• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

breaking news - trains delayed due to power outage

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shocking service. They should Hire Desmond. He'll sort things out really quickly.

the problem started in the morning after 9am, and bart officials promised to get it fixed by the afternoon in order to get back to normal before the evening commute. well, the friday evening commute has started, and the problem is still not fixed yet. all trains going into sf from the east bay are affected as they have to single-track all of them for going in and going out of the underbay tube.

looks like there will be backup and pandemonium on the sf side. if they hire not only desmond but the entire pap elite team, bart will be operating like a true global best-in-class transit. how we miss the pap elites here. :wink:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The SMRT is vastly superior. Sinkies should appreciate what they have and honor the capable people that make it happen.

as a frequent visitor, i am extremely proud of the smrt, its service and staff. on the last visit, i was briefed about the construction of the downtown line. it will run parallel for much of the eastern section to the eastern section of the east-west line. this will not only provide more ride choices to the population of tampines, bedok, changi, siglap, macpherson, and geylang, but most importantly, it will serve my favorite happy hunting ground, bedok reservoir. and this entire line will be up and running before construction returns to the berryessa station in san jose (another thread for that disaster of a project). i like to personally thank the lta, smrt and staff for a job well done. :wink:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 212

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is very common on subway trains in nyc and on bart....at the end of the night.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 206

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My gawd that looks bloody awful. This is what happens when you pay the president only USD400,000 per year.

Truly. Singapore is one of the few nations that refuse to stinge on public sector pay just to pander to populist demands. As a result we have a world class economy and infrastructure that works like clockwork.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bart is 42 years old and under tremendous stress all these years. this is the reason why.....passengers are excessively overweight and putting undue load stress on trains, tracks and rolling stocks. this one occupies 2 seats, carries an lv bag, and is oblivious to the strain she's putting on the system.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 193

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
The difference is Singapore, it's difficult to own your own transport. So once public transport mati, we are finished

If you are caught up with bad public transport in NZ, you can still travel by car. As car is the primary mode of transport still in some countries 1st World or 3rd World. If MRT is to break down more frequently in Singapore, sooner or later we will be XXXX in many ways.