• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MP shocked at large number of foreign lecturers in S'pore unis

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Wayang lah........cannot be shocked what. He should have know better than any common man

Yep, so i guess that if his daughter did not come home and complain about her honk kong lecturer, he would still be oblivious today about the large number of FT Professors. What an asshole. This makes me think that they vet all the peasants coming in for the Meet the People sessions. Don't tell me at the MTPS he never heard any of his constituents complain about MRT crowded with FTs and end up late for work, losing their jobs to FTs, etc? Were all the peasants screened before hand for the MTPS, so that only PAP porlumpar can attend?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am shocked that the PAP MP is shocked.

This is a deputy speaker, MP in Marine Parade GRC and NTUC Fairprice Chief and he has his head buried in the sand. This guy is just as bad as Baey who had no clue about local food prices. Another one detached from the rest of society.

Why in his mind did he think that our Tertiary Institutions were spared from the foreign invasion. Why did he assume that MOE had restrictions. Does he listen to his residents during the Meet the People session.

For years people have complained that only taxi driving is the only preserve of citizens.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How can a fucking mp who is in charge of the govt be shocked about this? It's like the govt isn't even aware of the number of foreigners they let in and work in jobs as professors to teach the next generation.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
How can a fucking mp who is in charge of the govt be shocked about this? It's like the govt isn't even aware of the number of foreigners they let in and work in jobs as professors to teach the next generation.

My guess is that they don't come into contact with any FTs in the social and work circles that they travel.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Marine parade grc needs to learn from tampines peers n set up pinoy working committee to take care of thier interest. Who knows one say a riot there n the comm members can help them gather strenght from other areas.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Well done man seah kian peng!

Talk talk and talk more so that the people of marine parade can know what a fucking out of touch cbkiah they have for an mp in their GRC ok? Its just a question of time before you and your. Motley crew of tintin and OT Tan gets your asses kicked out.......

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you can defer all the way if you're doing a PhD. There's also the option of doing your PhD and then teaching at a university overseas.

Once you're out of the cuntry, the SAF/Mindef is powerless over you.

cannot defer reservist duty. i doing phd now

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are the lecturers Ang Moh... 'cos, you know, Ang Moh are the bestest... so only if majority of the foreign lecturers are Ang Moh lecturers, then we are fine.

Trick

Alfrescian
Loyal

Everybody in SBF are shocked to see his shocked comments

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, I am surprise that sinkees are surprised with the pappies mp for being surprised about the huge ft shits sinking land has.

Now, I know why sinking land no hope liaoz.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
The new thinking is for the govt to hands off and let the market decide. Civil servants sure have it easy these days!

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
here is an insight into the mindset of PAP MPs, and it shows how fucking out of touch with reality they are. MP Seah Kian Peng, His own daughter comes back and tells him that she hardly hears a singaporean prof. in NUS, and he dismisses her. Only starts to believe her went he hears it from another colleague. If this kind of asshole don't believe what his own flesh and blood says, how do we expect them to believe what the populace tells them? That is why they don't believe it when they are told foreigners are taking jobs, cost of living very high, housing too expensive, etc. And why is the PAP allowing 20% of all University spots in all universities in Singapore to go to foreigners, almost all of which are here on scholarship? This forces thousands of locals kids to studying overseas, costing their families tens of thousands of dollars, and contributing to another country's economy. How can these 20% of foreign students given a free ride in Singapore unis be better than the local students? They can barely string one sentence of English together. What is their GP score? What is their English score? Better than Singaporean student? I doubt it.
In Parliament earlier in March, Member of Parliament for Marine Parade GRC, Seah Kian Peng expressed shock at the number of foreigners who have staffed the faculties in Singapore’s tertiary institutions.
He was speaking on the merits of “long-term thinking and planning”, giving the example of the roles of our universities.
Mr Seah related how one of his colleagues had told him “how rare it was for his daughter to hear a Singaporean accent when being taught by NUS professors.”
“I was actually ready to dismiss the claims but then I heard it again — this time from a student at NTU,” Mr Seah said.
After inquiring with the Ministry of Education for the numbers, he found out that Singaporean faculty members made up the minority in certain departments in the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- Political Science department of NUS, 28% of the 25 faculty members are S’poreans.
- NTU’s S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies, 41% of the 29 faculty members are S’poreans.
- NTU Wee Kim Wee School of Communications and Information, 44% of the 48 faculty members are S’porean.
- NUS Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, 46% of the 82 faculty members are S’poreans.
“I know it that in our universities, as in other professions, there needs to be open competition,” Mr Seah told Parliament. “But the percentages are surely astonishing — only a bit more than one quarter of the professors at the Political Science department in NUS are Singaporeans!”
Besides the presence of a majority in faculty staff, the shortage of places in tertiary institutions for Singaporeans has also been a point of unhappiness among Singaporeans.
IN 2011, the Minister for Education disclosed in Parliament that the number of foreign students in the tertiary institutions was 18 per cent.
According to the New York Times in August 2012, “The government has capped the number of international students at 20 percent of the undergraduate intake for the past decade. In 2011, they made up 18 percent, with most coming from China, India and other Southeast Asian countries, according to the Ministry of Education.
“The ministry said in a statement that it would maintain current levels “to facilitate better integration between Singaporeans and international students.”
The government had announced that the cap of 20 per cent foreign enrolment will remain but 2,000 new university places will be added for Singaporean students by 2015.
On Friday, the Mr heng Swee Keat, the Minister of Education, said he will add 1,000 places this year.
This means there will be 14,000 university places for locals, 1,000 more than the 13,000 places in 2012.
“We had originally aimed to reach this level by 2015, so we are a year ahead of schedule,” Mr Heng said.
Sinkies are sinking as their leaders find new excuses to line their own pockets as they cut government funding for saving sick infants...

Yet 60.1% stupid Sinkies voted PAP simply to have their lifts upgraded before the opposition ones...

ST23Mar2007-%2BWhy%2Bpay%2Bmust%2Bgo%2Bup.JPG

E.g. "dignity": an excuse to get more fingers into the national cookie $$$ jar...
"If the annual salary of the Minister of Information, Communication and Arts is only $500,000, it may pose some problems when he discuss policies with media CEOs who earn millions of dollars because they need not listen to the minister's ideas and proposals. Hence, a reasonable payout will help to maintain a bit of dignity."
YqUYU.jpg
[IMG URL]

923467_520674211327249_1882841008_n.jpg
[IMG URL]

Last edited: