• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

anyone know what is the purpose of applying gold leaf on the forehead?

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
saw a monk applying some oil and pasting fine gold leaf on his follower forehead.after that the monk chant something into him.throughout the chanting, the monk applying his finger on the follower forehead.

any bro know what is the purpose of the gold leaf that rub onto his forehead?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even ang mohs make fun of bomoh now. :(

1798191_636604269738652_618700711_n.jpg

Kangtangman

Alfrescian
Loyal
saw a monk applying some oil and pasting fine gold leaf on his follower forehead.after that the monk chant something into him.throughout the chanting, the monk applying his finger on the follower forehead.

any bro know what is the purpose of the gold leaf that rub onto his forehead?

I was told that the gold leaf apply to your forehead basically to improve your affinity with your friends and people you meet.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was told that the gold leaf apply to your forehead basically to improve your affinity with your friends and people you meet.

great.at least i hear something sensible.
but the gold leaf must chant for it to work?or diy gold leaf also can work?
why gold leaf not silver leaf?

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
the forehead area is the location of the 3rd eye chakra
sounds like some sort of 3rd eye chakra ritual

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KDnBw7EXa3w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
the forehead area is the location of the 3rd eye chakra
sounds like some sort of 3rd eye chakra ritual

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KDnBw7EXa3w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

activate 3rd eye chakra to see ghost?

Kangtangman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Usually the monk would do a chant on you first before applying the leaf. And during applying the leaf on your forehead he will continue to chant. DIY unless you know what to chant otherwise it won't work.
So far I've only seen gold leaf, I've never seen other colours. As to why, I just read that this is the highest and purest grade of material that can place on an individual. This will also allow a lasting effect on the individual.

Kangtangman

Alfrescian
Loyal
By-the-way ykhuser the amulet which you are asking for in the other forum, the first one is luang phor thuad. This is an amulet that commemorate the monk by the same name. He is known to have help people from harm and sickness about 100 year ago. So depending on the chant that is recited on the powder before it made into an amulet, it has different applications. But mostly help to prevent sickness, this is because back then medical are not so advance and people tend to rely on religion to cast out evil sickness deities or something.

And as for the other stone like thing which you have shown, I have no idea. Again in most cases the amulets are done by each temple to commemorate a certain monks or deities. And it is very much depending on what sort of material for the powder and the type of chant they have recited into the powder. Also depends on how long did the monk or monks chant into the powder before making into an amulet. Therefore the effect will have different results. Same goes with the stone which you have feature in the other forum.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
By-the-way ykhuser the amulet which you are asking for in the other forum, the first one is luang phor thuad. This is an amulet that commemorate the monk by the same name. He is known to have help people from harm and sickness about 100 year ago. So depending on the chant that is recited on the powder before it made into an amulet, it has different applications. But mostly help to prevent sickness, this is because back then medical are not so advance and people tend to rely on religion to cast out evil sickness deities or something.

And as for the other stone like thing which you have shown, I have no idea. Again in most cases the amulets are done by each temple to commemorate a certain monks or deities. And it is very much depending on what sort of material for the powder and the type of chant they have recited into the powder. Also depends on how long did the monk or monks chant into the powder before making into an amulet. Therefore the effect will have different results. Same goes with the stone which you have feature in the other forum.

ok bro thank a lot. i got so little knowledge in this field.glad i learn something interesting.
the stone i was told is called lek lai.i was told it is special metallic found only only some cave.
only higly skilled monk can extract the lek lai out of the rock.it lek lai fell onto the ground into the extraction process..it disappear away.
cant up you becasue it say { You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kangtangman again. }
dont know what the hell is that

Last edited:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Usually the monk would do a chant on you first before applying the leaf. And during applying the leaf on your forehead he will continue to chant. DIY unless you know what to chant otherwise it won't work.
So far I've only seen gold leaf, I've never seen other colours. As to why, I just read that this is the highest and purest grade of material that can place on an individual. This will also allow a lasting effect on the individual.

so is it so called the bro here said that the chant actually activate our 3rd eye?
can guys here got 3rd eye?

Kangtangman

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok bro thank a lot. i got so little knowledge in this field.glad i learn something interesting.
the stone i was told is called lek lai.i was told it is special metallic found only only some cave.
only higly skilled monk can extract the lek lai out of the rock.it lek lai fell onto the ground into the extraction process..it disappear away.
cant up you becasue it say { You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kangtangman again. }
dont know what the hell is that

Don't worry about upping me. I have no idea about this reputation thing and how it works. And it's okay, I just share things here that I learnt from elsewhere. So don't worry about the reputation thing. Previously there is one other guy here who said will give me some points then but in the end did not do so. I am okay with that too. Don't get me wrong that I'm holding grudges here but merely telling you that it's okay that I don't get the points.

Kangtangman

Alfrescian
Loyal
so is it so called the bro here said that the chant actually activate our 3rd eye?
can guys here got 3rd eye?

For that I am not sure, most Thai monks here only tell us that it will improve our affinity or metta with people. So may be the master which the bro had said that could have that sort of power.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
this morning i accidentally drop the amulet on the floor.
the luang phor thuad 's head got 1 small crack.
jialat...quickly say sorry to him.
dont know still can use or not.

Kangtangman

Alfrescian
Loyal
this morning i accidentally drop the amulet on the floor.
the luang phor thuad 's head got 1 small crack.
jialat...quickly say sorry to him.
dont know still can use or not.

You should try to look for the chant for this amulet from the internet or check with the master who gave you this amulet. Then everyday hold it in your hand and pray with that verse and you will see how it grow with you and help you.

Adude

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should try to look for the chant for this amulet from the internet or check with the master who gave you this amulet. Then everyday hold it in your hand and pray with that verse and you will see how it grow with you and help you.

I think accident drop amulet should be no problem lar.. it is after all the chant and any other blessing from that that counts...