• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which handphone brand is reliable?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah! are you a bookie? :biggrin:

I have also been looking for dual sim phones. Just changed to a new samsung from the lousy Sony xperia E. Hope the samsung can last me for 2 years.

I find that there are no high end dual sim phones in the market. The reason I read is they are mainly for Indian and China markets.

not dual la. Triple sim phone. Used on iphone ok.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For combination of build quality, skin, reliability and design, I'd still go with HTC, especially HTC One, which is about the most complete all-round phone out there.

Next would be the Sony Experia, though I don't dig the design, and reliability of Sony smartphones has been so-so (I used to own one Ericsson dumb phone after another – they were awesome till Sony took over). The new 2014 Experia's specs have put it on top of all the other premium brands. The camera quality and waterproof design are big pluses.

Samsung build is cheap and plasticky, the AMOLED screen sucks in bright light, lots of bloatware, and less than reliable.

Huawei gives good value for money, the quad-core Ascend P2 was the fastest when launched, the P6 is one of the most beautiful phones out there, and they cost only 60% of branded makes. But their skin sucks, and the OS is prone to instability.

Xiaomi is the new kid on the block, their CEO aspires to be next Steve Jobs, and is currently the best value for money, espeically the Mi-3. If you can accept no 4G/LTE. For low-end users you can't go wrong with the quad-core 1.5GHz dual-SIM Redmi, dollar-for-dollar the most punch.

As for Windows phones, I won't go there.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nowadays, charging is via usb socket.
as security, can use a timer to limit charging time.

I didn't know that. I'm still using those old phones with proprietary connectors. When I travel I have to bring along 2 chargers :o

I recently read about deaths in China & Thailand of iPhone users who were using non-Apple chargers.
http://elitedaily.com/news/technolo...charger-causes-apple-to-reduce-charger-price/
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/loc...user-killed-by-ungrounded-substandard-charger

Last edited:

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I didn't know that. I'm still using those old phones with proprietary connectors. When I travel I have to bring along 2 chargers :o

I recently read about deaths in China & Thailand of iPhone users who were using non-Apple chargers.
http://elitedaily.com/news/technolo...charger-causes-apple-to-reduce-charger-price/

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/loc...user-killed-by-ungrounded-substandard-charger
haha, newer usb charger also built-in circuit to cut off when fully charged.

http://www.usbfever.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=1141

latest model even has 5v 4100mA (i am using this)

car version also available

http://dx.com/p/star-go-st-06-aircr...-car-charger-black-12-24v-290123#.Uy-Lw84QsjY

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I need a phablet phone like the galaxy note 3 but with dual sim card, expension slot and removable battery,,,anyone to recommend.

Since I got my note 2, i use my PC less as most surfing like Sammyboy etc I use on my note 2. So I want to get a more atas phablet,,I dont be going back to small phones.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I need a phablet phone like the galaxy note 3 but with dual sim card, expension slot and removable battery,,,anyone to recommend.

Since I got my note 2, i use my PC less as most surfing like Sammyboy etc I use on my note 2. So I want to get a more atas phablet,,I dont be going back to small phones.
http://www.babikenshop.com/babiken_blog/6-5-inch-mtk6592-8-core-1-7ghz-cpu-ulefone-u692-phablet/

6.5 Inch MTK6592 8 Core 1.7ghz CPU Ulefone U692 Phablet

December 29, 2013 by babikenshop | Categories: android phones No Comments ↓

MTK6592 Ultra-thin Android Phablet P92(Android 4.2.2 OS)

Model: U692

Product Decriptions
Features: MTK’s fifth-generation high-speed smart chip,MT6592-1.7 GHz eight-core system,RAM:2G+ROM:16G、6.0″ HD screen, IPS 1280 x 720 pixels,Equipped with the Android 4.2.2 OS ,front 2MP +After 8MP AF camera (after flash) ,NFC(Near Field Communication),One touch recording/Photography,Support 1080 P video recording, 7.6mm thin body acme,Metal structure process, Comes with:Slim leather case;

Selling points:
■ MT6592-1.7 GHz eight-core high-speed processing platform
■Internal RAM:2G+ROM:16G
■ 6.5″ HD IPS(1280 x720 pixels)
■ Before 2MP+After 8MP front camera
■ Support 1080 P video recording
■ 3G (WCDMA/GSM)
■ 9.7mm thin body acme
■ 3100 mAh lithium ion battery
■ Comes with:Slim leather case
■ Equipped with the Android 4.2.2 OS
■ 3G,Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Miracast、EDGE,HSPA+,HSUPA
ulefone u692 8 core phone

ulefone u692 8 core phone

Specificationss:
Appearance: PDA touchscreen phablet
Size: 90.7x177x9.7(Unit:mm)
Weight: MediaTek MT6592-1.7 GHz eight-Core (Low-power Cortex-A7 architecture)
Hard platform: RAM:2G+ROM:16G
Internal: Android OS, v4.2.2 (Froyo)
MS mode: WCDMA 2100/850 (HSPA+) and GSM 850/900/1800/1900
Frquency band: Dual sim cards, dual standby
sim card: GPS+AGPS Navigator
Display: 6.5″ HD IPS 1600K color
Display: 1280 x720 pixels (~342 ppi pixel density)
Camera: Before2MP +After 8MP front camera
Video screen: Support 1080 P video recording
Wireless transmission: 3G、Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Miracast、Bluetooth 4.0、EDGE、HSPA+、HSUPA
Modem features: Wireless AP ( Mobile AP )
HSUPA: Support 5.76 Mbps
HSPA+: Support 42 Mbps
Navigation: Support
NFC: Support
Button : Support
OTG(On-The-Go) : Support
Light sensor: Support
Proximity sensor: Support
Gravity Sensor: Support
Bluetooth: Support
FM: Support
Java Expand: Support
Music/video: Support micro SD(T-Flash)32G
WAP Browser: Standard battery content:>3100mAh
Hand-writing: 120-150 (Unit:Mins)
Multilingual: 120-180 (Unit:Hour)
T-flash card: 10000 Group
Battery parameter: Support
Talk time: 3.5MM standard interface
Standby time: mini usb 5pin interface
Phone book: Ivory white、Sapphire
SMS/Color message: Slim leather case
Headphone jack 3.5MM standard interface
Charging port mini usb 5pin interface
Color white、Black
Comes with: Slim leather case

[video=youtube;OT5lJIYTJCo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT5lJIYTJCo[/video]

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I recently got an iPad. It's ok but I still prefer using my desktop PC as I find it easier when I have a 24" screen & a keyboard. When I am using the iPad I also find a stylus almost a necessity because the apps I use, like frefox have really tiny buttons spaced very closely together. It's hard to click a button correctly without a stylus.

In Sammyboy I find it difficult to select the pull down menus without a stylus.

I'll be getting an iPhone which is even smaller than an iPad. Don't know how people can replace their desktops with a phone or tablet:confused:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I want a phablet to replace my tablet. I hate the tablet, it cannot multi task, no flash, and damn touch sensitive,,when scrolling through the screens, touch it by mistake, it goes to another page.

I realise a phablet with the smaller screen makes the control easier..and still big enough to read on it,,so on board the plane etc, can just use the phablet to watch movies etc,,,

I recently got an iPad. It's ok but I still prefer using my desktop PC as I find it easier when I have a 24" screen & a keyboard. When I am using the iPad I also find a stylus almost a necessity because the apps I use, like frefox have really tiny buttons spaced very closely together. It's hard to click a button correctly without a stylus.

In Sammyboy I find it difficult to select the pull down menus without a stylus.

I'll be getting an iPhone which is even smaller than an iPad. Don't know how people can replace their desktops with a phone or tablet:confused:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks alot BKT,,but do u think 8 core is abit of an overkill? quad core with 2 g ram should be good enough,,,and how come no price on the website?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got 2 phones and 4 sims. 1 is an iphone4 somemore 3 numbers on it.

Mine is iphone 4 too, so interesting didn't know that iphone can become dual sim or even triple sim. I just checked youtube it looks like add on to the phone at the back, do you know the product name, where to buy and how much?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good decision. Made in China handphones/batteries have exploded in the past. Not worth the risk.

Yeah I think China companies don't put much emphasis into QC unless it is under the watchful eyes of big companies that they are manufacturing for. Look at those China companies listed on SGX always got internal problems.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks alot BKT,,but do u think 8 core is abit of an overkill? quad core with 2 g ram should be good enough,,,and how come no price on the website?
actually was eyeing it when was 4 core version 6 months ago. now 8 core is same price @ rmb1500

just bot the 8 core fortnite ago in shenzhen, once connected, loading pretty fast. screen resolution absolutely great.

downside-drains battery like hell.

personal verdict: worth it

others well known branded, you pay 3x the price at least.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok will email them and get another battery. Thanks again.

actually was eyeing it when was 4 core version 6 months ago. now 8 core is same price @ rmb1500

just bot the 8 core fortnite ago in shenzhen, once connected, loading pretty fast. screen resolution absolutely great.

downside-drains battery like hell.

personal verdict: worth it

others well known branded, you pay 3x the price at least.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mine is iphone 4 too, so interesting didn't know that iphone can become dual sim or even triple sim. I just checked youtube it looks like add on to the phone at the back, do you know the product name, where to buy and how much?

simore is the name of the brand.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I was waiting for the Sony xperia T2 dual to be launched but couldn't wait any more. I think it fits your requirements..

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-t2-ultra-dual/specifications/#tabs