• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Get New Hard Disk Can Use Current Desktop Longer ?

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i no know such things hor.............so must ask you I.T. experts...............

if i buy a new INTERNAL Hard Disk to replace the one in my desktop (after transfer all data and OS from old hard disk to new hard disk).......i can use my desktop longer right ?:confused:

what if i get a new EXTERNAL Hard Disk (after transfer all data and OS from old hard disk to external hard disk) so the external hard disk is essentially replacing the internal one................can be done ? :confused::confused:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
the harddisk is a pc of coated disk.. the coating gets wear and tear. removing data from there and storing elsewhere is good practise. reducing the fats on the harddisk is also good practise. but end of the day it is still about the lifespan of the harddisk.

apart from storing in external drives, you can consider cloud storage.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
what if i get a new EXTERNAL Hard Disk (after transfer all data and OS from old hard disk to external hard disk) so the external hard disk is essentially replacing the internal one................can be done ? :confused::confused:

You can do that as long as your OS can boot from an external hard disk.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i no know such things hor.............so must ask you I.T. experts...............

if i buy a new INTERNAL Hard Disk to replace the one in my desktop (after transfer all data and OS from old hard disk to new hard disk).......i can use my desktop longer right ?:confused:

I find external disk very very slow. Only use for backups. Get internal SSD.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal

u shld burn all your computers , because they manufactured by megacorps who are connected to rothschild , and they all spy on you because
u r very smart n important

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You should just backup your hard disk to a 128MB thumb drive, cos that is all your brain can process. LOL!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... if i buy a new INTERNAL Hard Disk to replace the one in my desktop (after transfer all data and OS from old hard disk to new hard disk).......i can use my desktop longer right ?:confused: ...
ur desktop is not made up of a hard disk oni ...

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why dont u just replace the internal hard disk? More cheaper.
If you want to boot from external hard disk is more expensive and slower speed. And you need to change the PC bios setting and also cable.
So no one do this way. But it will work with slower speed and more expensive and extra cable.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
at 1st glance, thought this is a nelson tan kind of thread.... hard dick, can last longer.... sorry. my bad. :p

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why dont u just replace the internal hard disk? More cheaper.
If you want to boot from external hard disk is more expensive and slower speed. And you need to change the PC bios setting and also cable.
So no one do this way. But it will work with slower speed and more expensive and extra cable.

yeah.............getting new internal hard disk is the way to go...............thanks ah.........

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
other failures on your motherboard commonly may arise, so even if you have a SSD also no point.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
other failures on your motherboard commonly may arise, so even if you have a SSD also no point.

i know but hard disk most prone to failure mah...........got moving parts.........other parts as long as cooling is good should last quite long...........that's why i always buy slowest PC........less heat and cheaper........

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i know but hard disk most prone to failure mah...........got moving parts.........other parts as long as cooling is good should last quite long...........that's why i always buy slowest PC........less heat and cheaper........

Exactly, cheaper and slowest. Tat's you. LOL!