• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where to buy a line conditioner in Singapore?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know that audiophiles use them but I'm actually looking for one to protect an electrical device. A WBV unit which I will be importing. It's expensive so I want to take precautions against dirty power.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Belkin brand got sell mah..........got guarantee some more, pay you back if your equipment kaput......bigger ones around 100 bucks.....

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Look no further than an UniQue shop on the 2nd LeveL of Funan Ctr.They can either seLL or customise whateVer
to do with wires'/Lines' stuff you want to Configure..forgotten it's Name though.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Belkin brand got sell mah..........got guarantee some more, pay you back if your equipment kaput......bigger ones around 100 bucks.....

I think you are referring to Belkins surge protectors that look like this http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...kin+surge+protectors&sprefix=belkin+s,aps,417
Surge suppressor protect your electrical equipment from sudden spikes in the power like lightning.

While a line conditioner regulates the power. Evening out the power by compensating for brown outs(drop in voltage) or spikes(sudden increase).

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The AC output in SG is quite stable. Can a normal computer UPS do the job?

Really don't know:confused:

A UPS will cut in if there is an interruption in the power supply, but don't know if it will clean the power from sudden drops or spikes?
Maybe it depends on the design of the UPS.?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look no further than an UniQue shop on the 2nd LeveL of Funan Ctr.They can either seLL or customise whateVer
to do with wires'/Lines' stuff you want to Configure..forgotten it's Name though.

Thanks will check them out when I visit the Audio stores at Adelphi

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not an engineer they look very industrial.
Will probably have to give them a call to find out more.
Thanks .

However I'll check 1st with Sim Lim Sq, Sim Lim Tower, Adelphi & Funan.

Look? Boss sam will tell you not waste on look. Looks r deception. Otherwise pay for a diamond studded casing.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
line conditioner makes power amp sound worse, pls do not use it for high end hifi.
i doubt cheap one can protect your electronic equipment if a bolt of lighting hit your house.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A line conditioner acts to regulate the power. Evening out sudden power drops(brown outs) & spikes. So how would that make amps sound worse:confused:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A line conditioner acts to regulate the power. Evening out sudden power drops(brown outs) & spikes. So how would that make amps sound worse:confused:

why not get the Tripp-Lite you found since it's not so expensive then partner it with a good transformer for local voltage ?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset