• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why is CP asking for more men in public instead of talking to DPM Teo?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don’t know if anyone noticed that the Little India COI has been bending over backwards to assure the cops that they are all on the same side, with no clash of commissioners, so to speak ,given that ex-Commissioner Tee Tua Ba is on the COI.

In fact, it’s funny that Commissioner Ng Joo Hee brought up a little known riot in 1985 between Korean and Thai workers at a construction site as an example of the cops “holding the ground’’. That was when Mr Tee was the top cop on site.

In any case, is that riot a surprise to you? It was to me. CP Ng said that it was not widely known because the Internet and social media weren’t in place then. And it was confined to a construction site.

I wonder what else we don’t know about this place we live. Well, we do know that there are not enough policemen on the beat, or boots on the ground. We don’t need the cops to tell us that.

CP Ng actually made a plea for 1,000 more cops to beef up a police force that didn’t grow in pace with the population. You have to ask yourself: How come no one sounded the alarm all this time? The complacency of citizens notwithstanding, there must surely be enough experts to say that one cop to 614 people is way below the international benchmarks? So how is it that no MP or politician made this point? We worry so much about not re-producing to fill the ranks of the Singapore Armed Forces, but we spare nary a thought for the boys and girls in blue.

Perhaps, we thought that beyond Singapore being a safe enough place already, there is technology to make up for human shortfall. Looks like we still need “people’’, never mind if Singapore is going to have 100,000 cameras all round the island. Yup. One hundred thousand, according to the CP. And policemen will have body cameras, and their cars will be camera equipped too.

Still, here is the CP saying: Men no enough.

Another interesting point: the COI raised concern that the presence of large numbers of foreigners, or rather, foreign communities, is itself troubling. It’s talking about animosity among the communities, not necessarily directed at the “indigenous’’ population. It’s talking about communities bringing their cultures, customs, politics and historical baggage with them. Already, the Little India COI has heard bits and pieces about how the Bangladeshis and Indians don’t quite like each other. You have to wonder about the foreign worker dormitories where hundreds of them live under one roof.

Methinks for us locals, we always look at “troubles’’ among foreign workers as nothing to do with us. So, they fight among themselves. Okay. Just don’t try anything funny with us… I suppose that’s the wrong approach to take. Whatever happens in the dorms might well spill into other dorms – and further afield.

What the CP said about Geylang is troubling. He actually used the word “lawless’’ to describe the atmosphere that pervades Singapore’s foremost red light district. Besides workers from China, other foreign nationalities also congregate there, an area with a disproportionately high number of crimes (135 compared to Little India’s 83) and public order offences committed (49 compared to 25). Never mind that 100,000 foreign workers descend on Little India every weekend, going by the statistics, they are a tame nuisance compared to those who throng Geylang’s lorongs with their sale of sex and drugs.

Other things we didn’t know: the Geylang patrons open animosity towards the cops, assaults on police officers and vandalism of at least one patrol car in the area. Now, it makes you wonder why if the police were tracking Geylang, it was never brought to anyone’s notice before that they were so short-handed? Is this to preserve Singapore’s image as a safe city?

CP Ng did a superb balancing act at the COI: He defended his men’s performance while acknowledging screw-ups, such as the lack of communication that night and the slow response time to activate the Special Operations Command. He promised rectification.

That is as a leader should do.

So, can we just give the man his men?

- http://berthahenson.wordpress.com/2014/03/26/wanted-more-lawmen/

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is saying nothing just for nothing. Typical talk. In the end he will be forced to resign and Teo will still stay in power.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So short of men, yet crime rates keep dropping. I dont understand. Obviously, police presence is not needed to deter crimes and criminals.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is saying nothing just for nothing. Typical talk. In the end he will be forced to resign and Teo will still stay in power.

What do you think...what do you think?? is the CP starting to thinking?? soon he will be thinking...how come I am not the CP anymore...what do you think??

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Something wrong right asking public or court for more manpower.
SPF just all BoChap from top down.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you think...what do you think?? is the CP starting to thinking?? soon he will be thinking...how come I am not the CP anymore...what do you think??

He better transfer his money to a Swiss bank and run when he can. Does he not know Ng BG?

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Bertha is blind. Everybody knows that the SPF is short-handed. If not, why did the SPF push away everything people reported to them; when car accidents, SPF said not my problem, when somebody slashes, they asked you to make a magistrate report etc.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So short of men, yet crime rates keep dropping. I dont understand. Obviously, police presence is not needed to deter crimes and criminals.

crime statistics are all fudgeable. for example, a passenger whacking a taxi driver can be considered a customer-provider issue. :wink:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Bertha is blind. Everybody knows that the SPF is short-handed. If not, why did the SPF push away everything people reported to them; when car accidents, SPF said not my problem, when somebody slashes, they asked you to make a magistrate report etc.

that's why I say the SAF has it too easy. Time for paper generals to spend time in SPF.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
smart ass .......... he wants to be shoved into early retirement with a golden car parking lot plus 200 company directorships. Look at Wong Kan Seng - screwed up on the job but now ahappy bum.

The MHA seems to burn his useless Workplan Sessions which bred NATO officers

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
smart ass .......... he wants to be shoved into early retirement with a golden car parking lot plus 200 company directorships. Look at Wong Kan Seng - screwed up on the job but now ahappy bum.

The MHA seems to burn his useless Workplan Sessions which bred NATO officers

Wong Kan Seng married into the Familee. This poodle nerd scholar has nothing substantial to fall back on; nothing to grant him immunity from being a scapegoat.

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don’t know if anyone noticed that the Little India COI has been bending over backwards to assure the cops that they are all on the same side, with no clash of commissioners, so to speak ,given that ex-Commissioner Tee Tua Ba is on the COI.
In fact, it’s funny that Commissioner Ng Joo Hee brought up a little known riot in 1985 between Korean and Thai workers at a construction site as an example of the cops “holding the ground’’. That was when Mr Tee was the top cop on site.
In any case, is that riot a surprise to you? It was to me. CP Ng said that it was not widely known because the Internet and social media weren’t in place then. And it was confined to a construction site.
I wonder what else we don’t know about this place we live. Well, we do know that there are not enough policemen on the beat, or boots on the ground. We don’t need the cops to tell us that.
CP Ng actually made a plea for 1,000 more cops to beef up a police force that didn’t grow in pace with the population. You have to ask yourself: How come no one sounded the alarm all this time? The complacency of citizens notwithstanding, there must surely be enough experts to say that one cop to 614 people is way below the international benchmarks? So how is it that no MP or politician made this point? We worry so much about not re-producing to fill the ranks of the Singapore Armed Forces, but we spare nary a thought for the boys and girls in blue.
Perhaps, we thought that beyond Singapore being a safe enough place already, there is technology to make up for human shortfall. Looks like we still need “people’’, never mind if Singapore is going to have 100,000 cameras all round the island. Yup. One hundred thousand, according to the CP. And policemen will have body cameras, and their cars will be camera equipped too.
Still, here is the CP saying: Men no enough.
Another interesting point: the COI raised concern that the presence of large numbers of foreigners, or rather, foreign communities, is itself troubling. It’s talking about animosity among the communities, not necessarily directed at the “indigenous’’ population. It’s talking about communities bringing their cultures, customs, politics and historical baggage with them. Already, the Little India COI has heard bits and pieces about how the Bangladeshis and Indians don’t quite like each other. You have to wonder about the foreign worker dormitories where hundreds of them live under one roof.
Methinks for us locals, we always look at “troubles’’ among foreign workers as nothing to do with us. So, they fight among themselves. Okay. Just don’t try anything funny with us… I suppose that’s the wrong approach to take. Whatever happens in the dorms might well spill into other dorms – and further afield.
What the CP said about Geylang is troubling. He actually used the word “lawless’’ to describe the atmosphere that pervades Singapore’s foremost red light district. Besides workers from China, other foreign nationalities also congregate there, an area with a disproportionately high number of crimes (135 compared to Little India’s 83) and public order offences committed (49 compared to 25). Never mind that 100,000 foreign workers descend on Little India every weekend, going by the statistics, they are a tame nuisance compared to those who throng Geylang’s lorongs with their sale of sex and drugs.
Other things we didn’t know: the Geylang patrons open animosity towards the cops, assaults on police officers and vandalism of at least one patrol car in the area. Now, it makes you wonder why if the police were tracking Geylang, it was never brought to anyone’s notice before that they were so short-handed? Is this to preserve Singapore’s image as a safe city?
CP Ng did a superb balancing act at the COI: He defended his men’s performance while acknowledging screw-ups, such as the lack of communication that night and the slow response time to activate the Special Operations Command. He promised rectification.
That is as a leader should do.
So, can we just give the man his men?
- http://berthahenson.wordpress.com/2014/03/26/wanted-more-lawmen/

When the focus of ex-health Minister, (now Trade N Industry Minister, Lim Hng Kiang) is about saving $$$ and not saving lives:
"...I regret making the decision because, in the end, the baby continued to be in intensive care, and KKH now runs up a total bill of more than $300,000..."- Lim Hng Kiang, regretting the decision to save a baby's life because KKH ran up a $300K (bill).

What makes U think the Minister's focus is really stopping crime rather than fixing up the opposition.

The following is what I think most PAP ministers/ cronies daily/ mostly do:
Intoparliamentjpg.jpg
[Pict= [URL="http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2012/04/disassembling-grc-benefits-pap-1/"]Disassembling GRC system benefits PAP (Part 1 of 3)[/URL]]

liftupgrade.jpg

HougangAdviser.jpg
(Picture source= How PAP uses taxpayer-funded grassroots for political gain)

Last edited:

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG has always been a trouble free country until the FTsh came along in large numbers. If these FTsh continue to arrive from various countries to work in SG, are we going to keep increasing the men in blue? Where is the cut off line and where to find the recruits? First step first. Send back all FTsh trouble makers, whether those charged and convicted in court or those found to have participated.

Treat the FTsh like treasured species and they will become unmanageable. This policy of shape up or ship out should apply to all FTsh whether the trouble makers are Briton bank director, Italian restaurant owner, ah tiong cleaners or bangla FWs. Get tough on them or these FTsh will shit on your head in no time.