• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Famous Eurasians in Singapore history ......

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Those of the Magness' roots; where You can stiLL can View a spraLLing compound fm No.1 to 3 aLOng NaLLur Road.
The Magness House.Must be worth at Least $30 miLs at this current market's vaLue..

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Uh mark n brian richmond?

Brian is a pure-blooded Englishman, dumped by his English expat parents after they separated. Was brought up by a Malay makcik in JB. That's why he speaks better Malay than English.

Mark Richmond is Eurasian – ang mo father (Brian), Chinese mum.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jeremy Monteiro, world-class jazz musician
Jean Danker, DJ
Vernetta Lopex, DJ
Andrea De Cruz, liver transplant recipient:smile:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was this charcoal black student in my school bus in Primary Six with a Scottish surname. When I asked him whether he was Indian, he said no, he is Christian! Bugger failed his PSLE twice and didn't make it to secondary school.

Cheers!

Wonder if AnyOne Knows that there is ActuaLLy a diff cLass of 'White Eurasians' & their Darker Counterparts; just
by Knowing their SurNames ..:cool:
:cool:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was this charcoal black student in my school bus in Primary Six with a Scottish surname. When I asked him whether he was Indian, he said no, he is Christian! Bugger failed his PSLE twice and didn't make it to secondary school.

There are many Christian Indians here with Anglicised/European names who are not Eurasians. Most have ancestors coming from Kerala (Syrian Christians), Tamil Nadu (Anglicans & Catholics) and Goa (Catholics). In the early days of colonization in India, missionaries usually insisted on natives dropping their native names entirely and adopting Western Christian names.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some more Eurasians:

Yvonne Cornelius, S'pore sprinter
Hamish Brown, DJ
Melanie Martens, S'pore's greatest school hockey player
Mark van Cuylenburg a.k.a Flying Dutchman, DJ

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does he count as Eurasian?

Frederick Benjamin de Souza (1918 – 1964), a lawyer by profession was Singapore 's leading marksman in the 1950s and early 60s. Nicknamed “Bulls Eye Fred”, he was an illustrious competitor in small bore shooting.

"There are many Christian Indians here with Anglicised/European names who are not Eurasians." by Yellow Arse.
Sadly many of these CI tends to pass themselves off as true blooded Eurasian compare to their original ethniciity.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
David Marshall is my Favorite Jew.

He and LKY are like seasoned loving couples who argued alot all the time.

Without David Marshall and JB Jeyaratnam, SGP will not be Lumber One!!!

Last edited:

Rushwind

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tessensohn
Herman Hochstadt
Elizabeth Eber (wife of the previous chief justice)

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh, thanks for your explanation. This guy's blood is very likely to be Tamil then. But speaks english (or rather, kampong singlish). I visited his home a couple of times and remember his family members were more Indian in looks but without any trace of Tamil or Indian culture/practice. Father, brothers and him were all ardent english football fans.

Cheers!

There are many Christian Indians here with Anglicised/European names who are not Eurasians. Most have ancestors coming from Kerala (Syrian Christians), Tamil Nadu (Anglicans & Catholics) and Goa (Catholics). In the early days of colonization in India, missionaries usually insisted on natives dropping their native names entirely and adopting Western Christian names.