• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property agents feeling the pinch as market cools

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
The drop of around 1% or less in resale price and rental is nothing. Many can afford to hold so long as properties can be rented out. Many also set aside lots of cash to buy if drop further. Seriously, what can we expect in the next 6 mths? If wait 12-24 mths, anything can happen?

How many are willing to hold/catch a falling knife, it's -5-6% for 2014H1, and to stomach the drop in 2014H2, 2015H1, 2015H2, 2016H1 - esp. in view of the interest rate hike expected in 2015.

Smart property investors would sell (yesterday-now) and buy (24-48 months later):
PsCrleD.gif

Hold and behold.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hahahhahah. predicted this last year that worst is yet to come.... reminds me of 2002-3. now perfect storm. interest rates going up, glut of housing, US, China economy slowing down rapidly AND the greatest fear of all.......EBOLA EPIDEMIC!!!! just like SARS but 100 times worse and fatality is 90% and now US, europe and even philipiines has it......WHO has just declare it an UNPRECENDENTED emergency... i wuold not be surprise if replay of 2003 where prices crash 70% overnight after a much milder SARS epidemic!!!!! Now ebola with a fatality of 90% and no known cure is the motehr of all killers. silent, unpredictable and transmission is stilll unknown. funny sinkieland did not announce any advisory or screening as compared to malaysia , thailand, china and HK who have started screening and warns its citizens since 2 weeks ago.....garmen trying to please developers???. then even garmen measures all useless as everyone would run out . great news actually for those stupid developers who tried to talk up the market esp that hong leong idiot and that b@stard lewd thai ker talking crap about allowing population of 10 million people into this small island... a disaster if you ask me as the virus would spread like mad. just imagine MRT someone infected with ebola and passing it to thousands in one carriage with just one sneeze!!!

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/who-declares-ebola/1303470.html

perfect storm for the PAP to capitalise when they call their elections end of the year por next year...

nothing like making all these ungrateful middle class fuckers who are leveraged to the hilt in propertry to wanna vote with their pockets....

but seriously.....

i dont think there will be much funds that dares to flow here esp since US economy seems to be consolidating fairly stably right now...... coupled with the fact that china hot money is fucking spooked by their crackdown....i dont see those cb tiongs coming here to buy whole floors of shit anymore......in fact i think they might be in a fucking hurry to quickly move their money out to london or new york so that the china govt might have "problems" extraditing them and their ill gotten cash .....

maybe the pap needs to be taught a fucking lesson that if you wanna fuck around with allowing your crony developer kakis to overbuilt and poverprice their fucking pigeonholes, you might ride into a fucking storm.....

like rising interest rates,....

migration of people into other regions (than stinkapore)

hot money flowing out

china and EU watching like a hawk

no fresh funds coming in....

no wonder that cb kiah chan chun seng says hes fucking worried if we slip back to 4 mil....

anyways well done pap....u let all the froeigners game your property market and run away with their gains without taxing those bastards...when the tide goes totally out and the only duymbfucks are your own stinkaporeans left holding the babies......

hahahaha

stinkapore deserves its fate for gaming with the cbs from the PAP.....enough said.....

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many are willing to hold/catch a falling knife, it's -5-6% for 2014H1, and to stomach the drop in 2014H2, 2015H1, 2015H2, 2016H1 - esp. in view of the interest rate hike expected in 2015.

Smart property investors would sell (yesterday-now) and buy (24-48 months later):
PsCrleD.gif

Hold and behold.

wow sense! very nice effort to present your points

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
perfect storm for the PAP to capitalise when they call their elections end of the year por next year...

nothing like making all these ungrateful middle class fuckers who are leveraged to the hilt in propertry to wanna vote with their pockets....

stinkapore deserves its fate for gaming with the cbs from the PAP.....enough said.....

Private property prices last crashed in 2008 to 2010. During that period, the price of BTO never dropped and continues to edge up until today. That provided support for the private property and in mid-2010, private started to rebound when the gap between private and public housing was the narrowest.

Let the poor bail out the rich.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Private property prices last crashed in 2008 to 2010. During that period, the price of BTO never dropped and continues to edge up until today. That provided support for the private property and in mid-2010, private started to rebound when the gap between private and public housing was the narrowest.

2HxwYWs.gif

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sense's graph shows each low is higher than the previous low and new highs will be made. For those who can afford to hold, they will be fine. Also, if put in enough money to get a 3% rental yield, it'll still be above interest rate (anyone expects interest rate to go above 3% so long as pappies are in power?) and can continue to hold too while having positive gearing. The graph seems to indicate a correction is coming in years ahead but not drastic enough to buy cheap. Back to my previous point, many people with lots of cash are waiting, so how far can things drop? After 2016 election, pappies will surely do what they can to push up prices again, rich will still come to park money here as it's tax haven, money laundry hub. Pappies will also let in more poor ones to boost the population ponzi scheme and these people need places to live too.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

very sharp observation indeed Run....

this means that the BTO flat prices which are being manipulated by the govt will form the rock bottom base for the private property prices...as long as the HDB doesnt disclose a freefall, there might not be a freefall because logically speaking it is "impossible" for private properties prices to drop below government housing right??????

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

massive private condo TOPs and EC completion in 2014-2016. By regulation, HDB upgraders will be forced to offload their units in the process and delaying this decision will also likely to further erode their selling prices.

On the other hand, private property prices appear to be supported by Seller-Stamp Duties which will force weaker investors to reconsider any decisions to cut-loss at this moment.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
While real estate industry players understand the Government’s intention in keeping the property cooling measures intact, it is still worth reviewing the curbs as some may have become “redundant” given how effective the Total Debt Servicing Ratio (TDSR) has been in keeping prices in check.

That was the takeaway from a discussion at the annual National Real Estate Congress on Tuesday (Aug 12), where the panelists singled out the Seller’s Stamp Duty (SSD) and Additional Buyer’s Stamp Duty (ABSD) as measures worth reviewing.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/tweaks-to-property/1309188.html

property agents hope that we will start churning properties again.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
While real estate industry players understand the Government’s intention in keeping the property cooling measures intact, it is still worth reviewing the curbs as some may have become “redundant” given how effective the Total Debt Servicing Ratio (TDSR) has been in keeping prices in check.

That was the takeaway from a discussion at the annual National Real Estate Congress on Tuesday (Aug 12), where the panelists singled out the Seller’s Stamp Duty (SSD) and Additional Buyer’s Stamp Duty (ABSD) as measures worth reviewing.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/tweaks-to-property/1309188.html

property agents hope that we will start churning properties again.

The secondary takeaway from the discussion revealed conflict of interest aplenty.

Let's see who are those making the suggestions:
  1. "I think the Government should look at the earlier measures and review whether there’s any redundancy,” said Mr Dennis Yeo, managing director of property consultancy Colliers, who was one of the panelists.
  2. ERA’s key executive officer Eugene Lim singled out the SSD as a measure that has become unnecessary given that speculative activity in the local property market has declined.
  3. The panelists also suggested that ABSD for local buyers be either lowered or removed to allow Singaporeans to own their second properties.
  4. “Since TDSR is already preventing people from over-gearing, I don’t think tweaking ABSD for local buyers will cause prices to shoot up again. Developers also have a lot of stock to clear, so prices can’t shoot up,” said Mr Lim.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
RUN remembers the sheer arrogance of some rich property agents in recent years.

yeah me too....fucking useless bastards who add no value with their presence..............

i rather deal direct (and later settle through my lawyers)

....at least the lawyers are doing some real paperwork...........

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah me too....fucking useless bastards who add no value with their presence..............

i rather deal direct (and later settle through my lawyers)

....at least the lawyers are doing some real paperwork...........

You guys are ungrateful, without agents all your buying and selling would be like searching for a needle in the haystack and sifting through lots of useless information, before you find your dream home or buyer, you forget what actually brought you to the deal in the first place.

Your mentality is only from the time of meeting between the seller and buyer, yes I agree, the paperwork can be done by yourself, but that is not what you are paying the agents for, you should pay them for how you arrive at the deal in the first place....RUN, RUN....I shake my head.

Lawyer's paperwork is even less challenging and you are willing to pay.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
You guys are ungrateful, without agents all your buying and selling would be like searching for a needle in the haystack and sifting through lots of useless information, before you find your dream home or buyer, you forget what actually brought you to the deal in the first place.

Your mentality is only from the time of meeting between the seller and buyer, yes I agree, the paperwork can be done by yourself, but that is not what you are paying the agents for, you should pay them for how you arrive at the deal in the first place....RUN, RUN....I shake my head.

Hey XiBai i guess youre a real estate agent....fuck off from here you slimey greedy tool and take any other scum sucking colleagues with you.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

frankly speaking....... with websites like propertyguru, i dont see why i will need any agents' involvement.

in fact I think that as a prudent and fairly sophisticated property owner, you dont even need any agents to sell or to buy.......

having agents just complicate the whole deal process.,.......

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
frankly speaking....... with websites like propertyguru, i dont see why i will need any agents' involvement.

in fact I think that as a prudent and fairly sophisticated property owner, you dont even need any agents to sell or to buy.......

having agents just complicate the whole deal process.,.......

Wow you are getting dumber and dumber, who do you think searches for the properties by door knocking, begging and kneeling to get the listings and then puts the listings on PG and also pays the money for Propertyguru's existence?

Just shows how shallow you are...I don't blame you, the general public is.

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey XiBai i guess youre a real estate agent....fuck off from here you slimey greedy tool and take any other scum sucking colleagues with you.

I am not a practicing real estate agent but property investor, but I bother to go through the exams to get my license in order to get the best property information, this is how I bypass agents, not like some sour grape whiners who missed the boat.