• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ugly looking Toyota Kruger

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Toyota Australia has promised greater quality, a more enjoyable drive and a higher level of standard safety for its new 2014 Kluger SUV." And lets not forget, much uglier "styling". This will sell in the America but even die-hard Toyota fans in Oz are going to reach for the airline sick bag!

"The change to on-demand AWD is a huge step backwards. Continued lack of a decent modern diesel engine is just lazy.

The new model also carries over the intrusive stability control program that makes driving the Kluger most unpleasant."

Toyota Australia is promising quality improvements, a more enjoyable drive and a higher level of standard safety for its new 2014 Kluger SUV.

Due in local showrooms from March, the new Kluger was unveiled as the US-spec Highlander at the New York Auto Show in the same month last year.

Australian buyers can again expect a 3.5 litre V6 petrol engine matched to a six-speed automatic and, while figures are still to come, Toyota says - thankfully - it has improved fuel figures in the new model.

2014_toyota_kluger_overseas_03-0328-460x272.jpg

On the safety front, the 2014 Kluger will feature seven airbags, along with a reversing camera, vehicle stability and traction control, brake assist, electronic brake-force distribution and hill-start assist control.

Top-shelf models will add a pre-collision system with dynamic radar cruise control, lane departure alert and automatic high-beam headlights.

Toyota has fine-tuned the suspension and electronic power steering for 2014, with a new double-wishbone rear suspension setup promising more precise handling and a better driving experience.

The company's local arm has yet to confirm details of the new Kluger's local tune, although like the new Corolla, it is likely that Toyota Australia engineers have had input into the new model's development.

The new rear suspension allows for more cabin space, while the all-new model is also 69mm longer and 15mm wider than its predecessor.

The 2014 Kluger will again be available in front- or all-wheel drive, with the AWD’s Dynamic Torque Control system able to revert to FWD during normal driving conditions to save fuel.

The source of Australia's new Kluger will switch to Toyota's Indiana plant in the United States - making it the first Toyota to come to Australia from the US - moving away from the Japanese plant that builds the current model.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
ALL SUVs are ugly. People buy them because there's loads of space. Nobody buys one for the styling.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ALL SUVs are ugly. People buy them because there's loads of space. Nobody buys one for the styling.

I do not agree.

Eg I thought the X6 looks really ugly next to my Santa Fe. It was to do with the impractical rear and hatch design. Like an oversized look. Not sure why people like.

I think it will be the same with the new Krugar if you compare the cars side by side.

Toyota is not even upgrading the engine, jsst trying to out some basic effort so that they look better when reviewing against Hyundai who are putting in a lot of research into building better cars.

image51958_b.jpg

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If you keep calling it the "Kruger" it clouds your judgement because you immediately associate it with ugly.

Hyundai make great cars. I have an ix35 and it has not disappointed. However, the jury is out as to whether it's going to last another 200,000km. On the other hand, my Toyota will still be around when I die ie roughly 500,000km if all goes well.

The X6 does not know what it is. It certainly is an off road vehicle by any measure. In NZ, all the X6s I've seen had chinks behind the wheel.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This one my favourite SUV looks damn nice but too bad not available in Thailand however I've seen one before a yellow, think import himself. Must be expensive this toy. Is it available in Australia and New Zealand? Can tell me roughly how much it cost if its available?

toyota-fj-cruiser-06.jpg

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I really wonder how this kluger is going to sell...it wont be cheap n features r crap...n oetrol v6? Going to chew juice like water..running cost is goinh to b high.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you keep calling it the "Kruger" it clouds your judgement because you immediately associate it with ugly.

Hyundai make great cars. I have an ix35 and it has not disappointed. However, the jury is out as to whether it's going to last another 200,000km. On the other hand, my Toyota will still be around when I die ie roughly 500,000km if all goes well.

The X6 does not know what it is. It certainly is an off road vehicle by any measure. In NZ, all the X6s I've seen had chinks behind the wheel.

Is yours a series 2 ix35? I just drove one today at work and I was surprised that they fitted in a rear parking camera. All in, it costs less than$30,000 for fleet.

Look, I do not care for longevity because it is so expensive to fix wear and tear here. I cannot explain why a Year 10 leaver can earn the same amount as my dentist, $110k.
Just get rid of cars before the warranty runs out and cough out of pocket $. Hyundai happen to give 5 years and capped serving, so it works for me.

I will be interested to see what Comfort taxi drivers think of the i40 sedans. It should perform better than the outdated Sonata and last longer.

I a

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This one my favourite SUV looks damn nice but too bad not available in Thailand however I've seen one before a yellow, think import himself. Must be expensive this toy. Is it available in Australia and New Zealand? Can tell me roughly how much it cost if its available?
View attachment 14837

Cant see the pic, but if it is a FJ cruiser, I find it more a toy due to the limited spaces. There are cult following here competed with clubs. It is popular among the cashed up bogans.

http://www.fjcc.com.au/
[h=4]
PRICING (excludes on-road costs)
[/h]The Isuzu MU-X comes with a 5 year/130,000km New Vehicle Warranty.

• MU-X 4x2 LS-M auto - $40,500
  • MU-X 4x2 LS-U auto - $42,000
  • MU-X 4x4 LS-M man - $45,600
  • MU-X 4x4 LS-M auto - $47,800
  • MU-X 4x4 LS-U man - $47,100
  • MU-X 4x4 LS-U auto - $49,300
  • MU-X 4x4 LS-T auto - $53,500

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Cant see the pic, but if it is a FJ cruiser, I find it more a toy due to the limited spaces. There are cult following here competed with clubs. It is popular among the cashed up bogans.

http://www.fjcc.com.au/

Yes indeed its a FJ Cruiser.

Looks damn cool. From Leongsam's link the cost of this car is only NZ$73k. I just got my staff to check in Bangkok its bloody 4.3mil baht or NZ$150k. Too much, really too much.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes indeed its a FJ Cruiser.

Looks damn cool. From Leongsam's link the cost of this car is only NZ$73k. I just got my staff to check in Bangkok its bloody 4.3mil baht or NZ$150k. Too much, really too much.

FJ also cops a price increase for 2013, from $46,490 to $47,990 (plus on-roads). The FJ launched in 2011 at $44,990.

FJ Cruiser is covered by Toyota Service Advantage capped-price servicing at a maximum of $210 per service.

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/#/56116/2013-toyota-fj-cruiser-update-on-sale-in-australia-price-features-and-specifications

Note
There is a free tax agreement between OZ and Thailand, so we get a lot of Thai assembled cars here.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So many fans of crappy cars.

Get a Maserati, you won't want any other Japanese or Korean junk.

800px-Maserati_Gran_Cabrio_Goodwood.jpg

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whether ugly looking or beautiful looking our PAP gahmen make it unaffordable with their Taxes,
A $15K OMV car on the road becomes $115K believe it or not?? it only can happened in Sickapoor
where our gahmen screw us deep deep with their stupid taxes and stupid COE!!!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whether ugly looking or beautiful looking our PAP gahmen make it unaffordable with their Taxes,
A $15K OMV car on the road becomes $115K believe it or not?? it only can happened in Sickapoor
where our gahmen screw us deep deep with their stupid taxes and stupid COE!!!

How else do you think the PAP govt obtained so much money? You think it is from the brilliance of the investments made by Temasek? :wink: