• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property agents feeling the pinch as market cools

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't get drawn in too early, 10 years later when all the Chinese SPR move back to China they will be a residual of 1 million homes at least injected into the property market, you can pick and chose, bargain and seller will crawl on their kneel to bag you to buy his liability - property

Good! Waiting to grab some more properties.

Sammy

Alfrescian
Loyal
If PAP is in power, property will never crash as they will kill themselves...PAPIES are the biggest landowners in sinkapore

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If PAP is in power, property will never crash as they will kill themselves...PAPIES are the biggest landowners in sinkapore

Not to worry.

PAP will kill themselves as they slowly dangle and dance underneath the lamp posts
Or when we hang on their necks burning tyres as garland to their stinking greed.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Market wouldnt crash dun drean

haha. please continue your dreaming or your nightmare. you must have bought last 2 years and sorely regret now. for high ends apartments in city centres , it has dropped by 20% at least. check with your agents. if you read newspapers early this month, alot of properties in sentosa were selling at a loss of up to $1 miilion dollars ie a 25% compared to 2012.... late last year I alraedy predicted a crash this year. of course alot of stupid people buy into the crap hype by that devil hong leong guy.. contrary to popular beliefs the garmen would make sure the price drop even more and not go up for the next few years. why??? 2016 is coming and when alot of people are disgusted that HDB is costing $1m , costs of living higher and less money for mortgage . sure is madness when 400 squre foot pigeon holes with 99 yr lease costs 800K or more and the garmen knows if tis continue, a backlash for them would happen. also interest rates have slowly start to rise(alot of bank are giving 1.2% for fresh funds) and prop market in China have start to collapse as Xi jin ping is going after corrupt banks. moreover europe and US have not recovered. jokowi have won and money have start to flow out back into indonesia. won;'t be surprised if market drops by 40-50%. in europe some place have drop by70%. recession is coming. start dreaming as it would be a reality for some and a nightmare for others.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore’s Central Bank Says Too Early to Ease Property Curbs
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...nk-says-too-early-to-ease-property-curbs.html

“Property prices, they remain at elevated levels, although they’ve just started to soften,” Ravi Menon, managing director of the MAS, as the central bank is known, at the release of its 2013/14 annual report today. “It’s very important that we secure the gains that we’ve made in stabilizing the market and restoring financial prudence.”

Debt levels among highly-leveraged households remain high, Menon said. The MAS has narrowed its 2014 inflation forecast to between 1.5 percent and 2 percent from 1.5 percent to 2.5 percent as the property curbs helped stabilize prices and rents, Menon said.

J92bNp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Speaking at the release of MAS' annual report for the 2013/14 financial year on Thursday (July 24), Mr Menon said property prices have risen 60 per cent over the last four years but have declined by just 3.3 per cent over the last three quarters.

3 quarters only down by 3.3%. Means previously sold at 1000psf is now 967psf. Can hardly call this a 'crash' by any stretch of imagination.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why many here still think pap wont let the property price fall?

if pap can stand idly and see speculators and home owner suffer negative asset in 97, so why so sure pap will prop the price up today? ten of thousand ppl kenna force by banks to top up their loan in the aftermath of 97, live in negative asset for over a decade.

what happen in 97 can still happen now. china too many unknowns, and ah tiongs are not as rich as perviced.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
indeed, just spoken to my property buddy yesterday nite, it's just the beginning... haven't reach the tip of iceberg.:biggrin:

i like to laugh at those who bought few years earlier and having toxic mortgage loan to pay...haha...lol...:biggrin:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
indeed, just spoken to my property buddy yesterday nite, it's just the beginning... haven't reach the tip of iceberg.:biggrin:

i like to laugh at those who bought few years earlier and having toxic mortgage loan to pay...haha...lol...:biggrin:

Good! Rubbing hands in glee.

J92bNp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Shall wait and see if can drop 15-20% in say 2 years time. A lot of analyst predict 5-10% next year. Lets see.

gotnojob

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
many property agents than bo chiak like me. See my nick you know.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't get drawn in too early, 10 years later when all the Chinese SPR move back to China they will be a residual of 1 million homes at least injected into the property market, you can pick and chose, bargain and seller will crawl on their kneel to bag you to buy his liability - property

Agree, but cannot go in too late too, as many choice properties will get snapped up early and will have a new lease of life with new buyers, theses won't be in the market by then.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why many here still think pap wont let the property price fall?

if pap can stand idly and see speculators and home owner suffer negative asset in 97, so why so sure pap will prop the price up today? ten of thousand ppl kenna force by banks to top up their loan in the aftermath of 97, live in negative asset for over a decade.

what happen in 97 can still happen now. china too many unknowns, and ah tiongs are not as rich as perviced.

The pappies in 1997 was different from the pappies now.
In 1997, were they as greedy and as rich? Were they as well paid as now? Were most of them multi-millionaires? Were most of them holding as many assets?

If pappies kill the property market now, they are making themselves diminished in dignity by a lot. You think that will happen?

Knn, those waiting for pappies to cool the market a lot more are the ones still hoping that pappies will turn over a new leaf and be a good government. More practical to wait for another SARS to knock the market down.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
some thinking, for properties to recover its peak, really need some jawboning by the $8 heart by-pass khaw.:biggrin:

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
The pappies in 1997 was different from the pappies now.
In 1997, were they as greedy and as rich? Were they as well paid as now? Were most of them multi-millionaires? Were most of them holding as many assets?

Yes. LOL You think PAP dogs just got rich these few years? What happened in 1997-98 were BEYOND their control.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as you can see in the numerous property advertisements in the papers, many property companies are desperately trying to sell (get rid of) their phase 2 developments.