• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PRC handphone 50 mega pix camera best best

Ass_Loong_Son

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://motoringcrunch.com/news/oppo-find-7-android-is-it-all-that-its-cracked-up-to-be/10010638/

Oppo Find 7 Android: Is It All That It’s Cracked Up To Be?

By Brett Gunther on March 22, 2014
TWEETSHARE

The Oppo Find 7 has now been shown off in Beijing and it comes in two different variations. One of these has a full HD display and the other offers a QHD panel.

There are not that many differences between the two expect for the screen resolutions and ePrice have compared the handsets side by side.

If you do fancy the Opppo Find 7 but you don’t know which to go for then read on.

The Oppo Find 7A packs the HD display and is 5.5 inches at 1080p with 401ppi. It runs on the Snapdragon 801 MSM8974-AB quad-core processor clocked at 2.3 GHz, 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of storage expandable by up to 128 GB via microSD.

The other version offers a display of 5.5 inches with 2560p display at 534ppi. It has the Snapdragon 801 MSM8974-AC quad-core processor clocked at 2.5 GHz, 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of storage expandable by 128 GB.

Benchmark results are Oppo Find 7A (Full HD) Benchmark Results: Quadrant (2234), Antutu (37198), Vellamo -HTML 5 (2967); Metal (1308)-, Basemark (61.19) and Oppo Find 7 (QHD) – Benchmark Results: Quadrant (22126), Antutu (35424), Vellamo -HTML5 (2988); Metal (1371)-, Basemark (59.61).

The HD version scored more than its sibling, even with less RAM and a processor that is less powerful. It is thought that this is due to the 1080p version having fewer pixels and the hardware having less work to do.

The QHD model offers images that are crisper and while the QHD Find 7 seems to have colours that are cooler; the Find 7A HD offers warmer tones.

So they don’t differ by all that much, but which of these two handsets would you go for?

Share this:

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not really 50 megapixels camera but using software to make 13 megapixels to 50 megapixel

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
50 megapixels is an overkill for a smartphone camera. At least with the Nokia Lumia 1020 41MP, there is a good technical reason for those extra pixels.

If you're going to take very high res photos, maybe even go RAW, the phone's data storage space will be used up in no time.

More important features for a phone's camera are:
1) Good low-light performance
2) Fast shutter speed (Lumia 1020 sucks at this)
3) Optical image stabilization
4) Good software postprocessing of photos taken (iPhones excel at this)
5) Easy to use camera software UI.
6) The quality of the camera sensor and lens. Nokia uses Carl Zeiss, Sony uses its own Exmor sensor.
7) F-number

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I played with the Oppo N1 in Bangkok before and I can say it's built quality is way way ahead of Samsung.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I still prefer LG :p

Especially coming soon LG G 3

LG girls are better.

lg-g21.jpg

Now, THAT is someone who should be in a beauty pageant. Not homely ones such as Jesslyn Tan.

nkfnkfnkf

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://hothardware.com/News/Opp-Fin...Hz-Snapdragon-801-50MP-Camera-That-Shoots-4K/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iZIJlWGHU40" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JOIN NOW!

Oppo Find 7 Superphone Sports 5.5-Inch 2560X1440 Display, 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801, 50MP Camera That Shoots 4K
Saturday, March 22, 2014 - by Paul Lilly
You may want to hide your so-called "smartphone" before reading any further -- we don't want any hurt feelings. As big and bad as your current handset might be, odds are high that Oppo's new Find 7 trumps its. Heck, it even has some low-end PCs feeling bad about themselves. Enough of that, though, let's go over what exactly makes the Find 7 such a beastly phone, starting with its 5.5-inch display.

Don't worry about pixels being stretched out over all that real estate, Oppo went with a delightful 1440p quad HD In-Plane Switching (IPS) display with a 2560x1440 resolution (that equates to 538 pixels per inch) and 16 million colors. If this belonged to Apple, you'd see the word "Retina" being thrown around all over the place. As it stands, the Find 7's multi-touch capacitive display is protected by Gorilla Glass 3 and supports gloved and wet touch input. Pretty gnarly.

Powering the giant display is a 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 quad-core processor (MSM8974AC) with an Adreno 330 GPU. It also has 3GB or RAM, 32GB of internal storage, 13-megapixel front-facing camera (hang tight, we'll explain the 50-megapixel in the headline in just a moment), 5-megapixel front-facing camera with 80-degree wide angle sensor, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, NFC support, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, 3,000 mAh battery, and ColorOS 1.2.0 based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.

Getting back to the front-facing camera, which uses a Sony sensor with dedicated ISP and dual-mode LED, Oppo says it includes a 50-megapixel software enhancement feature.

"Ensuring crisp images every time, the Oppo Find 7 is equipped with Pure Image 2.0, a hardware and software photography solution. Pure Image on the Oppo Find 7 includes six physical lenses, the latest Sony Stacked CMOS IMX214 sensor and f/2.0 wide aperture. With 4K as well as 1080p video recording at 30 fps and slow motion recording at 120 fps the Find 7 is versatile for all occasions," Oppos says.

On the outside, the Find 7 is build around a solid aluminum-titanium alloy frame. It measures 152.6mm by 75mm by 9.2mm and weighs 171 grams.

No word yet on price or release date.
1Share0Tweet7 Share0 0Share8
Via: Oppo | News Archive | Tags: Android, smartphone, oppo, NASDAQ:GOOG, Find 7

View forum thread
Comments

By CJJacobs on Mar 22, 2014
Yawn!

By AndrsCifuentes on Mar 22, 2014
I wish they focused more on battery technology instead of moar pixelz. I don't think you'd really need a 1440p screen for anything at that size.

By Dwezal on Mar 22, 2014
nice but it will depend on which carriers will support it. I know that you can take any phone anywhere but, the carriers (save maybe t-moble) will tell you that they are testing the phone on the network and it has not been approved. Happened with nexus.

Login or Register to Comment
Post a Comment
Username: * Password:

STUFF ON HOT HARDWARE
* REPLIES
HotHardware and CyberPower PC Spring... 187
Head-To-Head Battle Confirms Titanfall... 31
New Reports Claim Microsoft's DirectX... 18
AMD And Crytek Announce Mantle Support... 13
Unreal Engine 4 To Incorporate NVIDIA... 11
Sony’s Project Morpheus VR Headset For... 11
Apple May Launch 8GB iPhone 5C to... 11

NVIDIA's Maxwell GPU Architecture Is?
Impressive! Kinda Nice Meh Nothing Special

More Results
Subscribe to HH News Alerts!
Preview

HOME | REVIEWS | VIDEOS | IMAGES | FORUMS | BLOGS | SHOP | CONTACT
ABOUT | ADVERTISE | RSS | NEWS TIPS | NEWS ARCHIVE | OUR HOST
This site is intended for informational and entertainment purposes only. The contents are the views and opinion of the author and/or his
associates. All products and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All content and graphical elements are
Copyright © 1999 - 2014 HotHardware.com, LLC. All rights reserved. Privacy and Terms

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All the megapixels would be useless if you don't have a good sensor to capture all the details. That's why I got myself a Sony RX100 camera. Not only has it got a fast f1.8 lens but it also has a 1" CMOS sensor.
It is also one of the smallest cameras you will find in the market.

Camera phones are getting better but if you want the best pictures, using a dedicated camera is the way to go.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All the megapixels would be useless if you don't have a good sensor to capture all the details. That's why I got myself a Sony RX100 camera. Not only has it got a fast f1.8 lens but it also has a 1" CMOS sensor.
It is also one of the smallest cameras you will find in the market.

Camera phones are getting better but if you want the best pictures, using a dedicated camera is the way to go.

The problem is you won't be carrying a dedicated camera with you everywhere you go. However, you'll most likely carry your handphone with you.

The best camera is one which you have at hand.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem is you won't be carrying a dedicated camera with you everywhere you go. However, you'll most likely carry your handphone with you.

The best camera is one which you have at hand.

My old phone only has a 2 megapixel camera. That's why I decided to invest in a compact camera like the RX100 because I needed a real camera. If I go on holiday I still intend to bring that along.

I might use a phone camera to record those STOMP moments but not for my holiday pictures:smile: