• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Uncle got hantam by King Kong Bundy on bus while passengers eat popcorn

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bashed on bus by 120kg man
<small class="clear">Friday, March 28, 2014 - 09:13
</small>Tan Tam Mei
The New Paper

20140328_sph-kumar_kumar.jpg

Mr Kumar, who went to hospital after the attack on the bus, got six days' medical leave for his swollen cheek and forehead, and bruises on his neck.

SINGAPORE - She asked for help, but no one stepped forward or even uttered a word.

Mr Kumar, 45, and his wife, Madam Jaya, 46, were on their way home when he was physically assaulted by a passenger on board SBS Transit bus service 12.

His wife tried asking other passengers for help but no one, including the bus driver, responded, they claimed.

The incident happened on Monday at about 9.30pm.

Mr Kumar, a security base controller, and Madam Jaya, a teacher, had just finished their dinner at White Sands Shopping Centre and boarded their usual bus to go home from the Pasir Ris bus interchange. The couple have been living in Pasir Ris for almost 20 years.

Madam Jaya took a seat near the driver and Mr Kumar had just boarded when another passenger hurriedly got on the bus.

Mr Kumar said: "He ran up the bus and started swearing.
He also smelled strongly of alcohol."

The man, whom the couple describe as being in his late 40s, tall and big-sized, asked why Mr Kumar was staring at him.

Said Mr Kumar: "So I asked who he was swearing at. He said he was swearing at the bus driver. Then he started asking: 'Why, not happy is it?' I knew he was just looking for trouble."

Mr Kumar tried to ignore the man, who continued to provoke him by challenging him to alight at the next stop to fight.

The couple then threatened to call the police. At this, the man lunged towards Mr Kumar, who was standing next to the driver.

He punched Mr Kumar in the face, head and shoulders, and continued hitting him even when Mr Kumar fell.

Mr Kumar said: "I was so shocked, I couldn't take him on. He looked to be about 120kg and I'm only 60kg."

His wife got out of her seat to ask other passengers for help, but none responded, she said. Madam Jaya said there were about five people seated on the lower deck of the bus.

"They didn't react at all, it was like they were watching a movie. No one, not even the driver, tried to help. He just continued driving and didn't stop the bus," she said.

The whole episode lasted less than 10 minutes and the man got off at the next stop.

"The man alighted and walked away as if nothing had happened. It was only then that the bus driver made a call for help," said Mr Kumar.

The couple made a police report at the Pasir Ris Neighbourhood Police Centre. Mr Kumar said he also went for a check-up at Changi General Hospital and received six days' medical leave for his swollen cheek and forehead, and bruises on his neck.

He said: "If the bus driver had intervened, such things might not have happened."

His wife added: "They (the passengers) don't need to intervene physically. Even if they had shouted at the man to stop, or called the police, that would have helped."

The police confirmed that a report was lodged, and are looking into the matter.

Ms Tammy Tan, senior vice-president of corporate communications at SBS Transit, said the bus captain tried to contact the Operations Control Centre after Mr Kumar requested assistance. But there was a problem with the connection and Mr Kumar alighted before assistance could be rendered.

This article by The New Paper was published in MyPaper, a free, bilingual newspaper published by Singapore Press Holdings.

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Malay uncle got hantam by King Kong Bundy on bus while passengers eat popcorn

...said the bus captain tried to contact the Operations Control Centre after Mr Kumar requested assistance. But there was a problem with the connection and Mr Kumar alighted before assistance could be rendered.

does any thing work properly on our public transport anymore?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Malay uncle got hantam by King Kong Bundy on bus while passengers eat popcorn

Never pick a fight with a fat man.

[video=youtube;FiwoSX3NstA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiwoSX3NstA[/video]

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Nothing wrong leh...all de while pappies work like tat huan mah...perfectly in line with "chiu die chiu business" policy...:biggrin::biggrin:

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

WTF happened to the CCTV on the fucking bus?

only useful when chee soon juan gets on board and the ISD needs to know where he buys his toilet paper only is it?

fuck you PAP!!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

victim is mr kumar = shit skin so not a single fuck was given. :biggrin::kma:

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is a case of a drunken Chinese attacking an Indian. I presume the bus driver is a mainland Chinese who did not want to get involved. My conclusion is this is a racist incident. With the CCTV on board the bus as well as in the White Sands shopping centre, the police should be able to track down the assailant. The next step would be to ban liquor in Pasir Ris.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is a case of a drunken Chinese attacking an Indian. I presume the bus driver is a mainland Chinese who did not want to get involved. My conclusion is this is a racist incident. With the CCTV on board the bus as well as in the White Sands shopping centre, the police should be able to track down the assailant. The next step would be to ban liquor in Pasir Ris.

No mention of the race of the attacker.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

you relying on this bunch har?????

2013-05-08 18.50.32.jpg

they are either sleeping or hiding behind some ambulance or van..........

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow! u suspect then who confirm may I ask? :rolleyes:

suspect this suspect that, knn thinking all sort of nonsense u wanna think.

Wake up from ur fantasy and go wank ya loser

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

WTF happened to the CCTV on the fucking bus?

only useful when chee soon juan gets on board and the ISD needs to know where he buys his toilet paper only is it?

fuck you PAP!!

I think the CCTVs inside the bus are only meant for humsup bus drivers to monitor tits and ass. :wink:

It's just one of the few perks for a shitty dead end job.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C

lol 1....haven't heard that name in years....

lol 2 ....dont ask.....it may cause another round of fare increases.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I think the CCTVs inside the bus are only meant for humsup bus drivers to monitor tits and ass. :wink:

It's just one of the few perks for a shitty dead end job.

you mean our so called "bus captains" are in shitty dead end jobs bro???

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should give Kumar some stout. He will transform into Ultraman.

Bashed on bus by 120kg man
<small class="clear">Friday, March 28, 2014 - 09:13
</small>Tan Tam Mei
The New Paper

20140328_sph-kumar_kumar.jpg

Mr Kumar, who went to hospital after the attack on the bus, got six days' medical leave for his swollen cheek and forehead, and bruises on his neck.

SINGAPORE - She asked for help, but no one stepped forward or even uttered a word.

Mr Kumar, 45, and his wife, Madam Jaya, 46, were on their way home when he was physically assaulted by a passenger on board SBS Transit bus service 12.

His wife tried asking other passengers for help but no one, including the bus driver, responded, they claimed.

The incident happened on Monday at about 9.30pm.

Mr Kumar, a security base controller, and Madam Jaya, a teacher, had just finished their dinner at White Sands Shopping Centre and boarded their usual bus to go home from the Pasir Ris bus interchange. The couple have been living in Pasir Ris for almost 20 years.

Madam Jaya took a seat near the driver and Mr Kumar had just boarded when another passenger hurriedly got on the bus.

Mr Kumar said: "He ran up the bus and started swearing.
He also smelled strongly of alcohol."

The man, whom the couple describe as being in his late 40s, tall and big-sized, asked why Mr Kumar was staring at him.

Said Mr Kumar: "So I asked who he was swearing at. He said he was swearing at the bus driver. Then he started asking: 'Why, not happy is it?' I knew he was just looking for trouble."

Mr Kumar tried to ignore the man, who continued to provoke him by challenging him to alight at the next stop to fight.

The couple then threatened to call the police. At this, the man lunged towards Mr Kumar, who was standing next to the driver.

He punched Mr Kumar in the face, head and shoulders, and continued hitting him even when Mr Kumar fell.

Mr Kumar said: "I was so shocked, I couldn't take him on. He looked to be about 120kg and I'm only 60kg."

His wife got out of her seat to ask other passengers for help, but none responded, she said. Madam Jaya said there were about five people seated on the lower deck of the bus.

"They didn't react at all, it was like they were watching a movie. No one, not even the driver, tried to help. He just continued driving and didn't stop the bus," she said.

The whole episode lasted less than 10 minutes and the man got off at the next stop.

"The man alighted and walked away as if nothing had happened. It was only then that the bus driver made a call for help," said Mr Kumar.

The couple made a police report at the Pasir Ris Neighbourhood Police Centre. Mr Kumar said he also went for a check-up at Changi General Hospital and received six days' medical leave for his swollen cheek and forehead, and bruises on his neck.

He said: "If the bus driver had intervened, such things might not have happened."

His wife added: "They (the passengers) don't need to intervene physically. Even if they had shouted at the man to stop, or called the police, that would have helped."

The police confirmed that a report was lodged, and are looking into the matter.

Ms Tammy Tan, senior vice-president of corporate communications at SBS Transit, said the bus captain tried to contact the Operations Control Centre after Mr Kumar requested assistance. But there was a problem with the connection and Mr Kumar alighted before assistance could be rendered.

This article by The New Paper was published in MyPaper, a free, bilingual newspaper published by Singapore Press Holdings.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The attacker might have mistaken Kumar for a FTsh ah neh who dared to question him. Since he tu lang all FT ah nehs as trouble makers in SG, the elephant just got angry and charged at the victim. All ah nehs look the same to the elephant.

kapkia

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

lol 1....haven't heard that name in years....

lol 2 ....dont ask.....it may cause another round of fare increases.

Fare increase is good for people like you. .

Get a kapkia ok.. or u will ended up kena bashed by ah nehs.. lol lol...