• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which handphone brand is reliable?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have to replace my current candy handphone. After taking a look at what is available I find that I am really lost:o
If I wanted a good phone I would go with an iPhone but I don't want to pay for too much especially for an expesive. dataplan.

I took a look at Nokia basic phones which are nice & cheap but want to try a smartphone so this excludes Windows:biggrin:

Would like to try an Android phone which can access the internet via WiFi. Is $400+ a reasonable budget?
Which brand is more reliable Samsung, Sony or HTC & models should I look at?
For Android is a dual core processor sufficient or do I need to look at a quad core processor?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quad core processor is the norm for Android phones these days. Usually it's the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 series chip.

The good thing about Samsung phones is that may people use them, so after-sales service and accessories should not be a problem. Bad thing about Samsung phones is their cheap build quality and AMOLED screens which may not be viewable under bright sunlight. Samsung software may also be bloated.

Sony phones are sexy but their software may not be good enough or not updated frequently.

The HTC One is an okay phone but HTC is in financial trouble and I personally find its 'Ultrapixel' 4MP camera underwhelming. HTC will release a new phone next week.

There are also other Android phones from Motorola, LG and Huawei.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Samsung phone battery power drain very quickly
some thing like last 8am to 6pm than got to recharged again!

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
forget about sony... they uses LCD screen which has the digitizer glued to it, replace both screen and digitizer at same time if it spoilt. very exp option

super amoled is still better.

for your price range, xiaomi Mi3 is really the one to go for.

but it is only 3G fone, no LTE.

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed that Samsung phone is not good and the popularity is due to its sheer marketing. Sony is not bad actually. But i think the HTC One is one very good Android phone which you can consider.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
depending on whether you're a leftie or rightie, your own hand, the pcc brand, is the most reliable.

InformationSociety

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Avoid shoddy chinky phones. They have no class. Especially those manufactured by Huawei Technologies because it is state owned and rumored to have spying devices. Not surprised since PAP help China and Huawei to cover up the murder of Shane Todd.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed that Samsung phone is not good and the popularity is due to its sheer marketing. Sony is not bad actually. But i think the HTC One is one very good Android phone which you can consider.

HTC cmi lah.... made by CEO who love c0cksucking to Jobs.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quad core processor is the norm for Android phones these days. Usually it's the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 series chip.

The good thing about Samsung phones is that may people use them, so after-sales service and accessories should not be a problem. Bad thing about Samsung phones is their cheap build quality and AMOLED screens which may not be viewable under bright sunlight. Samsung software may also be bloated.

Sony phones are sexy but their software may not be good enough or not updated frequently.

The HTC One is an okay phone but HTC is in financial trouble and I personally find its 'Ultrapixel' 4MP camera underwhelming. HTC will release a new phone next week.

Samsung phone battery power drain very quickly
some thing like last 8am to 6pm than got to recharged again!

Correct you need to root the fucking phone to freeze some of the power sucking functions and yes there's lots of bloatware so much that you might not be able to update your old apps cos there isn;t enough space.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Samsung Galaxy S5 has an ultra power-saving mode, monochrome display and no data, only SMS and phonecalls go through. That might help.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

HTC & Sony phones looks nicer than the Samsung phones. I heard about the financial problems HTC is facing. It's too bad because HTC has always made nicer looking phones.
I still haven't decided whether to pay $200+ more for a Quad core processor because I'm not into games.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Avoid shoddy chinky phones. They have no class. Especially those manufactured by Huawei Technologies because it is state owned and rumored to have spying devices. Not surprised since PAP help China and Huawei to cover up the murder of Shane Todd.

In Spore all overseas telephone calls made from a home are recorded. This was revealed when a home owner disputed a long distance call charge from his line. The telephone company had made a recording of the call which was made by his maid.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any feedback on reliability of the phones for the different brands:confused:

I remember that when Nokia was popular, some people would have software issues with some of Nokia's smarter phones. People would complain that there were no fixes even after taking it in for servicing.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Spore all overseas telephone calls made from a home are recorded. This was revealed when a home owner disputed a long distance call charge from his line. The telephone company had made a recording of the call which was made by his maid.

much of the sound bytes saved were repetitive and predictable. such as "love you long long." :p

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
forget about sony... they uses LCD screen which has the digitizer glued to it, replace both screen and digitizer at same time if it spoilt. very exp option

super amoled is still better.

for your price range, xiaomi Mi3 is really the one to go for.

but it is only 3G fone, no LTE.

What OS does the Xia0mi use:confused: Android:confused:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why Not try getting a Zone Phone for free ?..:wink:
No nothings; just stay within a 200 metres radius of any PubLic Phone Booth, and Chat aLL you Can !
:smile: