• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Guy shows off his money on forum

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
So he will never use that 10k to buy something. Stupid govt created this 10k note so that normal ppl treat it machiam like souvenir

Again this is what I heard from the old timers - the $10k mainly to help the Indon rich to bring across the border, imagine of they have to bring rupiahs and this note is not a recent thing its been around since '70s Orchid series.

23052010%u002528005%u002529.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...Yes Loeloe8 is correct to say $10k note is more difficult to change overseas but $1k note is highly welcome.

In LOS some money changers will give you a better rate for SIN$1k notes. That's why I bring a few of these notes whenever I visit. It is also very convenient to carry just 2 or 3 notes.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is said the 10k SGD is the highest value banknote in the world

http://banknoteasia.blogspot.sg/2009/01/singapore-10000-highest-value-banknote.html

The next is the swiss 1k.

The USD stopped circulation and printing of currency in larger denominations at the time of nixon.

Ppl have also mentioned how easy it is to sneak in huge amounts of money in and out sg in currency and it is obviously easier to launder money with large denomiations.

for the recording of serial numbers. I read of that before but i read again it isn't true. There isn't any confirmation on it. Do you have some link to show they record down serial for 10k?

Friend in Batam was telling me that someone who had accepted a $10k notes had a problem because when he tried to use it. He discovered that the notes serial number was registered as stolen. It was confiscated & he lost $10K.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sure but surely attract attention this way. My friend succeeded in bringing in 500k, all in 1k and carried on his body not in luggage. A jacket comes in handy. If no one pau toh you, 99% no problem. Only people in legit biz wants 10k notes. They can account for it.

The only time I have ever had $10K notes was to transfer from 1 bank account to another. If I was going to do anything illegal I'd stick to smaller notes.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In LOS some money changers will give you a better rate for SIN$1k notes. That's why I bring a few of these notes whenever I visit. It is also very convenient to carry just 2 or 3 notes.

All money changers or most including those in sg will give better rates if you change a certain amount. You mean los will change better rates if you bring along a 1k note? So someone with 50 notes in 3k gets a lousier rate than someone with 3k but in 1 k notes. They should state that somewhere anyway only change from superich when in los. Think they have the best rates.

Friend in Batam was telling me that someone who had accepted a $10k notes had a problem because when he tried to use it. He discovered that the notes serial number was registered as stolen. It was confiscated & he lost $10K.

This is actually fucked up. Think about this. If somehow the amount was in 1k notes he wouldn't be accused of using stolen notes and even if he was it isn't his fault.

This 10k note shit isn't for everyday use then if you run the risk of getting it confiscated. I wonder if companies that have no connection with banks or mas like car companies would accept payment in 10k notes.