• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Death of an Ex RI Boy with no next of kin

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
some sinkies are too proud to be a taxi driver, they think they are atas and dun belong to this category.

i met a driver driving maxi cab, had an accountancy degree from canada. apparently, he didn't like the desk bound routine and prefer driving a taxi, both of us were lamenting about going to migrate.

i was brought up to believe that one must take up all kinds of decent jobs, no discrimnation. but in our sinkie society, it doesn;t work like that. you have to be a private banker and drive a merz to consider successful in the eyes of your peers.

Nothing wrong in driving a cab if one chooses to.....it's a decent living better than those vile conmen in white.

But you sound like the pap propaganda mouthpiece.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
i believe in destiny, some pple enjoyed when they were young and later in life have to pay back. some are borne too smart and become crooks.

i also believe that personal upbringing is more important than academic achievement. i have seen numerous risk taking characters become successful in life whereas the more mundane ones just work 9 to 5 desk bound jobs...

Not totally correct. You are what you are in life depends on "connection". No examples needed. Who can be a General? Who can be a Minister? Who got the contract? Who can be top businessmen? It happens in every country. You don't need to be ex-RI boy if you got connection to climb up. You can be from aw tak school but with connection behind you, you go up. Meritocracy does not exist.

Look at boleh land. Is it meritocracy, bumiputraism or connection? Connection can only set you up on the road for your life journey but how you travel on that road to success or failure depends on your skill, behaviour, etc. Some say you need to porlumpar to stay on the road. Some say be careful not to offend the "God" to stay on the road.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Toh Tuck Secondary ... the best lah !!:o

Long ago, during Primary 6, my form teacher used to scare / motivate us by saying: "Study hard and do well for PSLE and you can go to top schools like RI, SJI, Victoria. If you do badly, you will be posted to schools like Toh Tuck and Chestnut Drive."

I missed out going to Toh Tuck...."the best lah!" No thanks to my form teacher. :mad:

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
An RI boy is least likely to make it in our new World. They're all bookworms and nothing else.

Well, this Chung Cheng and ACJC old boy and bookworm made it big. :wink:

lty.jpg

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
No! No! No! SJI better many ministools came from there. On the other hand my RI neighbour boy failed badly in sec 4 and signed on in the army as a technician.

ACS...??? Nye..Teo chee hian, Adrain Lim ( Toa Payoh ritual killer) also from this school...

Good meh..????

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have a lot of things to say about this. i have a friend who topped his primary school, even to the extent that he got gold trophy for his academic studies, went to SAP school and later in life have to jump bail and run road to china. another friend, ex RI boy, i think studied too much and turned berserk, now hanging around and not working. i believe in destiny, some pple enjoyed when they were young and later in life have to pay back. some are borne too smart and become crooks.
my neighbour, same story as my 1st friend mentioned, got medals and trophies for academic achievement in primary school, in the end turned crazy.

i also believe that personal upbringing is more important than academic achievement. i have seen numerous risk taking characters become successful in life whereas the more mundane ones just work 9 to 5 desk bound jobs...

I don't go around asking people which school they are from but I do know 2 from RI. One went to jail for graft & the other is now a Canadian citizen. He & his brother studied in Canada & never returned. They plan to sponsor their parents when his father retires from his teaching job in Spore.

Although his father is one of the 60% he doesn't support the PAP. He only votes for them because he is a teacher & as a teacher he will lose his job if he doesn't vote PAP:rolleyes:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Long ago, during Primary 6, my form teacher used to scare / motivate us by saying: "Study hard and do well for PSLE and you can go to top schools like RI, SJI, Victoria. If you do badly, you will be posted to schools like Toh Tuck and Chestnut Drive."

I missed out going to Toh Tuck...."the best lah!" No thanks to my form teacher. :mad:

VS was not a good school during my time.
The school was next to new world and many were SS members.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Although his father is one of the 60% he doesn't support the PAP. He only votes for them because he is a teacher & as a teacher he will lose his job if he doesn't vote PAP:rolleyes:

This is like saying you smoked weed but did not inhale.
I would say its his karna to have sons like that.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
He only votes for them because he is a teacher & as a teacher he will lose his job if he doesn't vote PAP:rolleyes:

It is this psychological fear that made many older sinkies voted again and again for PAP. Fear that the vote is not secret; you will be punished for not voting PAP. The advent of the internet changed the younger sinkies' mindset. Now, to those sinkies it is lanjiao to you if I don't want to vote PAP.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It is this psychological fear that made many older sinkies voted again and again for PAP. Fear that the vote is not secret; you will be punished for not voting PAP. The advent of the internet changed the younger sinkies' mindset. Now, to those sinkies it is lanjiao to you if I don't want to vote PAP.

Singaporeans will be punished if they don't vote for the PAP because they'll then end up being governed by idiots and Singapore will go down hill rapidly.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I'm not sure the fear is groundless. I have heard from others about some family members losing their job because of who they didn't vote for.

Unfortunately the older generation ignored LKY's excesses because in exchange they claimed he provided good gov't.:rolleyes: We are all seeing the result of years of LKY's good governed :rolleyes:.
Unfortunately the burden now falls on the newer generation to rectify the mistakes made by their elders.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm not sure the fear is groundless. I have heard from others about some family members losing their job because of who they didn't vote for.

Unfortunately the older generation ignored LKY's excesses because in exchange they claimed he provided good gov't.:rolleyes: We are all seeing the result of years of LKY's good governed :rolleyes:.
Unfortunately the burden now falls on the newer generation to rectify the mistakes made by their elders.

You are a gong cheebye if you believe that.
If voting is not secret as implied by you then 39.9% sent to gulag liao.