• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HK movie industry dead?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So far i don't think any HK movie has been shown in cinemas this year?

While hollywood movies still continue to be churned out.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is showing in cinemas frankly it looks lame

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TuaN34ngSD0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jw5

Loyal
Presumably they are showing in theatres in HK in 2014.
This proves that the HK movie industry is alive and kicking.
Likely that the HK producers would be far more interested in whether the movies would be screened in China and Taiwan than in SG.

Are they screening in singapore?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hk movie industry is not dead but its past its prime heyday.
The mob trend came and went, as with the Wong Fei Hung era....they need a new trend to jump start the industry.
Also no megastars and directors of previous years to prop the industry up.
Suprisingly canto dramas still going strong despite the competition from Korean, Chinese serials

Last edited:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far i don't think any HK movie has been shown in cinemas this year?

While hollywood movies still continue to be churned out.

not shown early this year, from LA to Macau, starring chow fatt fatt. nothing to shout about movie though.

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
not bad lah...just think silly, and you will laugh more, no need to be serious and too nit picking all the time. director wong jing some more, why bother?

This is showing in cinemas frankly it looks lame

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TuaN34ngSD0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Likely that the HK producers would be far more interested in whether the movies would be screened in China and Taiwan than in SG.

I see but well as you know if the movie isn't screened in singapore doesn't this mean it really isn't popular enough? After all singapore does have quite a fan base of HK movies.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are right, dont think HK is interested in Spore and Mudland market,,,there are heaps of movies and their production is getting better,,,I was quite impress with the Detective Dee movie, it shows they have matured unlike in spore,,just coming up with those easy simple Jack neo stuff with more or less the same theme...but cant really blame local movie industry for being like that as pap wants control and any contraversial cannot show as its against pappies,,with such regulations,,how can movie industry grow? Even the drama is shit compared to TVB and TVB is not as popular as it use to be due to lack of competition within HK. But I watch some trailers of ATV shows and its quite impressive,,,so in HK its still developing whereas in spore is dead.