• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property agents feeling the pinch as market cools

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is what exactly i am harping about all along. You spoke my mind. We have nothing to brag about. At least , Japan and Korea has their own R & D to brag about. They churn out product after product. All are world beaters. Here we have graduate who are engineer trained becoming agents. Frankly speaking , all these talk about licensing is hog wash of agents. It does not help in anyway to the economy.

Today's article came out bragging that Singkie's Education are top notch. They are problem solvers. To me, it a total hogwash. If we are truly thinkers and problem solvers. We would not be resorting to importing people and collecting rental to sustain the economy.

This greedy government still dare to pay themselves 18 months of bonuses. I say Balls to all these civil servants and politician.

True. A message to PAP IBs to pass up to their masters:
A rent-based economy is most destructive to talent and creativity.
As rentals go up unabated, hawkers, entrepreneurs and creative people throw in the towel because its eating into their margins so much so that its not worthwhile to carry on. Unlike the west, startups can't just start from mom and pop's garage. You need someplace, and that place wants rent.
That is the situation Singapore is facing. In the end, the ones who create things and bring value sit out of the cycle, while the economy feeds on 'air' from bubbles such as property and the like.
Its worse now as Reits come into the picture and insist on y-o-y growth and profit margins.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
True. A message to PAP IBs to pass up to their masters:
A rent-based economy is most destructive to talent and creativity.
As rentals go up unabated, hawkers, entrepreneurs and creative people throw in the towel because its eating into their margins so much so that its not worthwhile to carry on. Unlike the west, startups can't just start from mom and pop's garage. You need someplace, and that place wants rent.
That is the situation Singapore is facing. In the end, the ones who create things and bring value sit out of the cycle, while the economy feeds on 'air' from bubbles such as property and the like.
Its worse now as Reits come into the picture and insist on y-o-y growth and profit margins.

I doubt the pappies give a damn. They have too many vested interests in Singapore Inc.

They'll just prop the thing up and milk it dry.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why do sinkees need property agents and insurance agents? KNN, now so high tech got internet, take out the middleman lor. Same with shares and fx. paiseh to say, why pay water money when others don't?

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I doubt the pappies give a damn. They have too many vested interests in Singapore Inc.

They'll just prop the thing up and milk it dry.

I agree with you on that. They simply don't give a damn and can't be bothered.. until it is time again for GE.
Then they will try to tell people that they will "change".. and the whole wayang all over again.

The real answer is simple.. just vote them out of power! Is it any worse to let oppo take over the reins?
Starting over is not easy, but if we don't try, all the roots will never be pulled out and thrown away.. we need a total clean-up.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree with you on that. They simply don't give a damn and can't be bothered.. until it is time again for GE.
Then they will try to tell people that they will "change".. and the whole wayang all over again.

The real answer is simple.. just vote them out of power! Is it any worse to let oppo take over the reins?
Starting over is not easy, but if we don't try, all the roots will never be pulled out and thrown away.. we need a total clean-up.
Swee!if sit back wait and not making decision is the worst! Answer is confirm liaoz. If grow balls and make a choice, results either yes or no. At least try liaoz.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
no surprise.... all markets are alike manhood... most time is soft, cannot expect to erect all the time. when market hit all time high is like reaching orgasm. ejaculate liao also nng liao.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many agents made money because Silliporeans are amongst the most useless landlords I've ever met.

Many let the agents handle everything and will not even meet or give their phone number to the tenants.In this scenario the real estate agents control the whole transactions as the landlord and tenant have never spoken or met and the agent will seek for the highest price possible(not the best tenants).The contractor, painter, aircond men are all appointed by the agents and its no surprise they use the cheapest material and charge the highest price.

They are possibly the worst type of humans I've met and won't be surprised most are pappy supporters.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
When market is good, they make millions and dirt cheap money easily. When times are not so rosy, they whine and lament about good old days. What is it with Singkie ?

You do not need a University degree to sell houses and Insurance. Why am i seeing well educated people going into property line and Insurance just because it has good money ? Is Singkie education direction heading the wrong direction ? No doubt we are good comparatively to other Nation. It such a waste of resources.

We must build our education according to the need of our economy and Nation.

It is not education system but the lure of money when market is good, i see many foreigners are property agents like Pinoys and Indians, which shouldn't be the case as these jobs require no special skills and should not be opened to foreigners...

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Another agent, Ms Loh, said: "Agents don't have a stable income even in good markets and now, it's even worse for us."""" quote

Ms. Loh can find stable income, if she knows, which market to tap!! ha ha ha ha

pussy market loh! :biggrin: :smile:

jokes aside, we all know property market is cyclical. what about insurance agents and financial planners? i don't see them feeling the pinch yet.

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't blame people, the lure of money is strong. That is sad, but what can we do? I knew a doctor once, guy was already rich, came from a well-to-do family. Graduated from medical school, dad helped out and opened a GP office for him; after almost a year, the bugger quit and went to become a partner in a stockbroking company! Ideally, it would be nice if one could study or immerse oneself in subject of interest instead of monetary returns (eg. my daughter's wish is to become a palaeontologist), but in reality, we have to work within real economic constraints.

Cheers!

You had conveniently assumed that the ex-doctor's subject of interest and passion was medicine.

What if the truth was that his dad forced him to study medicine and become a doctor but he absolutely hated it?

What if the truth was that the world of stocks and shares and RTOs and M&As were his passion? And that he is following his heart and living his dream now?

You just assumed!

Typical Sinkie lah, you!

griffin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do sinkees need property agents and insurance agents? KNN, now so high tech got internet, take out the middleman lor. Same with shares and fx. paiseh to say, why pay water money when others don't?

You are right. As far as HDB flats are concerned you can sell/buy them without an agent. Just go to HDB Hub at Toa Payoh, get the relevant forms and follow instructions. If in doubt check with the counter clerks. In my view only lazy, stupid and daft sinkies engage agents.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is what exactly i am harping about all along. You spoke my mind. We have nothing to brag about. At least , Japan and Korea has their own R & D to brag about. They churn out product after product. All are world beaters. Here we have graduate who are engineer trained becoming agents. Frankly speaking , all these talk about licensing is hog wash of agents. It does not help in anyway to the economy.

Today's article came out bragging that Singkie's Education are top notch. They are problem solvers. To me, it a total hogwash. If we are truly thinkers and problem solvers. We would not be resorting to importing people and collecting rental to sustain the economy.

This greedy government still dare to pay themselves 18 months of bonuses. I say Balls to all these civil servants and politician.

well in real life I know sinkies are the amongst the stupidest if you compare sinkie chinese vs malysia chinese vs mainland chinese vs Taiwan chinese. All the surveys are craps . every day you have some stupid body releasing some survey ie thousands of survey a month eg university rankings etc . what the shitty times did is a conjob. they pick the survey that says "best"things about local etc and then harp on it to apple polish the garmen. If the survey is no good, then they would dig up some excuse to say it was faulty. a very good example is last month survey that singapoore is the most expensive city in the world. after alot of backlash they quickly said it was flawed and only applies to expats. you mean expats eat different food and pay a different charge in restaurants and taxis? farkthem these reporters. Bloody snakes these reporters and shitty time. if the survey have supposedly says singapore is the cheapest they would sure back track and say it was accuarte and garmen doing a good job. this is noting but propaganda. print only the good news and hide or obsfuscate or exonerate the bad ones. if local students are so good are solving problems how come so few patents and inventions when compared to HK or australia. alot of them are only good at bullsh!tting like the shitty times.

Last edited:

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Many agents made money because Silliporeans are amongst the most useless landlords I've ever met.

Many let the agents handle everything and will not even meet or give their phone number to the tenants.In this scenario the real estate agents control the whole transactions as the landlord and tenant have never spoken or met and the agent will seek for the highest price possible(not the best tenants).The contractor, painter, aircond men are all appointed by the agents and its no surprise they use the cheapest material and charge the highest price.

They are possibly the worst type of humans I've met and won't be surprised most are pappy supporters.

like Ngiam Tong Dow once noted.....when you get 64000 graduates who wanna be these fucking property agent clowns and relationship managers, then you know that this country had seriously gotten something wrong....

i personally dislike the property agents in Stinkapore....sneaky deceitful and even downright dishonest fuckers....if I can i try to bypass the whole fucking lot and just go straight into letting the lawyers deal with the buyer/seller.....

these fuckers add no value, cant tell you anything else more than what you can find out online or from the vendor himself..... and they make a fucking tonne for making a phone call and showing up!!! WTF!!!!

they'd better start justifying their commissions' worth because it my eyes, they are not even worth my eyeshit ,,....

fuck you all u damm property agents.... u worthless pappy dogs who are good at bullshitting the market and churning the prices up for no good fucking reason....just like those gong cheebyes working as personal bankers........

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow you are one big ignorant fool, when you mention high tech internet, it just confirmed your ignorance. Property agents actually help you get the best property and cheapest ones, you think cheap and good properties ever get advertised? They never reach any of the property portals or newsapars, all good investment properties are almost always transacted behind closed doors and close relations with agents. Seasoned property investors and house hunters always keep a team of agents at their beck and call.

If you think high tech internet can help you search, then again you are wrong, property agents can also use such tools and all have mobile groups where they chat among themselves.....so are you privy to all these?

You only think agents fill forms and show houses that is why you can cut them out but you don't know the wheeling and dealing and wealth of information that goes on behind.

Not to mention if you make your agent your friend, you can always get the best possible discounts from developers too as some of them really butter up developers and swing many buyers...developers also give special treatment to these agents allowing better discounts for their followers.

The sheer ignorance of the public.