• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Simon Littlewood: Singapore only have itself to blame ....

Anonymous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube;m4HJi9Iaojw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4HJi9Iaojw[/video]

Route Learning by PAP screwed Singapore and Singaporeans!

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just attended an industry seminar in NUS and one of the panel discussions involving 6 speakers was on the top of Human Resources. Unbelievably, 5 were Ang Moh and the only Asian was a Pinoy. So I do agree with Littlewood that we only have ourselves to blame as our education system from 60s to 90s churned out robots without much training on public speaking or critical thinking.

Many of the problems PMETs face today in competing is the result of PAP's flawed policies. You can argue that it was needed at that time but we are now paying the price and MNCs prefer hiring those that are comfortable with speaking up and at ease with public speaking.

And out of the total 39 speakers at this event, only 8 were locals. Sad state of affairs.....

Singapore

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would strongly agree that PAP screwed up..in their bid to enhance their own hold on power...it had created a bunch of singaporeans who must be told what to do...

Sad for Singappre amd Singaporeans indeed.

Last edited:

iluvgst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Suppressing the citizenry in the manner carried out over decades is akin to compressing a huge spring. It will bounce back hard and hit the ruling party badly in the face.

MajullahSingapura

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Silent-Majority.jpg

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
this pc of white trash is waste of public money.... pls deport him but give him 10 rotan first to teach him a lesson for meddling in singapore affair.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this pc of white trash is waste of public money.... pls deport him but give him 10 rotan first to teach him a lesson for meddling in singapore affair.

He told the truth. Ang Mohs get a little leeway in saying/doing what they want.

If a Sinkie said it the PAP govt would crucify him.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"The people are not educated, they are trained."

We have missed the chance. It will take many more generations to educate the people because we need educated teachers first. Unfortunately, NIE only trains teachers. So we need a new set up to educate the NIE staff first. But actually the implementation of a new set need to come from an educated minister. Shit we only have trained ones. So how?

Last edited:

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
White guy nailed it....got all sorts of mofos shooting their mouths off online....but in the workplace suddenly cat got their tongue.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"The people are not educated, they are trained."

We have missed the chance. It will take many more generations to educate the people because we need educated teachers first. Unfortunately, NIE only trains teachers. So we need a new set up to educate the NIE staff first. But actually the implementation of a new set need to come from an educated minister. Shit we only have trained ones. So how?

You just hit the nail on the head!!....that is why , we have people who are efficient , but not proficient....they are highly trained to do what, the system tells them & carry that out to the letter...they are not suppose to think or react when things are not described the FAQ or the SOP.

You have a PM..who is that too....& that is leading the country to a certain disaster in some point in the future, sooner or later....very well trained...educated on paper, YES!....educated in life, NO!..:mad:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
You just hit the nail on the head!!....that is why , we have people who are efficient , but not proficient....they are highly trained to do what, the system tells them & carry that out to the letter...they are not suppose to think or react when things are not described the FAQ or the SOP.

You have a PM..who is that too....& that is leading the country to a certain disaster in some point in the future, sooner or later....very well trained...educated on paper, YES!....educated in life, NO!..:mad:

well said...i have added to your points.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't know what the story is about Singapore being screwed, but the ruling party (or rather, its leadership) did what he was supposed to do - stay in power. I am not taking sides, as an observer I am just saying it as I observe. People here raise him to the status of a deity and listen to every word he says without questioning. This happened intensely over two generations and the current youngsters actually grew up in a kingergarten!!!

Now, not everybody here falls into this description, but the majority do. Sorry guys, but Singapore is by most people's standards a pretty good place to live (things work, law and order is in place, people are orderly), so as long as it maintains, that's fine.

Cheers!

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Don't know what the story is about Singapore being screwed, but the ruling party (or rather, its leadership) did what he was supposed to do - stay in power. I am not taking sides, as an observer I am just saying it as I observe. People here raise him to the status of a deity and listen to every word he says without questioning. This happened intensely over two generations and the current youngsters actually grew up in a kingergarten!!!

Now, not everybody here falls into this description, but the majority do. Sorry guys, but Singapore is by most people's standards a pretty good place to live (things work, law and order is in place, people are orderly), so as long as it maintains, that's fine.

Cheers!

and it will just crumble slowly...not immediately...but slowly....and the PAP traitors would have made and suck up all the monies and leave everyone behind....

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Precisely that is how sinkees got screwed. We have been brain-washed to obey blindly, to not think, to be told what to do ...at least 60 percent of sinkees are like that in the last election ...hopefully, the big awakening will happen and end the rule of the PAP.

Cheers!

Alamak, you expat mah. The average sinkees are living a hard life ...don't earn enough to save for retirement. And career ends by the early forties are cheapo employers are often taking opportunities to replace sinkees with cheap PATANs.
So, it is fine with you as you don't have the same kind of financial pressures as working class sinkees.
And when you are done with sinkapore, you move on to your benevolent country.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
just look at the past NUSSU and Law Society; esp their past Presidents. Most are so timid like cat; not voiceferous.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
?...
......... People here raise him to the status of a deity and listen to every word he says without questioning. This happened intensely over two generations and the current youngsters actually grew up in a kingergarten!!!

Cheers!

If you keep a pack of dogs, you can train them to be obedient and submissive. You can do the same to their off springs. However, inevitably, there will be a few stubborn ones which will challenge your authority. No problem, just round them up and send them to Siberia.

Such arrangement works only if the pack is well fed and care for. If the pack felt that their livelihoods are threatened, their obedience and submissiveness is helping to suppress their urge to rebel. If the leader cannot read the build up of latent anger, one fine day it will blow in their face.

Last edited:

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
na bay. cock-eyed fat ugly fat ang moh wants to tell us what to do, then say we only knew how to do what other people tell us to. fuck u. vomit blood.