• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property agents feeling the pinch as market cools

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard some unfortunate things from a property lawyer... ...

He said some companies selling their industrial properties to free up cashflow but they are in distress mode, selling without planning. More n more of these sellers were late in handing of keys and subjected to penalty clauses because they were just happy to sell for cash, but never planned properly where their operations and cargo could shift too

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
sel n lease back ... :o

Unlike residential properties, for many of these SMEs who are offloading their industrial properties,
they are using this chance to realise massive capital gains and improve their cashflow
because operations/business have been lacklustre lately.

I know some banks reducing OD and trade facilities for many weaker SMEs lately
and more and more SMEs defaulted on the employees' pay in the last 2 months.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unlike residential properties, for many of these SMEs who are offloading their industrial properties,
they are using this chance to realise massive capital gains and improve their cashflow
because operations/business have been lacklustre lately.

I know some banks reducing OD and trade facilities for many weaker SMEs lately
and more and more SMEs defaulted on the employees' pay in the last 2 months.

the refurnished office block next to where I work open 3-4 months liao. as of now, 70% empty with rental advert hang on most units window. freehold commercial.

Pillow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think worse is that hotel cum retail building along Alexandra road, next to ikea, all the shops are empty and all looking for tenants...

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Heard end of the year, govt going to make announcement on car and housing policy. I guess it will be before election

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
China's rich seek shelter from stock market storm in foreign property
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/rea...r-from-stock-market-storm-in-foreign-property

"There is anecdotal evidence that Chinese buyers have intensified their interest in 'safe haven' global property markets, including London, as a result of the recent stock market volatility," said Tom Bill, head of London residential research at Knight Frank.

Around 91,000 wealthy Chinese sought second citizenship between 2000 and 2014, according to a report by residence investment broker Lio Global, a factor that is fuelling demand to buy foreign property.

Most of these individuals, defined as those with net assets of US$1 million or more excluding their primary residences, are moving to the US, Hong Kong, Singapore and Britain

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Department store operator Isetan has ceased its operations at Wisma Atria and is in the midst of leasing out the space to other retailers. It recently signed a deal to lease out a basement floor to a retailer of ladies fast-fashion apparel. The lease will commence at the end of the third quarter. Meanwhile, it is engaged in further discussions with potential tenants for the leasing of the other floors. While it endeavours to lease out all the remaining floors, "there is no assurance that it would be able to achieve full tenancy for the premises at Wisma Atria due to market conditions or commercial reasons", it warned.

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/orchard-road-retail-rental-falls

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
REDAS warns of record-high vacancies in private home market
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/redas-warns-of-record/1982848.html

REDAS' president Augustine Tan cited analysts' estimates that more than 89,000 new private homes will be completed from 2015 to 2019, and that the number excludes supply from the government land sites sold in the first half of the year.

"This looming supply is likely to bring home vacancy rate to a new record high, causing further slip in home rentals and downward spiralling of property prices," Mr Tan said.

“According to latest figures by property consultants, the proportion of new office leases in Singapore dropped by half as companies cut costs,” he said.

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
REDAS warns of record-high vacancies in private home market
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/redas-warns-of-record/1982848.html

REDAS' president Augustine Tan cited analysts' estimates that more than 89,000 new private homes will be completed from 2015 to 2019, and that the number excludes supply from the government land sites sold in the first half of the year.

"This looming supply is likely to bring home vacancy rate to a new record high, causing further slip in home rentals and downward spiralling of property prices," Mr Tan said.

“According to latest figures by property consultants, the proportion of new office leases in Singapore dropped by half as companies cut costs,” he said.

Hiya bro, do you recognize me with your old avatar huh? :p

I left you a reply in the other thread with link below. Did you get to read it yet? :smile:

http://singsupplies.com/showthread....21253;二奶)&p=2231413#post2231413

Last edited:

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hiya bro, do you recognize me with your old avatar huh? :p

I left you a reply in the other thread with link below. Did you get to read it yet? :smile:

Thanks good brother
ah RUN replied.
Our friends here will go nuts if they see more running penguins all over the forum.

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks good brother
ah RUN replied.
Our friends here will go nuts if they see more running penguins all over the forum.

Haha, for some unknown reasons, I just like penguins a lot!

Anyway, on a more serious note, my family relative has a 99-year leasehold condo that was bought quite sometime ago (before the crazy price rise in the recent years). So, he will still make some money if he sells it at today's price. What would your advice be? Should he continue to rent the condo out or sell it? How bad do you think the price drop will be in the next two years?