• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Death of an Ex RI Boy with no next of kin

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard this sad story and was wondering if this is something that is becoming prevalent now.

As we know, RI takes in the best students from every public school after PSLE each year. He was one of them. To cut along story short, he was found dead, alone and jobless for a long while. He took his own life. The Police used his cell phone to call around and found someone who recognised him as his ex schoolmate and a school footballer. This ex-schoolmate then rallied the rest of his ex-schoolmates who readily agreed to share the cost of the funeral.

I also heard that RI boys annual reunions which are a regular thing have by word of mouth agreed not to discuss about employment or where the live in view of some becoming unemployed or underemployed.

How our society has changed? By the way this story should be known by those in top ranks of our society as they contributed to the funeral.

If an Ri boy can't make it in our new World, who can?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chow cheebye screwball no names mentioned nothing at all who do we know this RI boy is?

Look if you want to talk about employment or whether being in an elite school gurantees you success in life of course not. The only guarantee in life is death and taxes. Must be really humbling for a jobless ex RI boy to go yes i was from RI and i am jobless now but still does not guarantee anything.

BTW let's look at your story title again. Death of an RI boy with no next of kin. Then you ask is this becoming prevalent.

Honestly what do you mean by this? Do you mean to say that all because someone comes from RI he is supposed to have his next of kin living?

So someone that comes from an elite school is supposed to have his next of kin still alive or he should know who they are assuming he isn't an orphan or a loner.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Prince is right all along! Even with the best of education, sinkies cannot make it. More proofs it is betterer to import all and sundry than to waste money on these bozos. Throw open the gates i say and roll out the welcome mat for all our foreign friends!

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Coloured_Crest.jpg

Auspicium Melioris Aevi :" Hope Of A Better Age."

Nothing much to hope for nowadays...........since that Catholic High/NJC dalek took over

Dalek_063.jpg

Dalek with no heart and no soul........

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did he go to university and/or had a professional vocation?

Our world class education system has churned out and relegated some 35,000 diploma and degree holders as taxi drivers.

With some help, This poor boy could have just make an honest living driving a cab instead of meeting his maker so soon.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the past four decades,the PAP Govt had over-focussed on the professions such as lawyers,doctors,accountants and engineers as symbols of success in our materialistic society.They have neglected to promote that vocational professions such as a chef,designer or tradesman can also be symbols of success in our materialistic society.
Don't forget,the success of our materialistic society is measured by the PAP Govt based on GDP and Income and not on Happiness and Quality of Life (Wellbeing) our our citizens.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How old was this fella?

I have met a few fuck ups from elite schools. They are very intelligent but seem to pathological problems like lying or/and gambling. It's strange.. but intelligent people are also very prone to addictive behaviour.

KNNBNBCB

Alfrescian
Loyal
How old was this fella?

I have met a few fuck ups from elite schools. They are very intelligent but seem to pathological problems like lying or/and gambling. It's strange.. but intelligent people are also very prone to addictive behaviour.

Infamous RI alumni

Ming Yi gay-monk, Durai golden tap peanut charity cheat, Kong Hee conster.

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have a lot of things to say about this. i have a friend who topped his primary school, even to the extent that he got gold trophy for his academic studies, went to SAP school and later in life have to jump bail and run road to china. another friend, ex RI boy, i think studied too much and turned berserk, now hanging around and not working. i believe in destiny, some pple enjoyed when they were young and later in life have to pay back. some are borne too smart and become crooks.
my neighbour, same story as my 1st friend mentioned, got medals and trophies for academic achievement in primary school, in the end turned crazy.

i also believe that personal upbringing is more important than academic achievement. i have seen numerous risk taking characters become successful in life whereas the more mundane ones just work 9 to 5 desk bound jobs...

Last edited:

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
some sinkies are too proud to be a taxi driver, they think they are atas and dun belong to this category.

i met a driver driving maxi cab, had an accountancy degree from canada. apparently, he didn't like the desk bound routine and prefer driving a taxi, both of us were lamenting about going to migrate.

i was brought up to believe that one must take up all kinds of decent jobs, no discrimnation. but in our sinkie society, it doesn;t work like that. you have to be a private banker and drive a merz to consider successful in the eyes of your peers.

Our world class education system has churned out and relegated some 35,000 diploma and degree holders as taxi drivers.

With some help, This poor boy could have just make an honest living driving a cab instead of meeting his maker so soon.