• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property agents feeling the pinch as market cools

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you.. everyone is chasing for money and they do whatever to gets it... sigh...

Not pretty... People charge $150 per session you can charge cheaper like desker rd.. $30 or $50 per session...:biggrin:

Joking hor... I do know is very stress to live in Singapore... too competitive... Work like shit...:mad:

it breaks my heart but i think she is still happier than me. When i see her, it's always like there's a glass between us; looking at her outside her windows.

hahaha, sorry to sidetrack
[video=youtube;7RmgiSL1djg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RmgiSL1djg[/video]

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore property investors ‘waiting for prices to fall further’
http://www.opp-connect.com/29/04/20...-investors-waiting-for-prices-to-fall-further

“Property prices are indeed falling gradually across both residential and non-residential sector"
David Cheong, RE/MAX

“Caution rules the game, as sales volumes remain tepid.”
Alan Cheong, Savills Research

One example is the Sky Habitat condo in Singapore was launched in 2013 at average S$1747per square foot, but did not sell well, as it was considered highly-priced. Recently, it was relaunched at 1300-1500per square foot and 100 units were sold in less than two weeks.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My friend who's looking for landed house to house her big family said freehold houses in all areas are asking for at least 2 million+.

Another friend looking for hdb in centralized area near mrt said agents told her prices for such areas will not drop and cov still applies.

I think the real test comes if the abovementioned drop in prices.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend who's looking for landed house to house her big family said freehold houses in all areas are asking for at least 2 million+.

Another friend looking for hdb in centralized area near mrt said agents told her prices for such areas will not drop and cov still applies.

I think the real test comes if the abovementioned drop in prices.

sidetrack bro, let me intro a concept to you called "poor people eat expensive rice"

I just shared an example in another thread that is strikingly similar with your above examples:
FH/999 cluster house is about $2.5m = $600+psf
Hdb in centralized area near mrt = $600+ psf

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
What you do is futile. Your House only my show piece, when my client interested in your house I will talk cock and bush story eg. the house owner's family member died tragically and the house now is haunted, the fucking seller own bank a lot of $ the transaction may have problem etc. then I swing him to buy another unit that offer me a better commission, sorry it's part and parcel of this sordid business.

Frankly, if the owner "gaink" we can gaink better, if house owner friendly we sell his house faster!

How to sell your Residential Property

Wanna get the most out of your residential property? Well, here’re some strategies that you can consider

• Buyer is the one paying your property, not property agent. To close a deal, property agents must make you sell cheaper, so, do not expect a property agent to sing praises for your unit. In all honesty, they will tell you more shortcomings of your unit that than buyer; that is their job. Therefore, when they speak to you, bear in mind that they don’t love you.
  • I assure you that you will never get the best price for your unit when you appoint an exclusive agent. Exclusive agents can promise you the sun and the moon but once you appointed them as your exclusive agent, the game is half-won for them. In short, they have no incentive to protect your interests going forward. Always declare the sale of your unit, free-for-all / open for all agents. In this way, all the agents will have equal incentive to convince the buyers to offer a higher price, as much as they want you to lower selling price. In addition, you will get maximum exposure because you can get more agents to promote you unit online or in classified ads which will translate to greater buying interests.
  • Next, do a bit of homework when you price your unit. You just need to price the same as others initially (given the same size and level) and enquiries will naturally appear. No point putting up the lowest price because you are not selling shares in stock market. No two units are 100% similar, you can have the lowest list-price but the buyer will still visit other similar units in the same estate with a 3-10% budget tolerance for a more suitable choice because of hidden factors such as neighbours, facings, move-in condition,
  • Be firm about commission and confirms it before any viewing. It is only fair if you pay agent commissions but those who ask more than 1% are simply not respecting you. If your property is worth more than $2.5m, 0.5% commission is also acceptable. Don’t worry that you don’t know the paper work because you will always need to appoint a lawyer (not property agent) to close a property transaction and your lawyer will have some kind of templates/forms for you to close your sale. If you are lucky, maybe you will get to deal direct with buyer and save on commissions (but shrewd buyers will usually bring their own agents to get some kick-backs from the commission).
  • Usually it takes 3-6mths to offload a unit for the best price. To get some exposures initially; place small classified ads on newspapers for 2-3 consecutive weekends and gradually reduce to once a month. Property agents do maintain a large in-house database of available units so you don’t have to keep putting up ads.
  • Please organize weekend viewings at specific timings (eg 2-5pm). Most of the people viewing your units are not serious buyers. Some people are just hobbyist viewers. Please do not waste time accommodating to less-convenient timeslots because buying a property is not buying buns; serious buyers will genuinely wait to see your unit if they have already shortlisted your price/estate to make a more informed decision.
  • It is ok to accommodate second-viewing requests for serious buyers as the involvement of more family-members and friends can aid the buyer’s decision process. Of course, if the offer price is too much below your target price, then don’t waste time.
  • Agents need to smoke you, pressure you, lie to you to make you sell. Please understand that the agent only spends time smoking you because your unit has demand, therefore you must learn to ignore the criticisms and stories that they tell you. Just pay attention to price negotiations.
  • Property agents are going to start calling you during price negotiations. Property agents are taught to act busy and missed your calls because it will create anxiety. Likewise, you must also learn not to answer calls immediately from property agents who had begun negotiations with you to increase their anxiety. Many agents are very high-handed in their negotiations with you and for these jerks, just apologize to them politely for missing their calls because you were attending to another viewing earlier. Doing so, occasionally, will remind the rouge agents that their buyers are not the sole interested-party and all property agents hate missing out on closing deals if they are close.

Last edited:

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
What you do is futile. Your House only my show piece, when my client interested in your house I will talk cock and bush story eg. the house owner's family member died tragically and the house now is haunted, the fucking seller own bank a lot of $ the transaction may have problem etc. then I swing him to buy another unit that offer me a better commission, sorry it's part and parcel of this sordid business.

Chill bro, we are just discussing. You are entitled to your own opinions.
i believe you need to escape the ravages of your profession. Brother, there are better ways to do things. If you had fallen into a coma because of the bitterness in your work, you hardly able to recognize the sickness, let alone resist.

There are better ways to do things.
Don't be evil.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Frankly, if the owner "gaink" we can gaink better, if house owner friendly we sell his house faster!

That is why property agents command less respect than a prostitute.
It is because of people like you who give the job a bad name.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
no surprise.... all markets are alike manhood... most time is soft, cannot expect to erect all the time. when market hit all time high is like reaching orgasm. ejaculate liao also nng liao.

you and your soft cock theory.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal

You sound like a proper cunt.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well , one of my property agent friends had started doing MLM line of product. Now trying to recruit people doing it.

I have problem with MLM. Basically, it just network marketing. You get your down line to pay you and your up line is milking your success. There is a product involve. It is just passing the money around.

I hate people with such schemes and he keeps bugging me to join him, to expand his network. How can i resist him ?

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
CEA is the greatest, I can do what I like, don't get caught. So far so good. 2 more sales will contemplate of retirement. 2 deals are on the pipe line now, coffee on me in 10 weeks' time.

Chill bro, we are just discussing. You are entitled to your own opinions.
i believe you need to escape the ravages of your profession. Brother, there are better ways to do things. If you had fallen into a coma because of the bitterness in your work, you hardly able to recognize the sickness, let alone resist.

There are better ways to do things.
Don't be evil.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Blame it to ah yew lah! I only mimic him. 忠忠 直直終需乞吃, 故故怪怪一定賺晒!哀仔听老豆教啦,名誉几钱一斤?一舊云怎. 睡醒未,死仆街!

That is why property agents command less respect than a prostitute.
It is because of people like you who give the job a bad name.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is from my field report. In Bedok, higher floors were asking for $60-70K COV a year ago. Today, it is down to 5K Asking COV for higher floors + HDB valuations are lagging indicator, therefore is likely that higher floors will command $0 COV and negative COV for lower floors in 1H14. In the span of 12-months, buyers had saved $50K at least for matured estates based on Ask-Price.

Then when COV is near-zero or negative, even hdb will want to offload faster because people will just opt for resale because it is not really more expensive; buyers can choose location, choose floor, and even choose neighbours (which is an important consideration because you wouldn't want messy or over-tenanted besides your unit.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Singapore, for Sinkies, it is better to be a prostitute than to be poor.

笑穷不笑娼

This is what an OKT used to say. 笑穷不笑娼. He eats soft rice and feel no shame except he does not want his close associates to let his family members know he is OKT.