• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

help.advise needed

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
got pigture show the went pipe deh. but dont trust me i only thrust chsrbo.

Last edited:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is most probably a problem with the venting pipe (i.e. the pipe that goes right to the roof and out), which is supposed to prevent a vacuum build-up within the circuit vent of your block. Not a serious problem but you will need to alert the town council or hdb to take care of this 'block' problem.

Trust me .. I'm in this business.

ok.so is there any technical term for it so that i can related easily to the TC hotline.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
DTZ from TC came to check.
he say if there is no block in our unit,there should be no prob.he say monitor a few days

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
key point is the small pipe above the S trap. that is not a vent pipe. my bad. it is the waste pipe from the wash basin next to the w.c. make sure you dont choke it.

and make sure you dont flush any used cloth into the w.c. either.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
quick, sell your flat to Ah Tiong. problem solved.

i stay in 3rd floor pigeon hole.
recently when ever above floor ( not sure which floor ) flushed their toilet,
my sitting toilet bowl will produce a large bubble noise.
some water is observed spitting out of my toilet bowl.
the noise seem to be huge amount of bubble pushing itself up.

i am not so concern about the noise, more like the spitting water that split out onto the floor.
the water that spit out stink the whole toilet.

note: ( my own toilet bowl seem perfectly no choke AS i can flush without issue )

anyone know why?
sorry no photo at the moment.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
key point is the small pipe above the S trap. that is not a vent pipe. my bad. it is the waste pipe from the wash basin next to the w.c. make sure you dont choke it.

and make sure you dont flush any used cloth into the w.c. either.

i check.my toilet bowl piping itself do not have s trap.only the shower side got s trap.
the toilet bowl design itself is already s trap..no required another s trap pipe.

Last edited:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sir the wash basin itself has one just look under the basin. The shower will hv p trap. Wc has one s trap it is built in. Where the water ponds.

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal
i check.my toilet bowl piping itself do not have s trap.only the shower side got s trap.
the toilet bowl design itself is already s trap..no required another s trap pipe.

the waste pipe is the vertical white pipe beside the toilet bowl in pic. it connected to the toilet pipe before the toilet bowl to prevent pressure buildup. does your toilet have the pipe? my contractor remove them, so the toilet smells. i did not know until during HIP.

20140318_105414.jpg

Last edited:

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup.i have this in the shower room.
so what can i do with it?
open the cap to remove the pressure?

every toilet and s-trap shld be connected to these waste-pipe. is the problem toilet connected to these waste-pipe? if it does u can try remove the cap and see what happens. take pic of yr problem toilet?

Last edited:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
every toilet and s-trap shld be connected to these waste-pipe. is the problem toilet connected to these waste-pipe? if it does u can try remove the cap and see what happens. take pic of yr problem toilet?

remove the cap?will shit or air pressure shoot out or not?

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal
remove the cap?will shit or air pressure shoot out or not?

i think the blockage is after the s-trap of the toilet. better call TC to check the piping of floors below for blockage. very rare but there are cases where the toilet overflow with shit water.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think the blockage is after the s-trap of the toilet. better call TC to check the piping of floors below for blockage. very rare but there are cases where the toilet overflow with shit water.

today second group of town council came to check.
first tech say the toilet bowl is a old design, better replace a new toilet bowl
second tech say he will check with level 2 and level 4,but after disappear never come back.
3rd tech say he open up the sewage trap at ground floor.he say result satisfactory he block.
all left..no update ,problems not solved.

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal
shit job. no one wants to get their hands dirty.:smile::smile::smile:
yr piping is the floor below, so neighbor must be in. got to open the inspection covers, if blockage won't be nice.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
today second group of town council came to check.
first tech say the toilet bowl is a old design, better replace a new toilet bowl
second tech say he will check with level 2 and level 4,but after disappear never come back.
3rd tech say he open up the sewage trap at ground floor.he say result satisfactory he block.
all left..no update ,problems not solved.
They could be checking the wrong pipe. I may be wrong. But I think for high rise block, there are 2 sewer pipes for each stack of flats. Flat on the 2nd and 3rd story will be served by a separate smaller waste pipe that does not go all the way to the roof top. This waste pipe is joined (at a level few floors above yours) to a bigger waste pipe that serve the 4th floor and above. Both pipes are interconnected at every storey by smaller pipes.

If the main waste pipe that serve the higher floor is partially choked at the ground or 2nd storey, each time a higher floor discharge large volume of water, air in the main waste pipe cannot escape into the manhole and may be pushed to your waste pipe through the connecting pipe and then into your toilet.

Therefore, maybe the TC has checked only the waste pipe serving your unit but the choke is actually in the main waste pipe that serves the upper stores which is the real cause your problem.

Last edited: