soldiers will die for various reasons. It's just a fact of life. Get over it.

The problem is that NS is a joke because we are a land that serves foreigners first. Why are we sweating to protect something that we have no ownership to?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
“We, as a unit, have been giving him a lot of chances. We, as a unit, have been helping him along the way, but there are consequences for every wrongdoing.

“He has to learn. And while he is learning the consequences of his wrongdoing, I will help him gain his bearings.”

=> FTrash: heeheehee

I hope the ghost of the deceased haunt this lady till she becomes a nutcase.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
So, this trainee should have shot all the officers and then kill himself to justify his condition?

I'm not saying he should have done anything of the sort.

What I am saying is that we don't live in a perfect world and that every once in a while, some looney will either kill himself or go on a rampage or both.

This sort of problem is never going to be solved. No amount of gun control, commissions of enquiry, SOPs etc is going to remove risk. Human beings are imperfect. Some thrive under stress, other snap. We have to learn to live with this fact.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The problem is that NS is a joke because we are a land that serves foreigners first. Why are we sweating to protect something that we have no ownership to?

Foreigners add value to the country. Thanks to demand from foreigners, a pigeon hole can fetch almost a million bucks.

If no foreigners were interested in living and working in Singapore, the population would be shrinking and the economy would be deflating and real estate would be going for a song. If that happened, I would agree that there is nothing to defend because Singapore would be a sinking ship.

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foreigners add value to the country. Thanks to demand from foreigners, a pigeon hole can fetch almost a million bucks.

If no foreigners were interested in living and working in Singapore, the population would be shrinking and the economy would be deflating and real estate would be going for a song. If that happened, I would agree that there is nothing to defend because Singapore would be a sinking ship.

Yup. And you love those big juicy white cocks up your crack, don't you! :cool:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If your thesis is true, why are developed countries not adopting unlimited immigration?

It is not size that matters but the quality of the people. We have 2.5 million of god knows who that are contributing to our decline! Sinkapore is a sinking ship thanks to the invasion of PATANS.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
If your thesis is true, why are developed countries not adopting unlimited immigration?

It is not size that matters but the quality of the people. We have 2.5 million of god knows who that are contributing to our decline! Sinkapore is a sinking ship thanks to the invasion of PATANS.

Immigrants who can afford to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for a pigeon hole are obviously highly successful and motivated individuals.

All developed countries are fighting for these high net worth characters because they add value to the economy.

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal

But Singapore is not a developed country and has never been one.

That's why we need FT to enrich our pathetic gene pool.