• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

kampong chicken

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
i was told that kampung chicken
1) is not fed with growth hormone.
2)no flu injection
3) allow to roam freely about.

i not sure about 1 & 2
3 likely to be true.

anyone in this industry?

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yo are right on all 3 fronts....you can tell theresk no growth hormone because they are visibly leaner and the flesh less fatty and tastier.

Moreover the jakarta kampong chickens also provide excellent massage.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Should be all 3.
But some try to make money by inject smaller amount of grow hormone.

If you buy chicken and there are fat( yellow color under the skin in big portion). Very likely been injected with grow hormone.

ThugSin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you wouldnt need to worry about these if you are a vegan and drink soursop juice :biggrin:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should be all 3.
But some try to make money by inject smaller amount of grow hormone.

If you buy chicken and there are fat( yellow color under the skin in big portion). Very likely been injected with grow hormone.

yes.today i ate kampung chicken rice. the chicken skin got little fat.
the skin is very yellow.
chicken quite skinny.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since angmoh invented chemicals, starting from the bloody Pommy industrialized revolution, human are already considered human framing.

The things you eat in Western countries are controlled items.

1. First before you buy from retail shops someone must make money from their commodity stocks market.

2. In the commodity stock market, gambling your chicken stocks and bid high and low.

All the meat today you eat are narrowed down to a few meat like beef, chicken, pigs main core one. Anything outside it is call exotic food or road kills.

So for the chicken they do whatever they like, and call whatever they like just eat them. Free or no free range so what? The more you eat them still can live up to 120. They have backup plans for you called advance medical science to keep you alive to 120.

2)no flu injection

i not sure about 1 & 2
3 likely to be true.

anyone in this industry?

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The best chickens are the ones you grow yourself - free range.
After I eat the eggs laid by my Barnevelder hens, I find supermarket eggs taste bland.

They are so easy to cook, I can just hold up the egg white, very firm.
I rear Silkies for boiling soup. :biggrin:

Silky_bantam.jpg

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since angmoh invented chemicals, starting from the bloody Pommy industrialized revolution, human are already considered human framing.

So for the chicken they do whatever they like, and call whatever they like just eat them. Free or no free range so what? The more you eat them still can live up to 120. They have backup plans for you called advance medical science to keep you alive to 120.

You can rear Heritage chickens free range for meat, but the flavour is too strong and meat tough.

It is better to rear Commercial chickens for meat. The usual breed takes 2 months to grow to table ready. Hgere is a gourmet Commercial breed, took twice as long to grow but the taste is super. Use it to make Hainanese chicken rice, and you will never return to Singapore to eat Chicken rice.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After I eat the eggs laid by my Barnevelder hens, I find supermarket eggs taste bland.

Silky_bantam.jpg
KNN, So cute and you eat this cute cute chicken ? KNN, legs also have feathers one.:biggrin:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not in the industry but just conscious (to the best I can) of the things I buy. Kampong chicken was at first used to coin the term for chickens we raised in our kampongs, locally called malai kai and not the variety (normally red colored) raised commercially on farms in Singapore. When in the western countries, "free range chickens" started to become trendy (via efforts of organizations like PETA), kampong chicken became the local equivalent. Whether they're injected with growth hormones or other disease vaccines, don't know, but kampong chicken is not fatty.

Cheers!

2)no flu injection

i not sure about 1 & 2
3 likely to be true.

anyone in this industry?

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal

Silky_bantam.jpg

I could be buddies with a smart hen like this....no feathers huh? Looks like fur.